Login

russian armor

Ostheer

7 Dec 2015, 23:58 PM

Helleuh

Have decided upon playing Ostheer again in 1v1s. To me, personally, they still feel very weak and have trouble facing conscript and riflemen hordes whilst themselves being very prone to wipes with their 4 men squads. Apart from their teching being laughable price wise (too expensive) and their medium tank (PIV) being not so great at anything, I still find them hard to use effectively.

The things I can't seem to beat are:

- a horde of concscripts supported by a siper and 2 at guns stalling into an IS2.

- Riflemen hordes supported by rangers and sherman + double at gun stalling into pershing

Advice would be truely appreciated.

*Considering maps, I wish I had more vetoes, because 80% of the maps are just horrible for Ostheer.
8 Dec 2015, 00:03 AM

If relic finally allowed linear, cheaper tech for Ostheer and fixed the broken Panzerwerfer, Ostheer would finally be able to rely on something else than MG42s as blob counter.
8 Dec 2015, 00:05 AM

If relic finally allowed linear, cheaper tech for Ostheer and fixed the broken Panzerwerfer, Ostheer would finally be able to rely on something else than MG42s as blob counter.

Yeah well, panzerwerfer is overperforming and in a tier where you would normally go for panther to begin with. Teching is just way too expensive, it limits Ostheer tech capabilities..
8 Dec 2015, 00:14 AM

8 Dec 2015, 00:26 AM

vs USF, sniper micro. MG42 in one key building to force nades.

Vs Sov, MG42s.
8 Dec 2015, 00:43 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 00:18 AMaaa
dude osheer is second strongest faction in game. Its not a faction its your skill in that particular game. I played this game very bad too and I defeated you. I would win with ostheer too.
My rank droped from 86 to 500. I honestly know you were playing on the bottom level.

If there is a balance topic based on that trash game I would upload it. but i didnt save replay.

This is the L2P forum this post is uncalled for.
8 Dec 2015, 01:25 AM
Donator 11

I lost a game, so instead of trying to git gud or ask for advice from the strategy section, I'll just blame balance and call it a day!!

No but really, your personal struggles don't indicate a faction is UP. L2P
8 Dec 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is the L2P forum this post is uncalled for.

it actually isnt, so the post is totally called for :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 02:01 AM

The conscript zombie horde is pretty hard to counter early- particularly if they flank a team weapon & steal equipment.
The P4 target acquisition is a bit wonky & doesn't seem to really do that much to armour.

But to balance that OH has some of the best call ins in the game tied into the largest array of commanders.

The OP said they seem weak & asked for advice. Stop crapping on about balance when it's not necessary.
8 Dec 2015, 02:24 AM
Donator 11

it actually isnt, so the post is totally called for :snfPeter:

True, may not be the L2P forum but actually has nothing to do with the topic at hand or with the mission of this subforum :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

True, may not be the L2P forum but actually has nothing to do with the topic at hand or with the mission of this subforum :snfPeter:

Wait, this ain't?

Then what is? Lobby/General Discussion (AHAHAHAHAHA no.)?
aaa
8 Dec 2015, 03:23 AM

and about hordes. I had 4 cons, 1 engie, sniper, shocks. 6 infantry squads produced entire game.
Cons < grens upgraded with any weapon. OH Have advantage in sniper vs sniper.
8 Dec 2015, 04:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 03:23 AMaaa
and about hordes. I had 4 cons, 1 engie, sniper, shocks. 6 infantry squads produced entire game.

Soviets have the advantage in sniping. The sniper cloaking nerf to ostheer lets the second soviet sniper snipe the Ost sniper before he can recloak in green cover.
8 Dec 2015, 05:08 AM

i'd like to have whatever you're smoking. on 2nd thought, probably not... seems to have hollowed out your skull :-/

no idea how anyone could say ost sniper wins vs. soviet sniper. even completely disregarding the fact the ost sniper is almost entirely useless against anything the soviets can field apart from maybe the engineers.
8 Dec 2015, 06:53 AM

Helleuh

Have decided upon playing Ostheer again in 1v1s. To me, personally, they still feel very weak and have trouble facing conscript and riflemen hordes whilst themselves being very prone to wipes with their 4 men squads. Apart from their teching being laughable price wise (too expensive) and their medium tank (PIV) being not so great at anything, I still find them hard to use effectively.

The things I can't seem to beat are:

- a horde of concscripts supported by a siper and 2 at guns stalling into an IS2.

- Riflemen hordes supported by rangers and sherman + double at gun stalling into pershing

Advice would be truely appreciated.

*Considering maps, I wish I had more vetoes, because 80% of the maps are just horrible for Ostheer.

I was saying from too long time now that the faction that needed some buffs was ostheer all the time, not OKW! So thanks for the thread, I hope someone from Relic will see this.
In team games, Ostheer needs now OKW in order to invest in it and grow it, so that OKW become a monster in lategame eating the enemy team with ostheer's support. But ostheer itself couldn't hold its enemies. To slow teching, shitty grenadiers, the squad whipe danger lies everywhere. Ostwind has an awkward damage against infantry, the potent units from T4 are sooooo far away. I didn't even build any light vehicle from T2. Why bother? It will die anyway in 2 minutes mark.
8 Dec 2015, 09:02 AM

I am not talking about that game with you, you outplayed me that game. It is the general strategy of stalling for that call in tank which I find Ostheer to struggle with.

Before that game I lost 5 games in a row vs call in warriors that simply stalled via horde style spam until they got IS2 or Pershing. It sucks because you lose due to cheesy ass strat.

Imagine stalling for tiger without getting one single tank as Ostheer. That is suicide on 80% of the maps.
8 Dec 2015, 09:34 AM

Problems -

Shitty grenadiers getting outscaled with vet.
Overpriced junk P4 with bad accuracy vs infantry and laughable penetration.
Shit ostwind and shit overpriced brumbarr meaning lack of dedicated AI vehicle
Overexpensive T4 teching

Relic plz fix these modest problems which do not require too much of an effort.
A pen buff for pz 4.
A lategame 5 man upgrade for gren.
T4 small cost adjustment.
More dmg and accuracy for ostwind
And price reduction on brummbarr.

How difficult is that?
8 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

Problems -

Shitty grenadiers getting outscaled with vet.
Overpriced junk P4 with bad accuracy vs infantry and laughable penetration.
Shit ostwind and shit overpriced brumbarr meaning lack of dedicated AI vehicle
Overexpensive T4 teching

Relic plz fix these modest problems which do not require too much of an effort.
A pen buff for pz 4.
A lategame 5 man upgrade for gren.
T4 small cost adjustment.
More dmg and accuracy for ostwind
And price reduction on brummbarr.

How difficult is that?

Too difficult to do whilst now needing to spend all of their time with fixing the monster they created in this december patch :foreveralone:
8 Dec 2015, 10:10 AM

Just lower tier 2 MP cost while increasing mp cost of scoutcar/halftrack to compensate. Everything else is still fine imo. Albeit my opinion is pretty redundant because at this point i'm not sure if i suck at OST or OST sucks. The only way I've been able to win since last patch is ostruppen doctrine in to quick flamer halftrack, then backtech to t1 if needed to counter light vehicles. Every other build that includes grens in initial build order has ended with a loss.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment