Login

russian armor

OKW OP?

4 Dec 2015, 01:33 AM

The Goliath needs to not explode when shot to death

It has very little health and retreat outruns it if it gets too close.

4 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM

I cannot wait to get home and abuse the hell out of the OKW!!!
4 Dec 2015, 01:46 AM

It has very little health and retreat outruns it if it gets too close.

This is true, but the ability to reposition a demo charge whenever you want to is quite powerful. On top of that the goliath is not that much slower than retreating infantry. The volks inc grenade also cause units that get hit to dance around, and in my case that made it impossible to move the infantry before they got it. Placing it around corners so you have to get close to do anything is ugly as well. It needs a speed decrease to allow players a chance to hit it before it closes. Cloaking while moving is also bad because it causes units to lose contact and re-aim constantly at other targets.
4 Dec 2015, 01:48 AM

The playerbase is used to OKW being trash and unable to build any vehicles or use their expensive abilities. Now that it is finally playaable you guys are just shocked.

So I am seeing multiple biased players and fanboys having a strong feeling of jealousy toawrds OKW, asking questions such as:

1. Why do thaey hazh 5 levels of wet but we don't? How is it justified?
2. Why do they have equal resources now?
3. Why is it going to be slighly harder to overrun them and end the game in the first 3 minutes?
4. Why is light vehicle play as OKW becoming viable?

I am going to show some decency and answer their jealous questions:

1. Because their stock units are garbage and beaten by their much cheaper counterparts, the vet5 is a reward for tolerating this BS and microing your units. For example non-vet obers are getting beaten by much cheaper units unless it is vet 3. Also 5 levels of Vet is one of the major attraction features of OKW and it won't go anywhere. You might get rid of your bias and play as the faction, enjoy life it is too short to limit yourself.
2. They didn't have enough to utilize their abilities and units. The resource handicap was there because their units were supposed to beat and rekt most of their counterparts, which is clearly not the case.
3. That was not fun anyway, even for you biased player. Appreciate and welcome some challenge and use your brain cells.
4. Awesome, finally you can build a luchs and don't worry about that cromwell which arrived much earlier. Though T70/Stuart are going to give it a pretty hard time.
4 Dec 2015, 02:10 AM

This is true, but the ability to reposition a demo charge whenever you want to is quite powerful.

Certainly, but you could just as easily spin it as "A goliath that can turn invisible but can't move is quite powerful". Pros and cons and all that.

4 Dec 2015, 02:12 AM

Certainly, but you could just as easily spin it as "A goliath that can turn invisible but can't move is quite powerful". Pros and cons and all that.

Uh, it can move and be invisible. Doesn't hurt it makes yellow cover so the next one can creep closer. How is this unit not a straight upgrade to the demo charge? And my understanding was we wanted less like this unit, because demo charges suck for game play.
4 Dec 2015, 02:29 AM

It costs 40 ammo extra, so it should be more powerful?
4 Dec 2015, 02:31 AM

I found the Goliath best to use against retreating blobs.
4 Dec 2015, 02:32 AM

I think it's a bit tooo early to jump into this kind of conclusions. After three games played with, two victories and one defeat, I have to say that I really like this design.I still think it can be improved but it is way better than what we had before.

I am not talking about opness or whatever you wanna call. I am just talking about having fun when playing with OKW. In one of those games I lost two panthersbut I still could come back and keep facing an endless number of Cromwells and Comets; with the previous design, it would be impossible to keep playing trying to have a chance.

I think Relic is doing a good job tweaking the game more and more. Although it's not perfectly balanced yet, I am more than happy.
4 Dec 2015, 02:40 AM

I have played 5 games now and i think they have did a really good job with okw, but they are over preforming a littel bit..
4 Dec 2015, 02:49 AM

lol gone from rank 1800 to 200 as OKW this evening, its just so ez... i float 1000+ manpower most games.
4 Dec 2015, 02:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

0-6 as usf/double usf so far including preview :foreveralone:

every game ended the same way, infantry getting shit on or not trading well at all with new volks/obers,then, critical mass of OKW armor steamrolls everything, this same armor thats already superior to usf armor right out the gate.(JP4,P4 Skirt,panther >all usf armor including pershing which is now garbage since okw can damn near have 52 panthers to one pershing,and the pershing is limited to one :snfPeter:

These same critical mass units end up vetting through the ceiling. So im at a loss at how to beat it as usf.
4 Dec 2015, 03:03 AM

First day of patch, think some people need to get used to the differences. tho i do think that shrecks need to cost more, and/or be moved to the strum pios. will prevent shreck blobbing.
4 Dec 2015, 03:08 AM

The playerbase is used to OKW being trash and unable to build any vehicles or use their expensive abilities. Now that it is finally playaable you guys are just shocked.

Get use to ? to what ? ultra super fast luchs ? or blob with shreks that now can throw nades on u and that don't delay shreks ? or to panther after panther and so on...
Before when u took command panther u was only able to build normal panther only in long games now u don't have any problem with this...

so yeah i will use to this away from game i think.
4 Dec 2015, 03:12 AM

MMmmmmmm getting a nice negative streak as well in 2 v 2 fighting dbl OKW which just bully me around.
4 Dec 2015, 03:13 AM

Rak43 should cost 320MP now. Shreck should be removed as well, or swapped with PzB.
4 Dec 2015, 03:15 AM

OKW is fine please dont nerf them im having so much fun shitting on every player I meet and im going to be in double digits rank soon
4 Dec 2015, 03:51 AM

Try spamming 5 kubels in the first 3 mins, it's so much fun. Insta squad wipes!
4 Dec 2015, 03:56 AM
Patrion 14

Try spamming 5 kubels in the first 3 mins, it's so much fun. Insta squad wipes!

I'm willing to believe a lot in this thread but kubel spam?
4 Dec 2015, 03:57 AM

Hypothetically would Kubel spam into Luchs work or am I missing something
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight