Login

russian armor

Low ranked player's comments about the hotfix.(10 dec 2015)

11 Dec 2015, 16:30 PM

***** Comments below are from a low ranked (scrub) player who know nothing be warned) ******

--OKW is still the best faction,the patch has delay the heavies a bit that's all.

-Brits are not fixed and still a liability in team game.

-Flame nades kill Allies HMG very easily as allies HMG don't suppress fast enough. But MG42/24 will suppress or kill anything very fast that come their way.

-It's very hard for allies to keep territories.

-Panthers with smoke can rush in kill something and get out easily even if they are nearly dead.

-Flak truck lock territories easily long enough to get heavy tanks out.

-As it is, ( For 3vs3 and 4vs4 game format allies side) the fun factor is the worst since the coming of Coh2.

-It's rather sad to watch live game and see allies trashed even when the players are evenly matched.

-So if Relic don't do something «solid» the game is over. Hope is fading fast.

Are we being robed of our favorite game just before Christmas. :*( :*(
Thanks.
11 Dec 2015, 16:33 PM

In my opinion a lot of it starts with the kubelwagen in the 3v3 and 4v4 mode, since the maps are realy wide. Therefor a kubel can cap territories really quickly and the player can just move his troops to the frontline. Therefore it's really hard to get some feet onto the ground. Also you have a lack of resource income. The fact that you meet a light tank at the moment you could have a light tank too if you had normal resource income is negated by the kubelwagen.
11 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM
Patrion 14

--OKW is still the best faction,the patch has delay the heavies a bit that's all.

Don`t forget Panzer4s. This is a great change imo, the problem with okw was the fact they were able to get out those tanks so early. I never found the volks blobs an issue, one maxin or 50cal always solved it. It was the fact I had to somehow get out a maxim/50cal to deal with the infantry and then have sufficient AT for that P4.

-Brits are not fixed and still a liability in team game.

Post hotfix - I disagree (at least in 2s), do you use snipers? those mortar pits... dat 17 pounder. High accuracy engineers with brens O_O

-Flame nades kill Allies HMG very easily as allies HMG don't suppress fast enough. But MG42/24 will suppress or kill anything very fast that come their way.

Disagree here. MGs should be positioned in your backline (behind your infantry) and such a way that they have a wide field of fire - this allows you to suppress those annoying volks blobs and amplify your infantry killing power. You can also see a flame grenade coming from a mile away (that lone charging volks squad), supress him or bail before you bleed.

-It's very hard for allies to keep territories.

Its actually very easy. If you`ve got a brit friend, you can use a bofors behind a shot blocker. Or his snipers to decrew team weapons and make them lose models for simply moving around (And you don`t lose anything! What BS).

With americans +soviets, you both have great suppression options (maxim + 50cal + halftracks) to suppress any advance - this lets your infantry react. The halftrack is particularly great at this, being mobile it can rush to one side of the map suppress something, then rush back to your main line.

Here`s a twtich thingy as an example. - http://www.twitch.tv/troyd_destin/v/29331010?t=11m24s Notice the MG placement is behind our infantry line, we even fuck up and lose our halftrack (because guess what, it wasn`t on the backline or flank) but the two backline MGs keep us in the game.

-Panthers with smoke can rush in kill something and get out easily even if they are nearly dead.

Yeah, this sucks. However, the wehrmacht typically gives up other good commander abilities when he has this. So the counter is to build mines in places you expect panthers to rush - also remember to ~Attack ground (hotkey: g) into the smoke with your AT weapon. You`ll often get the kill.

-Flak truck lock territories easily long enough to get heavy tanks out.

Sort of, this depends on how well guarded it is. An unsupported flack truck will die to a single AT gun. Most At guns can use attack ground outside the range of the flak truck even without field of vision. American Pak Howies are also great at removing these. In most cases, you won`t kill the flack truck before the first medium (Panther, p4, jagd) hits the field... but it will be severly damaged if you`v kept up the pressure, which means he`s likley losing sturm pioneers trying to fix it.

The other great counter is applying enough early pressure / map control - so they have to place their flak truck somewhere in the rear - limiting its infantry impact.

-As it is, ( For 3vs3 and 4vs4 game format allies side) the fun factor is the worst since the coming of Coh2.

3s and 4s have never been balanced (except that one time), they suffer from the snowballing effect of mechanics, shared resources etc. If you derive fun from balance and tactical prowess - try 2v2 or 1v1. 3v3 and 4v4 is just the shit show where you go to play casually with friends :P There`s a rason all the tournaments are 1v1 or 2v2 formats.

-It's rather sad to watch live game and see allies trashed even when the players are evenly matched.

After the hotfix? Its more balanced then it has been in a long time. As allies you need to apply serious pressure within the first 5-20 mins of the game. You have the some of the best tools that allow you to do this. (Spammable suppresion) If you`re not dominating by then, you`ll have to put in place AT gun lines and mines to deal with axis armor.

-So if Relic don't do something «solid» the game is over. What a nice Chrismas...hope is fading fast.

Thanks.

I for one, think this hotfix is the best christmas present ever from relic. Also the constant updating means we have a company that cares about the game and its users. Don`t be so quick to trash someone for spending time, resources and effort (at no cost to you) on something that you likley play quite heavily.
11 Dec 2015, 17:02 PM

Thanks for your comments.

Please try to play some 3vs3+ team games alone (without your teammates) in automatch to see how broken it is.

Maybe Relic'boss should hired some unbiased top players from Coh2.org to fix this mess. (Like Ciez, Jadame or many others willing to give their best).
11 Dec 2015, 17:15 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for your comments.

Please try to play some 3vs3+ team games alone (without your teammates) in automatch to see how broken it is.

Maybe Relic'boss should hired some unbiased top players from Coh2.org to fix this mess. (Like Ciez, Jadame or many others willing to give their best).

I don`t disagree with you at all.

I already know how broken it is from a competitive standpoint, and no - I don`t play alone in 3v3 / 4v4 because those are team games. Playing alone withouht proper communication is not the point of a team game. Playing a game in a group environment without actual direct team communication means you`re looking for a casual experience. Which is what most people in random 3v3 / 4v4s want.

Your posts however, make it seem as if you`re concnered with balance as a primary factor of your *fun* which indicates a lust for comeptition. Thereforce - I highly suggest you play 1v1 or 2v2 to improve your *fun factor*.

Unfortunately, it is well documented that in most RTS games - anything beyond 1v1 is often already a broken mess because of the way most game mechanics can snowball when you balance around a 1v1 environment. I struggle to think of a RTS game where something didn`t synergize or stupidly snowball in a team game for one side or particular combo. For example in SC2, big name tournaments are usually 1v1 - because for a long time (even now probably ) 2v2 or more was considered unbalanced (something bout protoss scaling).Even in CoH, 2v2 only recently has become more competitive with actual tournaments and stuff with players like the ones you mentioned.

As a side note, In my opinion The only real way to balance 3v3 / 4v4 - while keeping 1v1 / 2v2 balanced - would be to change the way each faction works in each gamemode. Weather thats making it so there is less fuel and manpower income on 3v3 or 4v4 maps or something more out of the box (lower popcap?).
11 Dec 2015, 17:43 PM

Two posts invissed, one for flaming the other for quoting the offending post.
11 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

Thank you, Troyd. A good reply to some decent questions. I'm glad I got to read your thoughtful response before the OKW fanboys (I won't name names) come in here and turn this into a shit show.

Me and my buddy suffer the same fate in 4 vs 4s and it's starting to aggravate us - after months and months and months and months and months and months (lol you get the point) of unbalanced gameplay. I think me and him will give some 2 vs 2s a go in hopes of a more entertaining game.
11 Dec 2015, 17:50 PM

I dont think the current problems have anything to do with factions anymore OKW is great now. They needed the MP hotfix. The biggest problem atm is MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS. We need good COH maps. not campy non flank/ non cutoff piece of crap camp maps (like 90% of maps is atm). :D There is imo like 4 great maps in this game (in total all game modes) :foreveralone:

Still having a lot of fun tho :D
11 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM

I'm sorry. But giving the size of a player base, 3v3 random 4v4 random, no I don't think there should be any weight carried in balance suggestions. No matter the patch, my 4v4 AT always stomps on lost noobs who are searching 4v4 random, but when it's 4v4 AT vs AT, it's usually always a good game no matter the patch. But that happens far and in between..
11 Dec 2015, 17:53 PM

Since the game was released iv only had a few good games where I searched 4v4 random and it ended up being a good game. But that is a rare event. There is usually at leaste 1 noob that ends up in the game and it becomes a 3v4 very quickly... now if the game had 10,000 people searching in automatch, there could be a difference... but there isn't..
11 Dec 2015, 18:08 PM

So if i understood what what said above, i'm better quit playing cause their is little hope for 3vs3+.

It's rather strange that COH1 and COHO 3vs3+ were so FUN ? And i've been playing the allied side for nearly 10 years... I'm old i know..

Give me my favorite game back !!! I know you can Relic.

Thanks for your comments anyway.
11 Dec 2015, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

So if i understood what what said above, i'm better quit playing cause their is little hope for 3vs3+.

It's rather strange that COH1 and COHO 3vs3+ were so FUN ? And i've been playing the allied side for nearly 10 years... I'm old i know..

Give me my favorite game back !!! I know you can Relic.

Thanks for your comments anyway.

Balance wise yes, but if you insist on 3v3 (and care about balance) - get a team together! You can negate a lot of the issues with proper team play and communication, which doesn`t exist in the random 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 modes.

The 3v3 and 4v4 game modes are fun regardless, I personally don`t take them seriously. Also, i`m just highlighting the fact you are associating balance with fun which is the game is more readily designed (balance wise) for in 1v1 or 2v2.

I hope you can continue to find the impetus to continue playing CoH2. I still think its a fantastic game for all it`s problems.
11 Dec 2015, 18:40 PM
Patrion 14

Thank you, Troyd. A good reply to some decent questions. I'm glad I got to read your thoughtful response before the OKW fanboys (I won't name names) come in here and turn this into a shit show.

Me and my buddy suffer the same fate in 4 vs 4s and it's starting to aggravate us - after months and months and months and months and months and months (lol you get the point) of unbalanced gameplay. I think me and him will give some 2 vs 2s a go in hopes of a more entertaining game.

If you ever need some guidance or want some tips, hit up Myself or Canaris . We feel 2v2 is currently the best mode that offers a balance between personal skill levels and coordinated team-play.

We stream on the regular, watching either one of our broadcast histories (on twitch) might give you some ideas.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS