Login

russian armor

Durability of Conscripts

7 Dec 2015, 13:25 PM

I don't know where else to look so I'm asking here. I only play soviets and I feel like my conscripts die instantly to pretty much everything and I was looking for stats to quantify this phenomenon.

So far, I can only find two factors that influence the durability of a squad: Armor and Health. It appears that the vast majority of infantry have 80 health and 1 armor per unit, meaning that a conscript squad with 6 members has 480 HP which is superior to almost every squad in the game. Is this actually true??

For example, it feels like its impossible to kill obersoldaten with small arms fire even with shocks, but they apparently only have 1 armor and 80 hp per unit as well, making them only 66% as durable as a conscript squad.

Does anything else matter for durability of a squad besides unit health and armor?
7 Dec 2015, 13:37 PM

A lot is received accuracy. Cons have a received accuracy modifier above 1 which means they get hit a lot, Obers however have a modifier of 0.7 which is a massive resistance to small arms accuracy.
7 Dec 2015, 13:38 PM

Hello.

Yes there is.
The name is "Accuracy recieved" and basically increase or decrease the number of shots you get in the face. If memory serves, conscripts have a negative value, something like 1.2 (meaning that shots are 20% more likely to hit them) and Obersoldatens have 0.8 (meaning that shots are 20% more imprecise on them.

Kozo.
7 Dec 2015, 13:39 PM

Hmm, thanks @ Swiftsabre and Kozokus.

Is there any online database where I can find these values??
7 Dec 2015, 13:42 PM

Ye, pretty much the above.
Received accuracy besides squad size and armour (which only Shocks have) is the single most important factor in determining infantry survivability. However, if you play the other factions (and I strongly recommend you do that ;) ), you'll see that ie. the Ostheer Grenadiers are on balance a good deal more vulnerable than Conscripts are.
7 Dec 2015, 13:48 PM

I think their fine early again grens and volks. Later thier good meatshiled because of big rec.acc. buff at vet 3.
Only think they lack is firepower.

I think they can have psh now at 1 CP , all other weapons are at 1 CP (even allmighty g43)

And once rusian layer build all tiers he should get passive 1 Dp28 lmg on all coscripts. This would help lot of doctrines and also will give russina player a think why he should tech all tiers.

After OKW changed I think it is not big buff at all .
7 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

http://stat.coh2.hu/

You can find most stats here, I think it's up to date.
Look for 'target size', it determines a unit's received accuracy. It can also be modified by veterancy!
7 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

As garmeth said i realised too that i was unable to find datas on each squad's ACC recieved.
Does anybody have a link?
(I cant find them on coh2stats)

Kozo.
7 Dec 2015, 14:02 PM

Only think they lack is firepower.

This make them die a lot in the early game before they vet up and basic low dps together with all the rec acc vet of other units makes them irrelevant in late game as, while durable themselves, they cause literally no attrition.

They also have less effective hp then 6 models, because of 1< base rec acc, which means you are still forced for the doctrines with weapon upgrades or elite inf to even compete.

I think they can have psh now at 1 CP , all other weapons are at 1 CP (even allmighty g43)

And once rusian layer build all tiers he should get passive 1 Dp28 lmg on all coscripts. This would help lot of doctrines and also will give russina player a think why he should tech all tiers.

After OKW changed I think it is not big buff at all .

Makes sense now that all infantry except cons and penals actually scale and do damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★