Login

russian armor

The State of Balance and the Future of Team Games.

7 Dec 2015, 00:35 AM
Donator 11

From what I was told, relic's general direction for balance is 1v1's first and team games second. SO instead of trying to balance all game modes at once, why not split it up into two groups. MY suggestion is you create 2 groups one group is for 1v1 games and a second set for team games. Then you can balance 1v1's and work on team games without screwing everything over.Now you could also do 1v1's and 2v2's and split 3v3's and 4v4's into groups. Either way, there are a large number of units one army can field in this game and certain units have to perform on different levels in team games vs 1v1's. For example, take the british, when its abilities are used in a 4v4 they can become incredibly effective (UKF tac support *cough*).
7 Dec 2015, 05:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 04:14 AMpugzii
does anyone even read this shit?
i made it shorter, give it a read though
7 Dec 2015, 05:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 04:14 AMpugzii
does anyone even read this shit?

same shit different week. this same thread is literally made every 2 weeks or so.
7 Dec 2015, 05:51 AM

did you actually read it or are you just assuming its a rant? If there's another thread like this I'm sorry then I didn't see it

yes i read the original post. the idea of splitting up balance between game modes is not a new one.
7 Dec 2015, 05:54 AM

i made it shorter, give it a read though

Relics inability to balance the game wholely does not bode well for them balancing sub games split by game size... its a disaster idea.
7 Dec 2015, 06:46 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I don't remember who posted this, but in the early days of coh2's life, someone took a video of QDuffy saying that he's not going to make two different games.
The answer is that this will prove to intensive for Relic and it will not be done.
7 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

I don't remember who posted this, but in the early days of coh2's life, someone took a video of QDuffy saying that he's not going to make two different games.
The answer is that this will prove to intensive for Relic and it will not be done.
1v1 is already very close to being balanced and should be the main priority. So let them finish that then focus on team games, it gives them one less item to balance and not have to worry about. All one would have to do is flip back to the last patch for team games and keep current patch for 1v1's. Would be a great starting point in my opinion
7 Dec 2015, 23:01 PM

Invissed one post for flame, another for quoting said offending post.
7 Dec 2015, 23:06 PM

There's no need to make different balance for modes. Balance was pretty great across all modes just last patch.

And the current issue is caused by OKW being OP across all modes, not just teamgames. They are plenty OP in 1v1 just as they are in 4v4. Their OPness just scales since there is more of them.

But if there is anything that needs to be changed it's caches. Caches cause the resources to go out of control in team games far more then they do for 1v1, and to some extent 2v2. If cache resources weren't shared team game economy would be much more like 1v1.
7 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

There's no need to make different balance for modes. Balance was pretty great across all modes just last patch.

And the current issue is caused by OKW being OP across all modes, not just teamgames. They are plenty OP in 1v1 just as they are in 4v4. Their OPness just scales since there is more of them.

But if there is anything that needs to be changed it's caches. Caches cause the resources to go out of control in team games far more then they do for 1v1, and to some extent 2v2. If cache resources weren't shared team game economy would be much more like 1v1.
I agree, as a guy who plays 4v4, I believe the caches need to be limited.
Maybe we could do something where the other players on the same team only get 10% of the cache bonus while allowing it to still be part of a team game.
7 Dec 2015, 23:43 PM

My understanding is that his position has changed since then.
8 Dec 2015, 00:43 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 23:43 PMNapalm

Oh that is quite interesting...
Also, my apologies for the incorrect use of the word "to". It should read as "too".
8 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 23:43 PMNapalm

Obviously my idea is not perfect so...suggestions? Maybe we could get an idea here and give it them.
9 Dec 2015, 08:05 AM

Obviously my idea is not perfect so...suggestions? Maybe we could get an idea here and give it them.

Get the 1v1 correct first then scale back the income of resources in the larger sized modes to offset the income so it is effectively the same as the 1v1. In the larger maps you have more points worth the same income as the 1v1 maps giving you more "spam" which completely changes the pacing of the game (KT in 11mins).

If the income for each point was scaled back to match 1v1 and the 1v1 balance was correct this should help keep things consistent.

For fixing pop issues it all needs to be reworked so unit upkeep matches unit performance. To make this easier to manage id suggest relic increases pop limits to 200 and double the unit cost so that OKW units that used to cost say 1.4mp per units could now cost 3 so everything is in whole numbers and would give you more wiggle room in fine tuning it to be consistant. MP upkeep cost for volks is just wrong. 45pop to have 9 volks squads with shrek upgrades roaming around (My last 2v2 I played and I was the OKW).

Aura buffs in team games shouldn't stack on top of each other if someone else already has it activated and same for passive buffs.

I believe this would make relics job a lot easier. Might not be perfect but a good start I believe.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak