Login

russian armor

It's time

• This thread is locked
6 Dec 2015, 15:00 PM

It's time for a boycott.

First, this is not about balance of factions and units. So please don't even bring it up.

Let's ask Relic to provide better auto matchmaking.
It implies a better ranking system.
It has past more than 3 years since the game was released.
The ranking system is till very bad.
Man, my nerves were wrecked a long time ago about this.
Simply said I'm tired to play with beginners in team games. I don't know, but it feels like 90% of games are a WASTE of time.
You get in the overpowered team and there is no challenge, no fun.
Or you end up in the team with beginners and you just lose no matter what.
10% of the games look like the teams are ballanced enough and you get to play.

The problem:
- Don't place newbies with the top players in the same game.

Solution:
Well, I believe we can find decent solutions to this together.
Ok, I have one possible good idea. Make a ranking system with divisions.
Like in football. They have divisions A, B, C, D, ..
You start in the last division. You get to play mostly with D players.
Once in a while if you win enough versus same level players or better you get to promote in the next division. Or you go down if you lose too much in the same manner.

The ranking system doesn't need to be PERFECT. It just has to be BETTER, much better than the current one which SUX!

Why boycott. So they listen to us. They didn't care until now, let's make them care.

We could first gather.
Than ask them in a letter signed by many.
We ask them if they already have plans to improve the ranking system and give us an estimation for it (next year, 6 months, 1 year, I quit - too much to wait?, ..).
If they don't give a crap about it than we BOYCOTT.

Grab a list of people that will agree not to play the game, let's say for one hour at a determined day/hour.
And than they'll see that we are tired of their product/game.
We can repeat the boycott if Relic doesn't cooperate.

Anyone likes the idea ?
Do you have friends that could help ? Can we gather enough people to organize a sizable boycott ?
Anyone wants to be part of the leadeship of this movement ?
I won't be a leader because of personal reasons, though I wanted it.

What is your opinion about team balance ?
I believe it's the most messed thing in COH2. Really.

6 Dec 2015, 15:05 PM

6 Dec 2015, 15:05 PM
Donator 11

Well if you enjoy waiting for a game half a day then go ahead, coh2 does not have enough players to do proper match making.
6 Dec 2015, 15:09 PM

Well if you enjoy waiting for a game half a day then go ahead, coh2 does not have enough players to do proper match making.

^This.
6 Dec 2015, 15:44 PM
Benefactor 355

No. You really had to create a smurf to post dis? Have you no cocos? #MVGame
6 Dec 2015, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

Sounds like you need to start playing 1v1s mate.
6 Dec 2015, 15:58 PM

After the British released 25% of the player base quit. Currently the average players for coh2 is 4,400. To put that in perspective age of empires 2 (made 16 years ago in 1999) has 7000 average players. Go to steamcharts.com to check out. Nonstop total imbalance destryoed this game to the point where ppl need to lose their jobs.

Think about some new guy trying to get into the game. Depending which patch he's on the wrong side of. For example can you imagine just getting this game today and playing a couple matches as allies you would say fuck this and uninstall,

That being said I still play and have fun with it. I post those facts to point out relic gives no fucks if you play or not boycotting would do nothing.
6 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM
Patrion 14

Better uninstall already. Bai :)/
6 Dec 2015, 16:19 PM

Would you rather wait only 2 minutes to find a game and just have bad play experience for 15 - 30 minutes X times ? Or quit and wait another 2 minutes to find a game, wait 2 minutes to load the game. and maybe, maybe it will be ok ..
Or would you just rather have to wait 4 minutes and get a good play.

Man, weekends are the horror. It's full of weekend players that play the game once in a while. I lose so much because of this. And so much time thrown into the toilet.

There are other reasons of changing the ranking system/auto matchmaking.
The new players don't get to play to their level. They don't learn. They don't understand nothing from a game when they face a way better team which happens many times. They will leave the damn game because it is such a dump.
It will make the game more competitive. It may revive some of it's dead body parts.

I thought this may hurt the game because there aren't too many players. But think about the good stuff too. New players won't leave just because the game is such a b^tch.

1vs1 ranking has same system of ranking, isn't it ? It can be much better.
1vs1 is so boring to me. I've played 1vs1 in other games. A few years ago became too boring. I'm not a narcissistic.

I'm starting to believe kids nowdays just play this game to bash noobs and make fun of them. Really. No freaking fairplay. Just mean dudes. How would be to play the game without you being able to make an important unit ? Would that be fun and fairplay ?

I don't use my ingame nickname because people don't really like me for good reason :) My idea would be dismissed easier.
I just want to discuss this idea with other people and see if we can get anywhere with it.
6 Dec 2015, 16:31 PM

see if we can get anywhere with it.

You won't.

As it has been stated before the playerpool is way to shallow to allow a proper matchmaking system. Also, relic has way too few resources to rework it extensively. Their time is much better spent balancing the game and creating content.

If you want a better experience, then play 1v1 (this has nothing to do with narcisism) or find some mates to play with (there's a thread for that around here).

I would however like to see some small changes to the matchmaking myself, including the long demanded random option and maybe some insight on when the search radius is expanded.

6 Dec 2015, 16:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

(Moderator Input) Calling for people to engage in boycott and unsportsmanlike behaviour as a means of quiet protest is not acceptable in this community. It will achieve nothing good, and it will mostly disrupt the game flow and enjoyment for people who want to enjoy Company of Heroes.

If you do not enjoy the current game state, either pop to the Relic forums for discussing means to improve it, or simply do not play it. Closing this thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★