Login

russian armor

Why didn't I know the Road to Kharkov map has changed a lot?

16 Dec 2015, 00:56 AM

I like the changes other than the cut offs. It's much more open so there's more avenues of approach and 3 mgs won't be able to lock down the whole map
16 Dec 2015, 01:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not a fan of the new buildings, it leads to an annoying rush to control them at the start of the game. Brits get shafted if they can't hold the buildings with no indirect fire.
16 Dec 2015, 01:35 AM

Cut off is too far back , imo. I like the openness of the center too.
16 Dec 2015, 01:41 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the open middle so far. It just feels a bit... plain, featureless. A few pieces of cover would make it look a bit more interesting for me.
16 Dec 2015, 02:37 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

How it is better?

Cutoffs are unacceptable.

This is the kind of thinking that is ruining coh2. for the love of god. wtf.
16 Dec 2015, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 01:13 AMTobis
I'm not a fan of the new buildings, it leads to an annoying rush to control them at the start of the game. Brits get shafted if they can't hold the buildings with no indirect fire.

Brits have two forms of indirect fire: Pyrotechnics base Howitzer barrage and a mortar pit.

They also have a flamethrower on wheels.

Hello everyone, thanks for all the feedback regarding the changes to Road to Kharkov.

I was hesitant moving 2 of the cut-off points so far back, but figured I'd try it out and see what the response was like. With that said I have no problem moving them a bit further forward (back towards their old positions).

Please continue to post your feedback.

thanks

I would definitely prefer them to be moved forward a bit.

I also think that the strat points can be a bit too clustered. You can cap 3-4 of them in the same time it would take to do 1-2 on other maps.

16 Dec 2015, 05:50 AM
Donator 22

I like the new map design. Much better then before
Phy
16 Dec 2015, 06:48 AM

How it is better?

Cutoffs are unacceptable.

Hmgs, especially brit hmg in a small balding near right vp covers half of the map.

Everything is too open, so spam even more hmgs, flanking are impossible anyway.

It took some serious effort to turn bad map into one of the worst maps.

I agree with you when I'm playing in 2vs2 mode. I would rather play north old kharkov than any position in new kharkov anyday.
16 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

Hello everyone, thanks for all the feedback regarding the changes to Road to Kharkov.

I was hesitant moving 2 of the cut-off points so far back, but figured I'd try it out and see what the response was like. With that said I have no problem moving them a bit further forward (back towards their old positions).

Please continue to post your feedback.

thanks

I generally dont like the cutoff mechanic. It makes the game too straight forward and predictable.
16 Dec 2015, 18:41 PM

I would move the cut offs up some, but not all the way up to where they were before.
16 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM
Senior Referee Badge

And what do you guys think of the new minsk map? I really like the changes they made, the mid is more open I love that! It makes the map much better. Good job to the mapmakers! :D
16 Dec 2015, 23:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Minsk change was good. Kharkov change, not so much for some reason. If they just made kharkov the same as before but put gaps in the forests in the middle and made the map wider from the forested side, it would be much better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★