buff Sexton
Option Distribution Votes
25%
75%
0%
Total votes: 20
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Dec 2015, 23:07 PM

Sexton is the most inefficient unit in the game. I propose that sexton be buffed.

my Solution-
Lower sexton barrage cooldown.

Reason-
The cooltime is 90 seconds. it only shoot 5 shell. the area of effect is the worst. damage is the worst. too high cost for that performance. scatter is high.

related : http://www.coh2.org/topic/44942/i-m-surprised-they-didn-t-buff-trash-sexton
nee
4 Dec 2015, 23:49 PM

IMO one way to buff Sexton is to:

-Let the UKF infantry's Coordinated Barrage ability include Sextons
-Let the Concentration Barrage commander ability include Sextons, so that if you have two Sextons and fully built base, then 3+3+5 = eleven shells on target, almost twice as many shells as you would without this commander. This would at least compensate for the long cooldown time and bad AOE.
-Let the Perimeter Overwatch commander ability include Sextons
5 Dec 2015, 00:44 AM

They do not fire with valentine ability if they are on cooltime. this is a problem too.
5 Dec 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 23:49 PMnee
IMO one way to buff Sexton is to:

-Let the UKF infantry's Coordinated Barrage ability include Sextons
-Let the Concentration Barrage commander ability include Sextons, so that if you have two Sextons and fully built base, then 3+3+5 = eleven shells on target, almost twice as many shells as you would without this commander. This would at least compensate for the long cooldown time and bad AOE.
-Let the Perimeter Overwatch commander ability include Sextons

nice. but this solution may cause problem of other commander that may come with sexton.
5 Dec 2015, 11:45 AM

and its stupid range of a mortar :foreveralone:
5 Dec 2015, 15:06 PM

and its stupid range of a mortar :foreveralone:

the range is 135, but because of high scatter, you have to close to enemies to hit them. the most stupid thing from sexton.
5 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM

I would just give it a bigger damage with more shells fired
5 Dec 2015, 16:16 PM

Less scatter, and a greater number of shells kicked out in a barrage (like 9 or something) to compensate for lower damage and AOE.
5 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

So 2 patch later and Sexton is still Suxton and Lelic still insist on making new commander before fixing old ones.
nee
5 Dec 2015, 17:58 PM

nice. but this solution may cause problem of other commander that may come with sexton.

Only if accompanying abilities either don't apply to Sexton or does not relate to artillery abilities.
You're right though, making their relevance depend a lot on commander abilities makes them very situational units (situational meaning choice of commanders).
5 Dec 2015, 18:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Where is the nerf option in the poll.

6 Dec 2015, 12:38 PM

So 2 patch later and Sexton is still Suxton and Lelic still insist on making new commander before fixing old ones.

Yes. that's why i consistently post this topic. Shit must be cleaned before new one arrives.

Less scatter, and a greater number of shells kicked out in a barrage (like 9 or something) to compensate for lower damage and AOE.

I worried that they may buff it too much. AOE is real problem with low damage and less shells(these are triple penalty in comparison to Priest that have 200 damage, 7 shells and AOE of pi*2.0*2.0)

Sexton just have 160 damage, 5 shells and shit small AOE of pi*1.5*1.5.
6 Dec 2015, 13:04 PM

At the bare minimum the Sexton should be brought in line with its historical performance relative to the priest.

The Sexton carried more ammo than the priest and could fire further. In game it fires less shells with the same cooldown and fires at a much shorter range than the priest.

As a more general point, I'd say that traditional gun artillery is very poorly represented in game at the minute. Especially for the US and brits who were pretty damned good at it. Just compare it with the current strength of rocket artillery. But that's a topic for another thread really...
7 Dec 2015, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 13:04 PMtenid
At the bare minimum the Sexton should be brought in line with its historical performance relative to the priest.

The Sexton carried more ammo than the priest and could fire further. In game it fires less shells with the same cooldown and fires at a much shorter range than the priest.

As a more general point, I'd say that traditional gun artillery is very poorly represented in game at the minute. Especially for the US and brits who were pretty damned good at it. Just compare it with the current strength of rocket artillery. But that's a topic for another thread really...

balance is simple. if some aspects are bad, some aspects must be good. if some aspects are good, some aspects must be bad sexton's cost is bad so firepower must be good. shells are few so something must be good. scatter is bad so something must be good in sexton.

conclusion is that sexton has all bad aspects and none of good.
7 Dec 2015, 17:44 PM
Patrion 28

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
United States 17
unknown 3
United Kingdom 91
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias