Login

russian armor

Flame nades and regular nades

5 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM
Donator 22

Anyone that's played this patch knows that OKW can spam much more nades now. This is especially potent because they never internalize the cost in terms of tech costs.

I was thinking it might make sense to move flame nades to sturmpioneers, and give volks their regular grenades back.

I think this does 3 things:

1. It helps the sturm pioneer excel at a niche role of being an assault/flanking/garrison-clearing unit.

2. It limits the amount of flame nade spam, and makes garrisons more useful vs OKW. OKW has to dedicate specific expensive units to do it now, instead of just having all mainline infantry being able to clear garrisons. This lines up with other factions that need things like mortars or flamethrower engis to do it.

3. Grens still have a good amount of utility with regular nades, just not the ability to completely push out garrisons and push back weapon teams.

Thoughts?

Edit: Someone below suggested a great idea of replacing the concussive grenade with the incendiary nade for sturms. Placing this behind vet might be an interesting idea.
5 Dec 2015, 09:08 AM
Patrion 27

I'm gonna have to contradict you here :snfPeter: ...Sturms have too many abilities already.
5 Dec 2015, 10:03 AM

I don't know why flame nades nades require no upgrade. With OKW you can rush a 6:30 luchs whilst also having panzerschreks and garisson clearing grenades.
5 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

I agree. I miss the regular nade. IncNade on volks is just wrong and doesn't fit.
5 Dec 2015, 11:27 AM

I agree, but Sturmpios probably would have to go up in their price just a little bit (maybe back to 320) to account for their increased utility.

Design-wise, I can only support that idea.
5 Dec 2015, 11:32 AM
Patrion 14

I support this idea. It feels like Volks have a counter against everything...
5 Dec 2015, 12:22 PM

Volks should have REGULAR nade by DEFAULT.

If u upgrade in the T0 volks will have FIRE NADE then.

Thats my idea
5 Dec 2015, 12:39 PM

+1 and they couid just replace concussive grenade with incendiary on sturms. Another thing is how easily volks get vet with flame nades. And with a vet requirement on sturms I think it would find a nice balance.
7 Dec 2015, 01:38 AM
Donator 22

I'm gonna have to contradict you here :snfPeter: ...Sturms have too many abilities already.

I think you could replace the sturms useless concussion grenade with flame nades
7 Dec 2015, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can we buff the incendiary/molotovs a bit too?

I hated them practically being a guaranteed wipe on HMG teams like anyone else, but I feel like their current performance allowing an HMG squad to be hit by them and not take any losses from retreating immediately was too much of a nerf.
7 Dec 2015, 01:45 AM

Anyone else remember the grenade Volks had a year ago that detonated in literally half a second?

Bring those back...and increase their popcap/MP cost.
7 Dec 2015, 01:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Anyone else remember the grenade Volks had a year ago that detonated in literally half a second?

Oh God please no, it'd be too like Rifle Grenade spam. (not quite as bad because their max range isn't close to the average range for rifle troops like rifle grenades, but Allies do tend to have to close in against Axis in many cases to make that probably still pretty bad)
7 Dec 2015, 01:55 AM
Donator 22

Bring those back...and increase their popcap/MP cost.

Nah. Those were the same as airborne cooked grenades. They were too much
7 Dec 2015, 02:04 AM

It's an excuse to raise the cost on Volks though
7 Dec 2015, 15:56 PM

I still think Volk nades should throw slower.
Unless you're at max range and/or psychic, you'll still get caught in the flames because they're so damn fast when Conscripts still throw with the speed of an arthritic pensioner and you'd need to be blind not to notice it.

FIX THE MAXIM RETREAT! You pretty much have to instantly retreat when you see a volks squad outside of the arc otherwise all the crew members will kill themselves trying to pick the gun up out of the fire.
7 Dec 2015, 16:06 PM

The Grenade gets thrown too fast, molotovs have a long animation before its thrown and other grenades have a timer giving you a chance to get away but the incendiary gets thrown really damn fast and most players will not be able to dodge it fast enough taking some damage from it as they're moving out of it and not only that it also denies the cover they were using

It really should have a slower throw time
7 Dec 2015, 16:10 PM

A>) Spios have too many abilities already. Remember they already unlock concussive grenades via veterancy too.

B>) Spios with flame nades?? Really?? Their point blank DPS is already insane, I think that this would be too much.
7 Dec 2015, 16:51 PM
Donator 22

A>) Spios have too many abilities already. Remember they already unlock concussive grenades via veterancy too.

B>) Spios with flame nades?? Really?? Their point blank DPS is already insane, I think that this would be too much.

I mentioned earlier that the concussive grenade they have can just be replaced with a incendiary nade. I also think it's preferable to have one unit with that kind of high dps than to have a ton of scalable volks that can also run around clearing team weapons and garrisons in 1 shot
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★