Login

russian armor

OKW shrek lock got relocked once HQ destroyed

11 Dec 2015, 11:44 AM

Introduce HQ side-upgrades. Problem solved :D
12 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 11:26 AMnee

Could you not have tried vehicles like Puma, or T0 Raketenwerfer? Neither cost munitions.

I cannot agree; Volks and their panzerschreck upgrade isn't a very high amount, whereas King Tiger cost arms and legs. If anything, KT shouldn't be callable if you lost any of the trucks after deployed.
PS I actually for the better part of WFA's post-release assumed losing a truck meant you couldn't do these things ;p

most trouble i got is against USF. UKF and SU i am fine with it.

right now i found if i go battlegroup by the time stuart hits the field usually i only have 1 shrek and 1 reketenwerfer, (used 1-2 flame nade while fighting infantry) it will just run pass my at gun (or charge from other direction as the arc is so small) and push my AT sq around, shooting my flak HT while taking all the hits from my flak HT like tickles, then infantry blobs follows to smoke or wipe the at gun, deal with my at sq.

if i go mech, then i am kind struggle with ally infantry blobing and their HMGs.

so once my HQ is destroyed i lost shreks upgrade option or puma to fight ally early armors and they can just circle my AT gun to death for fun. since there is no vehicle crippling for OKW, it is pretty much gg.
12 Dec 2015, 15:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've never seen this happen, but does Ost lose panzerfausts if you destroy their tier 1?
12 Dec 2015, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:59 PMTobis
I've never seen this happen, but does Ost lose panzerfausts if you destroy their tier 1?

They do.
12 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah you know that one unit with the frontal armor of the is2, but is slower and has same armor, but a better gun and 80 fuel more that requires fully teching.

You are forgetting something rather crucial... the King Tiger is on the base faction and not doctrine specific. It is a crazy privilege that the King Tiger is available on the core faction and is absurd to be making direct comparisons for a Doctrine specific unit, especially considering the KT also the best tank. (240 Damage makes it a squad and AT gun wiping machine)

The King Tiger is also versing Allied AT which is generally much weaker than axis AT counter parts. Bazookas vs Shreks and Ziss/M1's vs Pak for example.
12 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned

You are forgetting something rather crucial... the King Tiger is on the base faction and not doctrine specific. It is a crazy privilege that the King Tiger is available on the core faction and is absurd to be making direct comparisons for a Doctrine specific unit, especially considering the KT also the best tank. (240 Damage makes it a squad and AT gun wiping machine)

The King Tiger is also versing Allied AT which is generally much weaker than axis AT counter parts. Bazookas vs Shreks and Ziss/M1's vs Pak for example.

Whats better hmmm. A tank that costs a total of 640 mp 230f no additional costs.

Or a tank that costs fuel: 310 + 25 + 50 +100 +45 = 530
MP: 720 + 900. = 1620

The age old non doc argument is so old. If KT was a doctrinal unit that required no teching people would flip and call it super OP.
15 Dec 2015, 21:55 PM

Whats better hmmm. A tank that costs a total of 640 mp 230f no additional costs.

Or a tank that costs fuel: 310 + 25 + 50 +100 +45 = 530
MP: 720 + 900. = 1620

What do you want to say with this math? You always have to tech for trucks unless you want to loose, you can't just spare up all you got for a heavy tank until it gets unlocked, so this costs have nothing to do with a real game. The costs you are summing up are not side tech upgrades for getting the KT, its the normal tech. Skipping tech was only valid for medium tank call-ins like T34/85. It was too powerful so they removed it.

The age old non doc argument is so old. If KT was a doctrinal unit that required no teching people would flip and call it super OP.

Why should they? Any other heavy tank works like that. If KT would come at about 1 CP later than IS2/Tiger I would think it would be much more balanced, because it would hit the field later than now by a huge margin.
Phy
15 Dec 2015, 22:26 PM

In my opinion King tiger shouldn't be able to be built unless all three trucks are built and alive. That way You can't throw away a flak HQ and bank on a King tiger.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS