Login

russian armor

MG42 does not suppress!

7 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM
Donator 11

so i had a couple of games where the mg42 wont suppress at all or it takes way longer than before. Relic are you ever gonna get serious with this game or just keep fucking around?
7 Dec 2015, 21:58 PM

1) were they in green cover?

2) were you OKW or Ostheer?
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 7 Dec 2015, 22:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Do you have anymore Steps? I wasn't able to repro this issue.
7 Dec 2015, 22:34 PM
Patrion 15

Steps to reproduce or a replay would probably be more useful than 2 sentences and a whole load of salt.

Keep it respectful in the future.
9 Dec 2015, 14:34 PM

I think I know the problem, it appears when the HMG is firing at a squad, but actually hit's a shot blocker with every hit, hence unable to suppress a squad or even damage it. However this inflicts every HMG
9 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

I think I know the problem, it appears when the HMG is firing at a squad, but actually hit's a shot blocker with every hit, hence unable to suppress a squad or even damage it. However this inflicts every HMG

I know what you're talking about, but I thought this was an intended part of the game. It's usually pretty obvious that the bullets aren't getting to your target and that acts as a good cue to relocate your MG. After a couple of times, you learn where not to position your MG on the battlefield.

I guess it might be better, though, if the MG wouldn't shoot at all in those circumstances? I personally kinda like it the way it is.
9 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM
Donator 11

It was not like this before, maps with height elevation like the munition point on langreskaya are broken.
9 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

Quality feedback thread right there.
9 Dec 2015, 23:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 21:00 PMQbix
Quality feedback thread right there.

im guessing you havent played coh since release.
10 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 23:09 PMspajn

im guessing you havent played coh since release.

I was referring to the lack of specific information coupled with an unnecessary insult into Relic's direction. "Hurrdurr mah MG stahped suppressing, please HALP, Relic you sucxx" is not how you articulate yourself as a helpful person.
10 Dec 2015, 14:01 PM

Couple of easy reasons why not:

Brit
- You need to manually shoot every squad when the blob runs toward your to suppress every one on that blob.
- They are in cover. Its funny that IS in green cover wins 1on1 MG, Or Vickers Outshooting MG42 in cover but hey, brits are in life support or something after the last patch.

USF
- You need to manually shoot every squad when the blob runs toward your to suppress every one on that blob.
- They used antisuppression ability

SOV
- They yelled urah didnt they?

10 Dec 2015, 15:52 PM
Donator 33

I dont think that mg bullets can hit shot blockers, since sometimes the mg might shoot at a tank wreck right in front of it but still suppress the enemy on the otherside, i mean units can even shoot through the ground if they are standing on a steep hill
10 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM

It's possible the MG can kill a model instead of suppressing it and the squad can run right up on the mg, ive seen it a few times.

Another thing you can do is stack MG42 fire rate bulletins which speeds up the suppression to basically instant every time.
10 Dec 2015, 16:24 PM
Donator 11

Do you have anymore Steps? I wasn't able to repro this issue.

here is link to replay http://www.coh2.org/replay/46056/mg42-does-not-suppress

19 minutes you see the mg42 inside of a building but refusing to fire
22 minutes you see the mg42 again inside of a building firing very short bursts and can't suppress a mortar squad
27 minutes the mg42 goes full retard and can't even manage to suppress a conscript squad right in the open.

I think you need to recrew a mg42 to get this bug

How can bugs like this always ALWAYS slip into your builds?
10 Dec 2015, 16:37 PM

I'm pretty sure infantry small arms fire ignores terrain. MGs can't get shot-blocked by objects.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 10 Dec 2015, 18:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 16:24 PMspajn

here is link to replay http://www.coh2.org/replay/46056/mg42-does-not-suppress

19 minutes you see the mg42 inside of a building but refusing to fire
22 minutes you see the mg42 again inside of a building firing very short bursts and can't suppress a mortar squad
27 minutes the mg42 goes full retard and can't even manage to suppress a conscript squad right in the open.

I think you need to recrew a mg42 to get this bug

How can bugs like this always ALWAYS slip into your builds?

Thanks for the replay, I needed a few more steps to nail this down. The Issue is if the HMG is Pinned when the weapon is Abandoned (crew Killed) the "Pinned" modifiers stay on the Weapon.

Added Issue to our database, Thanks
10 Dec 2015, 18:43 PM

The complexity of interactions in this game is amazing. I guess it will never be entirely bug free.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 10 Dec 2015, 18:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks for the replay, I needed a few more steps to nail this down. The Issue is if the HMG is Pinned when the weapon is Abandoned (crew Killed) the "Pinned" modifiers stay on the Weapon.

Added Issue to our database, Thanks

Note: This occurs on all the HMG's not just the 42.
10 Dec 2015, 19:08 PM

Green cover/shotblockers vs HMG's is annoying. It should suppress slower but as it is right now it doesn't even suppress at all most of the time.

Especially with brits it's way too easy to just pop into green cover and shoot an MG to death.

11 Dec 2015, 03:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Green cover/shotblockers vs HMG's is annoying. It should suppress slower but as it is right now it doesn't even suppress at all most of the time.

Especially with brits it's way too easy to just pop into green cover and shoot an MG to death.

The fact that they are mostly 4man squads helps a lot. They get less suppression than conscripts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★