Login

russian armor

Simple OKW Balance Fix

6 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

I think everyone can agree that the return of the Volkschreck blob does not bode well for any game mode, from 1v1 upwards. But I think most will also agree that the OKW was not in a great spot prior to this patch. There are some things that need minor tweaks, true, but I don't think that the current combat performance of Volks needs to be returned to pre-patch levels (the combat performance of Tommies is another story entirely). So instead of some radical changes that pound the faction into the dust (which we all know will probably happen anyways), I propose a small fix that should solve many of the current problems with the OKW.

Lock the Schreck upgrade behind two buildings. Maybe a 10 MU cost increase as well, but I'd rather not get into pricing discussions since that's material for another thread. The result of this change is twofold - one, it means that there's a guaranteed window of opportunity for light vehicle play against the OKW, who still have potent counters to such in the Rakentenwerfer, Puma and, to a lesser extent, the Luchs. Two, it means that a large, early Schreck blob and heavy armor are now largely mutually exclusive. The player who wants to rush a Schreck blob will build the Battlegroup HQ and Mechanized Regiment HQ, and thus delay the Schwerer Panzer HQ, while the player who rushes the Schwerer HQ will lack one of the tiers in the time it takes them to set it up, and give more opportunity for counter play and exploitation from their opponent.

Thoughts?
6 Dec 2015, 18:33 PM

Just give them the fuel sinks required by all other factions.

Research fire grenades.

Research king tiger unlock.

Research panzershrek package (add a fuel cost to get shreks, like bazooka, PIAT, AT nades) which makes way more sense because Volks don't have to retreat to a weapon rack.
6 Dec 2015, 18:34 PM

I think everyone can agree that the return of the Volkschreck blob does not bode well for any game mode,
?

Speak for yourself. the current problem is not the shreks but the bad allies player still going commando with their medium tanks or not supporting the medium tanks with infantry. this was a problem before but in the past they where not punished for it because the okw couldn't field any decent amount of tanks. you do this now and the okw will exploit your lack of armour with armour of its own.

as an AT unit volks have been nerfed and rather badly. their vet 4 and 5 have been nerfed and they cost more mp.
6 Dec 2015, 18:37 PM

Infantry Sections are no longer cost effective that is all I have to say. Kappa
6 Dec 2015, 18:39 PM

Also volks kinda need a pop cap increase. They performance is alittle excessive for their 5 popcap.
6 Dec 2015, 18:41 PM

Volks just need a performance buff and price nerf to 300, along with Kubel.

Slow down the early game, discourage human wave blobbing with higher Volks upkeep costs. Also portray "quality over quantity" that the armies supposed to be about.
6 Dec 2015, 20:16 PM

The Shreck has literally nothing to do with why OKW is problematic right now.

It's mainly pop Cap and the performance of volks due to the pop Cap.
6 Dec 2015, 20:44 PM

Permanently Banned
WTF are you talking about guys - if you play as US ---- Germans get volks bloob , T3 -> Fast luchs and US can't even release Captain in time --- that's absurd
6 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

Permanently Banned
i can deal with bloobs - but i can't deal with too early luchs
6 Dec 2015, 22:10 PM

Link the zook to T4 as well. Fair deal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %