Login

russian armor

Nerf OKW trucks structure hp.

10 Dec 2015, 10:51 AM

OKW trucks have about 1500~ 2000 hp on setup. these trucks are too versatile , too cheap and too durable.
hp of OKW truck structures should be nerfed then they must defend trucks against enemies. what's your thought?

edit :

I AM OKW user too. I found that IF I LOSE MY TRUCK, IT DOESN'T HURT. it's cheap so you can get benefit from forward trucks even if you lose that truck. you can just produce another truck and setup again your real base after truck loss. I don't mind losing my truck anymore. i can re-produce that cheap truck easiliy.

it offers forward reinforcement point, producing ability and medic with cheap cost.

I think the loss of enemy is almost always bigger than my truck loss after the battle around that truck.

edit 2 :

The forum on this site is meant to discuss something for balance and talk with fun not insult forum user
10 Dec 2015, 10:55 AM

They already do have to defend them against enemies. Their design is to be forward of the home sector. If you nerf the HP too much no one will build them outside hq area.
10 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM

They already do have to defend them against enemies. Their design is to be forward of the home sector. If you nerf the HP too much no one will build them outside hq area.

the point is that OKW truck structures are too cheap for their durability and versatileness. the cost is too cheep for that performance. if OKW is op now, the responsibility is on that trucks.
10 Dec 2015, 11:03 AM

Hello.

A lot of OKW player already build theses only in their base.
There is few point to build the repair truck forward as OKW vehicles are usually fast and can easily go to the base.
The same for the Gun T3 truck as it only offers a hard defense point, gives the ennemy a target of choice and the loss of it is a major blow in your strategy.
Only the medic truck in interesting as it help the slow infantery to reduce retreat time. Also it is cheam enough to recover from a loss (300MP 35 Fuel)

Kozo.
10 Dec 2015, 11:15 AM

the point is that OKW truck structures are too cheap for their durability and versatileness. the cost is too cheep for that performance. if OKW is op now, the responsibility is on that trucks.

Based on what calculations?
10 Dec 2015, 12:45 PM

Totally disagree. We will see on-the-field trucks being wiped out by bombing runs again.
OKW should have valid access to both playstyles with trucks deployed on the field or not.
10 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 12:45 PMJohnnyB
Totally disagree. We will see on-the-field trucks being wiped out by bombing runs again.

Implying air supremacy already doesn't do this.
10 Dec 2015, 12:59 PM

Either increase the cost of the trucks or make them set up only at base.
It's a very strong advantage for early-mid game to have a reinforce/heal/retreat point on a faction that now is balanced and have 100% income.
It has healing (soviets for 250) reinforce (werh for 150 and 60 ammo) and retreat point (UK glider, or USF major that comes in mid-late game).
Blobs retreating to mid map, reinforcing and pushing again is too hard to counter if you always have to get back to base to reinforce, heal and get back to the battlefront. Keep reworking OKW please.
10 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM

Either increase the cost of the trucks or make them set up only at base.
It's a very strong advantage for early-mid game to have a reinforce/heal/retreat point on a faction that now is balanced and have 100% income.
It has healing (soviets for 250) reinforce (werh for 150 and 60 ammo) and retreat point (UK glider, or USF major that comes in mid-late game).
Blobs retreating to mid map, reinforcing and pushing again is too hard to counter if you always have to get back to base to reinforce, heal and get back to the battlefront. Keep reworking OKW please.

It's almost guaranteed that OKW income will be nerfed next patch. There forward points are a strength/weakness.
10 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM

The trucks are a non issue. If you loose control of the map you're going to have to expect some sort of punishment. The trick on most maps is to manoeuvre around them, build artillery and shell them.

It's always a good idea to take at least on of the artillery doctrine commanders, preferably a self propelled artillery piece and then use it to punish arrogant OKW players.

I mean hell, watch any of Fortune's games, he uses artillery to punish OKW players for building IN THEIR OWN BASE. Great example in the replay bellow:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/45788/dotdotdot-v-fortune

Seriously the only building that OKW have that should arguably be changed is the Shwer but still even then it's not impossible to kill. A well placed AT gun can eliminate it for gods sake.

And before you say anything, no I'm not a Wherboo I'm actually a USF Fanboi.
10 Dec 2015, 13:40 PM

The trucks are a non issue. If you loose control of the map you're going to have to expect some sort of punishment. The trick on most maps is to manoeuvre around them, build artillery and shell them.

It's always a good idea to take at least on of the artillery doctrine commanders, preferably a self propelled artillery piece and then use it to punish arrogant OKW players.

I mean hell, watch any of Fortune's games, he uses artillery to punish OKW players for building IN THEIR OWN BASE. Great example in the replay bellow:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/45788/dotdotdot-v-fortune

Seriously the only building that OKW have that should arguably be changed is the Shwer but still even then it's not impossible to kill. A well placed AT gun can eliminate it for gods sake.

And before you say anything, no I'm not a Wherboo I'm actually a USF Fanboi.

This....granted its easier to replace a truck now that its not timer based..but come on how would you feel if a single strike(or a single strike plus a few more small hits) could kill one of your tech structure? Which is what would happen if the HP is lowered.
10 Dec 2015, 13:57 PM

Wait let me guess, another rank 5000 player that talks about balance? :lolol:
10 Dec 2015, 14:22 PM

This....granted its easier to replace a truck now that its not timer based..but come on how would you feel if a single strike(or a single strike plus a few more small hits) could kill one of your tech structure? Which is what would happen if the HP is lowered.

I'm in favour of the status quo for building health. Arty counters them nicely - if used in conjunction with some armour and infantry, hell even mortars.

However we must remember, the game is player differently at top 150 top 500 and 1000+. as a player who can still get placed in those tier 750 for my pleb faction I can say that a lot of the lower tier players struggle to deal with a bunker until tanks come out...

I think alot of the 1000+ don't build a solid combined arms army (like they spam arty or armour) and wonder how a building backed up by defenders can be so hard to dislodge. I can see why lower tier players could think them OP. Especially if you are only running Sherman's or /34's at em. This can lead to frustration and calls of plz nerf.

10 Dec 2015, 14:23 PM

Sounds like someone needs to play as OKW more and learn just how easy it is to lose your truck if you get outplayed.

OKW is currently OP because Relic goofed on the Popcap "fix" and didn't properly price OKW vehicles after increasing their resources to 100%, not because of their trucks. (Though many would argue that the Forward Retreat point is an unfair advantage in super large 4v4 maps).
10 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM

I don't see any reasons flak hq to penetrate medium tanks and supress infantry anymore.

Suggestion: remove supression, reduce penetration to 15-20. No longer hurts medium vechiles and light tanks.
10 Dec 2015, 14:59 PM

There are many issues with trucks, but health is not one of them.
10 Dec 2015, 15:00 PM

Based on what calculations?

I AM OKW user too. I found that IF I LOSE MY TRUCK, IT DOESN'T HURT. it's cheap so you can get benefit from forward trucks even if you lose that truck. you can just produce another truck and setup again your real base after truck loss. I don't mind losing my truck anymore. i can re-produce that cheap truck easiliy.

it offers forward reinforcement point, producing ability and medic with cheap cost.

I think the loss of enemy is almost always bigger than my truck loss after the battle around that truck.
10 Dec 2015, 15:03 PM

You can say what you want, but without a playercard you have no credibility.
10 Dec 2015, 15:08 PM

You have to reproduce the truck, rebuild and repay for the building, and go a period of time lacking the ability to produce vital units. The worst part for OKW is that unlike other factions, when we lose our forward retreat point, we lose the ability to produce some units and have to go through a long let up point. Plenty of problems with OKW right now, this isn't one of them.
10 Dec 2015, 15:12 PM

Wait let me guess, another rank 5000 player that talks about balance? :lolol:

You can insult rank 5000 people in this forum. I can report your rudeness. be polite or you must go elementary school again. What's difference between racist and you? nobody grants you insult-free ticket even if you are good at game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★