Login

russian armor

German anti infantry mine is garbage?

27 Jun 2013, 14:00 PM

I can't understand why the german anti infantry mine needed to be a 4 mine minefield. Its just bad in competitive play in my opinion, what intelligent player is gonna get hit by one mine and continue through the field to hit the others? Just back up and get a mine sweeper. With the ridiculously high munis cost i just can't justify ever using it especially considering the other very strong muni spenders I can choose as ostheer. I really feel like theres a hole in the coh gameplay because of this. I miss being able to strategically place mines to out think my opponent and predict their gameplay, and I feel like that is completely missing from the game as ostheer.
27 Jun 2013, 14:27 PM

I agree. I only find myself using them if the game is already won.
27 Jun 2013, 14:40 PM

An interesting use is to stick it in a retreat path. Also, it basically forces a minesweeper if someone wants to go through there, which is a big deal given the cost of Sov engineers, and can straight up cancel an entire flank, whereas two to three Soviet mines need to get quite lucky to do that.

I still think it's too expensive but I'm not sure the idea's fundamentally bad.
27 Jun 2013, 15:02 PM

I'd rather lay individual mines that are more powerful for less munitions and in the exact spot I want to lay them as opposed to a field that scattered about.
27 Jun 2013, 15:05 PM

Mortars and vehicles can clear a minefield easy btw.
27 Jun 2013, 15:37 PM

I just dont understand the reasoning behind the german anti personnel mines.. wtf.. who thought of that?? Why!??! For the love of god just let us plant individual minefields. Laying mines also takes a lot more time since e ngineeres have to run to and fro to plant them..
27 Jun 2013, 16:23 PM

I really do not like those mine fields. In theory they are a very interesting way of denying an area to the enemy but overall, they simply aren't effective enough:
-often you don't even have the space to place them efficiently, sometimes a single tree or rock massively decreases their viability
-Achtung! Minen! Who ever thought this was a good idea? Really, putting these signs up looks like a joke.
-Vehicles can just drive through them and nothing happens. Suggestion: They should have a little higher penetration and maybe even be able to hurt passengers. This way they'd at least damage light vehicles and weaken their passengers.

Or simply just allow us to plant a smaller mine field for 20,25 or 30 munitions!
27 Jun 2013, 17:44 PM

-often you don't even have the space to place them efficiently, sometimes a single tree or rock massively decreases their viability

if you build 2 and the others are canceled due to trees etc, you only get charged 40 munis. If you build one and order your pios to move away, you are charged 20 and the other mines are canceled.
27 Jun 2013, 17:44 PM

27 Jun 2013, 17:48 PM

I only use the teller mines and that's if I have munitions to blow since the coh2 german faction eats munitions for breakfast, and they have a 3 breakfast an hour sort of day everyday.
27 Jun 2013, 18:08 PM

if you build 2 and the others are canceled due to trees etc, you only get charged 40 munis. If you build one and order your pios to move away, you are charged 20 and the other mines are canceled.

Really? Awesome to know. I'll so abuse this to plant small mine fields everywhere!
27 Jun 2013, 18:35 PM

German infantry mine isn't a shit, it's just costing too much and covers a very big area which usually isn't used by anything, so planting these mines is just a waste of ammo and time
27 Jun 2013, 19:18 PM

I appreciated the early attempt to contrast the use of barbed wire fields vs minefields between both factions, but in practice it didnt work so well.

Perhaps, germans could have "weaker" AP mines, but you can "drag" them to whatever quadrilateral size you want (rectangled or squared), adjusting the cost depending on size.

Now that, would be useful.
27 Jun 2013, 20:40 PM

The fact is that it would be fine if the 80 Munitions amounted to serious damage to squads. But it doesnt. In CoH1 80 munitions bought me 3 VERY effective and damaging mines.
27 Jun 2013, 20:43 PM

I appreciated the early attempt to contrast the use of barbed wire fields vs minefields between both factions, but in practice it didnt work so well.

Perhaps, germans could have "weaker" AP mines, but you can "drag" them to whatever quadrilateral size you want (rectangled or squared), adjusting the cost depending on size.

Now that, would be useful.

+1
27 Jun 2013, 21:22 PM

^

That'd be really good.
28 Jun 2013, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 20:40 PMTheDGN
The fact is that it would be fine if the 80 Munitions amounted to serious damage to squads. But it doesnt. In CoH1 80 munitions bought me 3 VERY effective and damaging mines.

Hell, in vCoh, I'd wait a little for tommies and it'd bring back its cost in Rangers fairly quick lol. Or shreks to downright murder shermans and M8's. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★