russian armor

The Royal Artillery Regiment

25 Jan 2016, 20:54 PM

If it did they would all miss. :)

Will test it later...
25 Jan 2016, 21:14 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 20:26 PMKleft
Slightly off topic, but anyone know what happens if you use the ability and also throw section flares at the same time? Do the barrages happen one after the other with delaying inc on second? Increased ROF?

IS flare ability will go on cooldown from the Overwatch ability.
1 Mar 2016, 11:49 AM

Since the brits now have a faction with somewhat viable artillery in the land mattress, I can only hope this commander isn't forgotten about.

Likewise, compared to the counter battery ability in the emplacements doctrine the concentrated barrage from royal artillery looks incredibly weak. The counter battery is firing the same shells, but it will fire into the fog of war to hit its targets and the sheer volume of shells makes up for the poor accuracy (assuming that the axis don't bother to move that is...).

I'd heard that Relic are looking at the 25 pdrs to make them more useful. I'd hope that the sexton isn't forgotten about if and when they do that.
1 Mar 2016, 12:10 PM

Now to await OKW only players who come in and say its fine, while lieing about a time when it was ok.

Honestly British arty should make up in number of shells to make up the lack of acc or damange. A small decrees in mun for abilitys to get the base howtzers to fire and increase the number of shells for both the base and sexton. Im. Talking about 9-12 shots per gun.

It should be a fear for the axis when that red smoke pops up, not a "Eh whatever".

I play pretty much only OKW, I agree it's a very weak doctrine and needs some buffs.
1 Mar 2016, 16:27 PM

This Brit commander is the worst (and the Sexton one of the worst units in the game now), but all stock British commanders need immediate attention. Changes to the AVRE (no hold fire button) have left if being almost useless as it spins 500 times before you can get the turret to line up on the now gone target. Commandos are in a doc with 4 munitions abilities, of which 2 of them are extremely high ~200 or >300 per shot.

Final complaint, why does Brit crew repair work on all vehicles? Shouldn't it be case by case like Soviet crew repair?
1 Mar 2016, 22:05 PM

In the latest build, according to TAB players you CAN USE the Concentration barrage through the fog of war.. Relic ninja remove?
1 Mar 2016, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 22:05 PMXazax
In the latest build, according to TAB players you CAN USE the Concentration barrage through the fog of war.. Relic ninja remove?

Just tested it and you're right - nice catch!

Glad to see it too, it was pointless without blind fire capability (and it's arguably still pointless due to the howitzers, but I'll take what I can get at the minute).
2 Mar 2016, 05:31 AM

Sexton aoe stats are seriously wrong.
2 Mar 2016, 08:12 AM

I'd be inclined to use this commander if the Valentine came at an earlier CP.
2 Mar 2016, 17:39 PM

I'm not convinced the base defenses are inherently bad. They work extremely well on Overwatch on the new Emplacements commander. But as said before the Valentine and Sexton are useless and The 2nd ability is far too expensive.
4 Mar 2016, 08:27 AM

Useless. Using sexton = Self-hard mode
4 Mar 2016, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 20:26 PMKleft
Slightly off topic, but anyone know what happens if you use the ability and also throw section flares at the same time? Do the barrages happen one after the other with delaying inc on second? Increased ROF?

The abilities share cooldown.
You can't use them at the same time.
25 Mar 2016, 18:07 PM

I'm curious, how was this commander in the alpha/beta?

I think I saw a mention of an artillery officer coming with the sexton call in? Likewise I've heard the Valentine had a gun that was closer to the T-34/76 than the 80 damage peashooter it has now?

I'm mostly just curious as to how things ended up as bad as they were.
25 Mar 2016, 18:16 PM

oh crap i didnt realize there was another thread on this! Yeah this commander is awful!

BW you don't need line of sight for Coordinated Fire anymore

the only good thing about this doctrine is early warning flares!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★