Login

russian armor

Soviet vehicles

9 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM

You know it's going to be salty if it's a thread about Soviet balance

1.Katyusha
After the huge nerfing it's received, why does it fire so slowly? The original intention in the gap of the salvos was so that Axis players could react to the Katyusha's awesome firepower. But now, not only is it patheticaly weak, it's also slow. Katyusha needs a damage buff and the silly gap in the salvo needs to be removed. It should fire all at once like the panzerwerfer.

2.SU-85
Oh boy. Where do I start? This supposed 'tank destroyer' bonces shots at a panther, costs more than a StuG, but is slower, less accurate and penetrates less. It shouldn't be priced down, but rather should have it's abilities increased to its resource value.

3.T34/85
Needs a serious damage and penetration buff. It should be able to reliably penetrate the frontal armor of panthers and Panzer IV ausf.J. It's almost as expensive as an easy eight but it is nowhere near as good.
9 Dec 2015, 08:41 AM

1.Katyusha
After the huge nerfing it's received, why does it fire so slowly? The original intention in the gap of the salvos was so that Axis players could react to the Katyusha's awesome firepower. But now, not only is it patheticaly weak, it's also slow. Katyusha needs a damage buff and the silly gap in the salvo needs to be removed. It should fire all at once like the panzerwerfer.

2.SU-85
Oh boy. Where do I start? This supposed 'tank destroyer' bonces shots at a panther, costs more than a StuG, but is slower, less accurate and penetrates less. It shouldn't be priced down, but rather should have it's abilities increased to its resource value.

3.T34/85
Needs a serious damage and penetration buff. It should be able to reliably penetrate the frontal armor of panthers and Panzer IV ausf.J. It's almost as expensive as an easy eight but it is nowhere near as good.

SU-85 Has the best DPS of any tank destroyer with vet, can self spot
9 Dec 2015, 08:44 AM

1.Katyusha

2.SU-85

3.T34/85

soviets are not a money maker anymore.

i wouldn't expect any love.

SU is stuck with 1941 tech while everyone else is late war. SU-100, and DSKH were the primary weapons, yet we are stuck with SU-85 and Maxim MG.
9 Dec 2015, 08:49 AM

1. IMO Peewerfer should be tuned down a bit (almost always wipes 6-man squads), not Katy buffed.

2. Use range advantage with ability to self spot and you'll be fine. What is bad in damaging enemy vehicles while not receiving any return fire?

3. That's a 800 HP generalist tank (effective both against inf and armor). You can't have everything in one unit - survivability, AI and AT, while keeping decent mobility. IMO it is an exemplar of what medium tank should be for its cost.
9 Dec 2015, 08:58 AM

SU-85 Has the best DPS of any tank destroyer with vet, can self spot

It miss a lot and at vet 0 it's rather pathetic.

The veterancy bonuses should be lowered and the stock vet su-85 should be buffed, now with vet 0 is crap but it becomes a monster at vet 3.

At vet 3 it get +50% reload and +30% accuracy, maybe lower this to +25% and +15% and buff the stock vet 0 su-85 with +25 % reload and +15 % acc.
9 Dec 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 08:44 AMpoop

soviets are not a money maker anymore.

i wouldn't expect any love.

SU is stuck with 1941 tech while everyone else is late war. SU-100, and DSKH were the primary weapons, yet we are stuck with SU-85 and Maxim MG.

well, it's about late 1942 tech.... pretty lack luster, and yeah, only OKW recive all the attention/revamp/overhual, the vallinna faction have lost their market value since all those mad discounts.

Soviet hands down the most powerful ground force till they collapse and even their iconic late war tank T-34/85 are locked in doctrine....... two years ago, their ads/trailer impressed me by " representing the forgotten eastern front"
what we've got is a stock 1942 soviet army with many iconic med-late war weapon locked in a specific commander separately.
9 Dec 2015, 10:40 AM

I don't know about this Soviets-are-stuck-in-1942 theory. I mean, what major late war weapons are they missing? A couple of assault guns are the only things that come to mind. But is the absence of the SU-100 really that big a deal? I mean, maybe the T-34/85 could become non-doctrinal, but that's the only significant change I could see happening.

Ostheer's not that different really. The only weapons they have that were developed after 1943 are the StG44 and the Ostwind. Maybe the Brummbar. So I don't think the Germans-have-future-weapons argument really holds true.

Both the Soviets and the Ostheer do, however, suffer from older faction designs that lack features like forward retreat points. That's significant.
9 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM
Donator 33

SU-85 even with its bounces can keep Panthers at bay, and it becomes a autocannon that snipes infantry at VET3, it fires even faster than ziz 76mm on Vet3 due to not having any reload animation, its kinda like a brummbar, shit before Vet 3 but after that it will even beat an IS-2 in a 1vs1 (good things come to those who wait)
9 Dec 2015, 11:04 AM

Invissed a post, you can be critical of developers but not flat out offensive to them.
9 Dec 2015, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 11:04 AMSwift
Invissed a post, you can be critical of developers but not flat out offensive to them.

What if I change "Relic" to "OKW"?
9 Dec 2015, 11:17 AM

What if I change "Relic" to "OKW"?

How about no.
9 Dec 2015, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 11:17 AMSwift

How about no.

Why? It won't offence anyone. In fact it describes feelings of many players.
9 Dec 2015, 11:38 AM

Why? It won't offence anyone. In fact it describes feelings of many players.

Just leave it please.
9 Dec 2015, 11:49 AM

Ostheer's not that different really. The only weapons they have that were developed after 1943 are the StG44 and the Ostwind. Maybe the Brummbar. So I don't think the Germans-have-future-weapons argument really holds true.

Tell this cons, maxims, penals, sniper team and CE who use gear from Great War. Or even downgraded, like molotov.
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 11:00 AMATCF
SU-85 even with its bounces can keep Panthers at bay, and it becomes a autocannon that snipes infantry at VET3

:sibHyena:
9 Dec 2015, 12:11 PM

I don't know about this Soviets-are-stuck-in-1942 theory. I mean, what major late war weapons are they missing?

Hmm

PPS-43 submachine gun
SG-43 Goryunov machine gun
100mm Model 1944 BS-3 anti tank gun

KV-85
KV-1S
SU-100
SU-122
ISU-122
9 Dec 2015, 12:12 PM

katyusa hp is 160. it should be 200~240.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★