Login

russian armor

December 10Th Hotfix

PAGES (11)down
12 Dec 2015, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 13:29 PMwafive

maybe 16 pop cap will be fine, cuz their crew can't be snipe or kill :) :) :)
that emplacement also has 800 HP, like Panther, Pershing, Comet, T-34/85 ect
damage 320, like other superior Tank Destroyer,

maybe relic think, that 17 pdr emplacement is static Tank Destroyer, so their pop cap is 20 like other superior Tank Destroyer

while true the 17 pounder is a huge emplacement,this means its hard to build it or even use it,and its also an easy target to hit,also while it has around 800hp it also receives bonus damage from specific sources(like flame weapons)which makes the emplacements durability look bad

and if thats not enough it costs a alot of resources(400mp and 75 fuel)

and and 20 pop cap for something thats static and you see how stupid the pop it takes is.

12 Dec 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 04:03 AMnee

The bad thing is that it makes the OKW HQ truck idea a sham since it ends up being just like Ostheer/ Soviet base buildings. At that point you might as well just limit HQ trucks to HQ sector.

i actually think OKW HQ truck is a buff to OKW, as it doesn't need to wait for 3min for replacement anymore.
12 Dec 2015, 23:20 PM

I've given this balancing topic quite a lot of thought. I've wondered why it is people are content to play a WWII game that rushes you through all the years of the war in a mere 30 - 60 minutes? Why aren't there any campaigns / TOWs / mods that are purely linked to a particular time period of the war? Meaning, if you're playing in "1941", you're not EVER going to have a KT called in, nor a Pershing, nor an ISU or IS2.

A "bracket" system, if you will, which locks the techs into a period of the war would keep this train wreck of moving from early to mid to late game too quickly, from happening at all. a 4v4, 1941, for example. The best tank you're getting is going to be the Pz4, and that's the "king" tank on the map. Or a 2v2, 1945, where you're simply not going to see earlier tech because it's been replaced and trashed. T70's don't exist because even a Volks with a sling shot is going to take it out, so your first tank coming onto the battlefield is going to be T34/85s, with lots of IS2's, KV2s, ISU152s, etc.

People fight in the eras they choose, is what I'm essentially saying. I'm surprised this hasn't come up, before, TBH. Some of this concept IS in the game, in the campaigns, I get it. However it's NOT in the PvP, and adding that in would go a long way to solving the teching issues. If you simply cannot win a game without a KT or JP - then just play in 1945 and stick with that. If you like the challenges associated with the earlier parts of the war, then play that. Something for everybody.

Just some thoughts.
13 Dec 2015, 02:36 AM

while true the 17 pounder is a huge emplacement,this means its hard to build it or even use it,and its also an easy target to hit,also while it has around 800hp it also receives bonus damage from specific sources(like flame weapons)which makes the emplacements durability look bad

and if thats not enough it costs a alot of resources(400mp and 75 fuel)

and and 20 pop cap for something thats static and you see how stupid the pop it takes is.

Yeah, it's incredibly impractical on most maps. I could see it working on Minsk Pocket or the central alley in the Refinery map, but anywhere else is not worth it. 20 pop is ridiculous for a fixed emplacement.
13 Dec 2015, 06:34 AM

I just played a guy 1v1 , who built 10 volks ( all upgraded with schreck ) 3 sturmpio and 6 Panzerfüsiliers. Panther and Ostwind the only armor. Nothing else.

I built 6 rifles, 2 Assault Engies whole game, and he accuses me of spamming.:rofl::rofl:

Quite simply could not kill enough of his units, as he just kept building more and more and more..

This is the fucking problem. OKW can build this much shit and still make a panther and ostwind and survive till 18th minute just on mines and schrecks for At.

Granted I well full retard halfway through the game and threw the game away out of frustration but its just ridiculous that I kept most of my squads alive for most of the game and upgraded to bars yet I cannot gain the upper hand because okw can just pump Panzerfüsiliers and volks out and hold on till superior armor which can only be countered by jackons or 4 m10.

FYI, Map was karhov.

I also noticed M10 cannot crush wooden fence near south fuel WTF...

13 Dec 2015, 10:05 AM
Patrion 14

I just played a guy 1v1 , who built 10 volks ( all upgraded with schreck ) 3 sturmpio and 6 Panzerfüsiliers. Panther and Ostwind the only armor.

OKW can go over 100 popcap now? Please, dont start talking nonsense...
13 Dec 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 10:05 AMStafkeh

I assumed people would be intelligent enough to realize I was referring to new squads.

Try getting clarification nextime, that way you won't look like an uninformed ignorant illiterate arse.:thumb:
13 Dec 2015, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 10:05 AMStafkeh

He didnt say his opponent had 10 volks, 6 fusilier, etc at the same time...
13 Dec 2015, 10:47 AM
Patrion 14

I assumed people would be intelligent enough to realize I was referring to new squads.

Try getting clarification nextime, that way you won't look like an uninformed ignorant illiterate arse.:thumb:

My fault for being a non-intelligent uninformed ignorant illiterate arse, but all these squads sound like a pretty high MP investment to me?
13 Dec 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 10:47 AMStafkeh

My fault for being a non-intelligent uninformed ignorant illiterate arse, but all these squads sound like a pretty high MP investment to me?

That was the point of my post. How can okw build this many units in a game, reinforce losses, build all 3 tiers, a panther and a ostwind

I would like to see ost try and achieve such a feat.

Tbh I wish I had been able to watch replay instead of just relying on end of game stats.
13 Dec 2015, 11:32 AM

That was the point of my post. How can okw build this many units in a game, reinforce losses, build all 3 tiers, a panther and a ostwind

Tbh I wish I had been able to watch replay instead of just relying on end of game stats.

It's just a fault of:
- no side-upgrades.
- vet 5.
- Schrecks on cheap main line infantry.
- Forward retreat point.
- Free healing.
- Free cut off/fuel defense.
- Not that big bleed.
- Cheap teching.
13 Dec 2015, 12:31 PM
Patrion 14

In my eyes OKW misses completely the point of being elite. All they do is pump out infantry atm. Their infantry should be good, but also cost a good amount of MP. Imo Volks are overperforming for their cost atm, for sure if you also count in they can upgrade to schrecks and have a hard counter vs units in buildings.

13 Dec 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 12:31 PMStafkeh

In my eyes OKW misses completely the point of being elite. All they do is pump out infantry atm. Their infantry should be good, but also cost a good amount of MP.

OKW as a whole has the elite theme. Volks specifically do not have that theme. What they represent is anything but elite.

I think that causes a lot of confussion with people.
If we stubbornly go with the overall faction theme for every single OKW unit, in the end each unit would be some kind of Obers. A faction can't consist of elite units only. I would like to see sth akin to the Volks <-> Grens relation in vCoH between Volks and Obers.
13 Dec 2015, 20:07 PM

Ayy game is literally fixed again.

Funny that with this patch OKW really hasnt changed apart from the tech structure. The costs are basically 1:1 from pre patch, fuel income goes up, so does fuel cost. Literally a facade, the penalty

The difference was before resource conversion could be used to micromanage your economy. Now you don't have that option and their tech structure is boringly simplistic now. Used to be you didn't need a panzer command at all since jp4 was divorces from it.

All in all we got a more boring faction out of the deal.
14 Dec 2015, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 05:08 AMRemo

I'm still waiting for warspoils fix, and yes I use the word fix because it's a broken stupid system.

Hurry up already, Stellaris release pretty much marks the death of coh2 for me unless some big things happen, and I mean actual big things not the stuff you guys like to hype up but turn out to be nothing special.

I also really hoping for that bloody warspoil fix as well...
14 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Okw doesn't spend any less manpower on teching than anyone else, if Anything USF spends the least manpower. And will actually pay more than any other faction in terms of manpower.

Volks reinforce for 25. They are no longer "cheap"

Sws trucks x3 = 300 mp 45 fuel
Battlegroup headquarters 200 manpower 25 fuel
Flacktruck 200 mp 105 fuel
Mechanized 200 mp 50 fuel.
-10 starting fuel

= 900 mp 225 fuel

Most people buy the forward reinforcement point so +300
1200 mp 225 fuel
Some people don't go mechanized.

So either 1200 mp 225 fuel or 1000 mp 175 fuel.

Bitching about okw not having sidetech is stupid if you don't see USF getting free squads and free retreat point as the same exact thing. Where is ostheer and soviet freebies?? Okw still pays more per tank than almost any other faction.

Weapon racks allowing you to dual equip and putting zookas on rear ech you think should honestly be free or something?

Riflemen get grenades and smoke grenades. Okw doesn't even get grenades. Just shitty bundle grenades on obers. And molotov clone incendiary nades on volks that don't do any damage except to get somone out of a house.

Add okw side tech? Ok then don't give USF free squads with weapon upgrades for teching that requires no building hands free teching and only costs 200 mp.

14 Dec 2015, 18:35 PM

Okw doesn't spend any less manpower on teching than anyone else, if Anything USF spends the least manpower. And will actually pay more than any other faction in terms of manpower.

Volks reinforce for 25. They are no longer "cheap"

Sws trucks x3 = 300 mp 45 fuel
Battlegroup headquarters 200 manpower 25 fuel
Flacktruck 200 mp 105 fuel
Mechanized 200 mp 50 fuel.
-10 starting fuel

= 900 mp 225 fuel

Most people buy the forward reinforcement point so +300
1200 mp 225 fuel
Some people don't go mechanized.

So either 1200 mp 225 fuel or 1000 mp 175 fuel.

Bitching about okw not having sidetech is stupid if you don't see USF getting free squads and free retreat point as the same exact thing. Where is ostheer and soviet freebies?? Okw still pays more per tank than almost any other faction.

Weapon racks allowing you to dual equip and putting zookas on rear ech you think should honestly be free or something?

Riflemen get grenades and smoke grenades. Okw doesn't even get grenades. Just shitty bundle grenades on obers. And molotov clone incendiary nades on volks that don't do any damage except to get somone out of a house.

Add okw side tech? Ok then don't give USF free squads with weapon upgrades for teching that requires no building hands free teching and only costs 200 mp.

The fanboism is strong with this one.
Free stuff for usf: lieutenant, cpt, frp.
Free stuff for OKW: healing, repairs, aa, cut off defense, nades, schrecks.
14 Dec 2015, 18:39 PM

Permanently Banned

The fanboism is strong with this one.
Free stuff for usf: lieutenant, cpt, frp.
Free stuff for OKW: healing, repairs, aa, cut off defense, nades, schrecks.

Yeah do some math, it hurts doesnt it.
14 Dec 2015, 18:52 PM

Yeah do some math, it hurts doesnt it.

While I think calling someone a fanboy is always wrong, I think you are clearely biased for OKW. You underestimate the bonuses that OKW receive for free.

For instance, unlocking weapon racks slows down your tech to vehicles, it also requires you to specialize your infantry. Should you pick double zooks, the squad is now a minimal threat to infantry. Should you pick bars/1919's you are very vulnerable to tanks. Should you split the difference and get one of each you end up with a squad that is always told to target tanks whenever they see them, but then wastes the other upgrade.

Meanwhile OKW does not pay for weapon racks and it gets its specialization through selection of units. This gives it helps it avoid paying to shoot at the wrong target, or causing main line infantry to become ineffective until target X appears. It also doesn't hurt that it gets the literal best version of every gun. LMG 34, upgrade to all other LMG's, Shreks are an upgrade to Zooks, Minesweepers are even an upgrade to regular sweepers.

On top of this your comparison only looks at USF. Yes USF gets free stuff, but it also comes at a cost. USF has to pay pop cap for each tech level. Whether the player wants it or not they are getting a rifle section (effectively). This is quite difficult to do as the game gets latter, and the units become more and more armor driven. A forward retreat point, sure, but that's gonna cost you tank pop so its price is actually the upkeep times the length of the game, which can be quite a bit higher than 300 mp.

You have neglected comparing to all other factions, which receive nothing for teching but the tech access. It doesn't help a Brit player to unlock T2, other than they get T2. If you specialize, which is an upgrade cost, you do get some fun stuff, but again at cost.

OKW's access to free upgrades will change in the next major patch, I almost guarantee it. It will have to pay to get access to the things all other factions currently do. The reason it avoided it before was because of limited income, that is now removed.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS