Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
14 Dec 2015, 17:37 PM

One thing I found since the recent Dec. 10th hotfix, which increased axis tank fuel cost, was even more chrek blobs to tied them over until tanks. Something still needs to be done about chreks. OKW received 100% resources so basically chreks are essentially "cheaper".

I think chreks price needs to be increased. All I see now is giant chrek blobs because the OKW player has so much munitions followed buy a late game KT and JT. The problem here is the only thing that USF has to kill these damn things is Jackson or Pershing. These tanks are easily countered by these giant chrek blobs. Bazookas hardly do any damage to heavy tanks ans USF AT gun us garbage so late game OKW is almost uncounterable with USF.
14 Dec 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 17:37 PMNirad
One thing I found since the recent Dec. 10th hotfix, which increased axis tank fuel cost, was even more chrek blobs to tied them over until tanks. Something still needs to be done about chreks. OKW received 100% resources so basically chreks are essentially "cheaper".

I think chreks price needs to be increased. All I see now is giant chrek blobs because the OKW player has so much munitions followed buy a late game KT and JT. The problem here is the only thing that USF has to kill these damn things is Jackson or Pershing. These tanks are easily countered by these giant chrek blobs. Bazookas hardly do any damage to heavy tanks ans USF AT gun us garbage so late game OKW is almost uncounterable with USF.

Hilarious typos aside, you're right. OKW pretty much focuses on Volk spam even more now, which makes the game comically bad when facing them. They hold you until they can get their KT out and then it's usually gg.

Make their tanks cheaper again and take away their panzerschrecks, I could totally go for that change any day.
14 Dec 2015, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 17:54 PMRemo

Hilarious typos aside, you're right. OKW pretty much focuses on Volk spam even more now, which makes the game comically bad when facing them. They hold you until they can get their KT out and then it's usually gg.

Make their tanks cheaper again and take away their panzerschrecks, I could totally go for that change any day.

Do they still get two schrecks per squad?
14 Dec 2015, 18:05 PM

Agreed. If it wasn't for Ost, there'd be no AT guns on the field. Every team game I'm playing, OKW just blobs until tank, or blob to Luchs then tanks. It's the same BO every time.

USF can't field AT guns because blob. Gotta micro the snot out the glass tanks because of blob. Field a .50 or other suppression unit (halftracks), it's quick retreat to the forward med truck then blob resurges flames your .50 or lazer-shreks the HT or one shots it with the insta-KT.

This game has decidedly become less fun since the Dec. patches.
14 Dec 2015, 18:58 PM

Do they still get two schrecks per squad?

If you are talking about Volks, then no, and I never heard of them ever having 2 shreks. They have, and continue to have 1.

Yes something needs to be done about the shrek on volks. And yes the blob happy OKW is more blobby than ever. Part of the problem is the ease with which they replace volks late game, and the rate at which these units vet. Loss of a vet 5 volks is very unimportant, you can get another for 250 mp and 90 mun, with ~5 shrek shots. Meanwhile, the loss of one allied tank can spell all but disaster because they depend on numbers to win games.
14 Dec 2015, 22:12 PM

This is why I think it would be a great idea for OKW to have a dedicated "Tank Buster" squad like PE. I would rather have Volks with MPs than shreks plus it will create a munition dump for the faction as a whole.
14 Dec 2015, 22:21 PM

It would have been a cool OKW "feature" if infantry squads had a munitions cost but came out with weapons. Way way too late now though.
15 Dec 2015, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 17:09 PMNEVEC

Riflemans and rear echelones?

Yes usf only has these 2 infantry units. Not more at all
15 Dec 2015, 07:44 AM

You want to say, that you prefer paras with bars instead of lmgs or Thompsons? :snfPeter:
15 Dec 2015, 07:53 AM

Officers already have free weapons, elite infantry already have tomsons/m1919. I don't think you will upgrade weapon crews or assault engeneers with bazookas or bars.
15 Dec 2015, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 07:53 AMNEVEC

Officers already have free weapons, elite infantry already have tomsons/m1919. I don't think you will upgrade weapon crews or assault engeneers with bazookas or bars.

Just turn on sprice Stream, bars on pathfinders, bars on rear. But hes a noob ofc :) and doenst change the fact you got the flexibility to go for zooks on every squad usf has.
But im wasting time again:bananadance:

Edit: if you want to trade racks with global upgrade,hit me up. I bet most okw and ostheer players would take racks over global (lmg pio Inc <444>3)
15 Dec 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 17:54 PMRemo

Main problem to this is that there isn't a dedicated AI solution for Volks. If you would give them the choice between AI or AT (Like Stormtroopers have) you will see lot less Panzerschreks.

Stormtroopers give you the chance to go STG44's, Panzerschreks or if you got the Elite Troops Doctrine the G43's. Therefore you can make your troops more dedicated. Give them an AI option and the problem could be solved.
15 Dec 2015, 11:13 AM

Main problem to this is that there isn't a dedicated AI solution for Volks. If you would give them the choice between AI or AT (Like Stormtroopers have) you will see lot less Panzerschreks.

Stormtroopers give you the chance to go STG44's, Panzerschreks or if you got the Elite Troops Doctrine the G43's. Therefore you can make your troops more dedicated. Give them an AI option and the problem could be solved.

Give them grenadier fausts then. I don't care what they have just enough of the schreck blobs already it's obnoxious.
15 Dec 2015, 11:16 AM

Just turn on sprice Stream, bars on pathfinders, bars on rear. But hes a noob ofc :) and doenst change the fact you got the flexibility to go for zooks on every squad usf has.
But im wasting time again:bananadance:
(lmg pio Inc <444>3)

Oh yes, barfinders blob, my fail. But this is only 1 option that i forget.
15 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

I totaly agree with Nirad´s post.
15 Dec 2015, 20:38 PM
Donator 11

I think its all about poor map design and the cut off mechanics
18 Dec 2015, 06:32 AM

I would be curious to see what would happen if volks had their shreks removed and had G43s + Frag or MP40 + Smoke 'nade upgrade instead for a week how well the OKW could perform. Not saying it should be a permanent thing, but I would be interested to see whether or not OKW mid-game would be fine relying on fausts, rak and Pumas.
18 Dec 2015, 10:55 AM

ok for volk /w shreck but Kar98k too much acc compare other unit
(68%-74%)
18 Dec 2015, 12:41 PM

Who could have seen volks spam were coming, when all relic did is systematically kill every other viable tactics for them?!

They buffed volks
They didnt fixed obersoldaten
They didnt fixed Rkw43
They increased tank prices
They removed suppression

So go ahead, "nerf-nerf-nerf" schrecks too... obviously thats the only problem now...
18 Dec 2015, 13:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 12:41 PMRiCE
Who could have seen volks spam were coming, when all relic did is systematically kill every other viable tactics for them?!

They buffed volks
They didnt fixed obersoldaten
They didnt fixed Rkw43
They increased tank prices
They removed suppression

So go ahead, "nerf-nerf-nerf" schrecks too... obviously thats the only problem now...

Yeah, I mean, I get why people are complaining but at the same time what exactly would you have OKW do? I like the new Kubel but it has kind of a niche function and probably won't survive past 4 minutes or the first Allied light vehicle. No stock MG (and puddingy doctrinal MG that doesn't even come at 0CP) puts OKW at a distinct disadvantage vs early Allied blobs. The raketen isn't quite as bad as it was at first, but it's still far and away the worst AT gun and is easily outmaneuvered by anything faster than an IS2.

The reality is that OKW just doesn't have a whole lot of opening moves, and that their lack of non-handheld AT (and lack of handheld AT other than schrecked up volks) forces their hand. I think I like the idea of a dedicated tank buster squad with an StG or other AI package for volks.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak