Login

russian armor

Switch Schrecks with Panzerbusche on Volks. Thoughts?

Should Volks get Panzerbusche instead of Shrecks?
Option Distribution Votes
51%
49%
Total votes: 59
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

Title says it all. What are your thoughts if Relic switched up Volks and gave them Panzerbusche and gave Shrecks to Obers? Do you thing it will lower the issues of Shreck blobing but still be effective against light vehicles? Thoughts and Opinions?
3 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM

Hell yeah, I'm sold on the sound effect alone. It will also improve their AI slightly. And building shermans and Ttehteeheefoes will be viable again.
3 Dec 2015, 18:33 PM

Or granatbusche. Grenade Launcher/PIAT type AI/AT.
3 Dec 2015, 18:37 PM

I'm against giving volks outdated weapons that were not used at that point in the war. To help immersion it would make more sense to give them Stgs & panzerfaust instead.

Schrecks on Obers would come too late and be too expensive. I'd rather see a new AT hunter squad placed in T2 or T3, that starts with AT rifles and can be upgraded into schrecks.

But relic seems to be done with OKW for the moment, so we won't see any of this ever.

edit it's PanzerbüchSe btw. not PanzerbüSche
3 Dec 2015, 18:44 PM

Giving late-1944 Volks a 1939 weapon that can't do any shit.

lol?
3 Dec 2015, 18:48 PM

Giving late-1944 Volks a 1939 weapon that can't do any shit.

lol?

Still see Guards and Conscripts walking around with pretty much the same thing eh? I do agree with AchArcher that an anti tank squad with them can work like the AT Inf Sec.
3 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM

Nah thanks, I prefer the Schreck. Regarding Obers, there are other threads.
3 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM

Do volks really need the Panzerbusche though?
There have been arguments about removing the schreck or restricting access to it now that OKW no longer have the resource penalty.
However it seems that people want the Panzerbusche just for the sake of having anything at all.
Having the Panzerbusche also means they have drastically reduced performance against mediums and heavies while still having no snare to prevent cheeses by crushing or similar.

However I propose that they should just be given Panzerfausts as snares, but the late-war versions such as the Panzerfaust 100 or Panzerfaust 150, which would do more damage than the Ostheer Panzerfausts.
This would still allow them to ward off vehicles but they would no longer be mindless A-move troops vs vehicles as they'd have to pay munitions for each shot (which shouldn't be much of a problem with the full resource income)

I think it'd just be a cop-out to give schrecks to sturms and Obers are expensive and strictly anti-infantry
Having such a potent AT weapon on mainline infantry is just cancer though. Volks are also burdened with the schreck IMO as it limits how good they can be. Taking the schreck from volks would allow more freedom with how they are balanced as Relic doesn't have to worry about making them an anti-everything squad with good counters for both infantry and armor.

Overall I think the patch should be in the works a bit longer as there seems to have been some questionable choices made (such as Kubel costing no fuel) but it will be interesting to see how the meta evolves.
3 Dec 2015, 18:56 PM
Donator 22

- Make schrecks doctrinal (2CP)
- Switch them with the MG34
- Make the MG34 non doctrinal
- Give volks Pfaust ability
3 Dec 2015, 19:00 PM

- Make schrecks doctrinal (2CP)
- Switch them with the MG34
- Make the MG34 non doctrinal
- Give volks Pfaust ability

And we have now ostheer 2.0 with forward trucks and better light and indoctrinal heavy vehicles :/
3 Dec 2015, 19:03 PM

Still see Guards and Conscripts walking around with pretty much the same thing eh? I do agree with AchArcher that an anti tank squad with them can work like the AT Inf Sec.

Because Soviet can't invent the RPG, and didn't they copy the American zooka.
Instead of screcks but giving Volks faust is much more historical accurate.
3 Dec 2015, 19:05 PM

3 Dec 2015, 19:09 PM
Donator 22

And we have now ostheer 2.0 with forward trucks and better light and indoctrinal heavy vehicles :/

oh...nevermind :D
never thought about this factor :sealed:
3 Dec 2015, 19:12 PM
Donator 11

I would rather give it defensive stats (better at close, bad at long range).

They would need to do a new model, sound, ect.
3 Dec 2015, 19:13 PM

Because Soviet can't invent the RPG, and didn't they copy the American zooka.
Instead of screcks but giving Volks faust is much more historical accurate.

I guess really the only they thing the could do is have Lend Lease zooks but that would probably not happen.
3 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM

....means they have drastically reduced performance against mediums and heavies while still having no snare to prevent cheeses by crushing or similar.
THAT'S THE POINT. Using medium vehicles is a core and fun element of the game, not fucking cheese.
3 Dec 2015, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
How do people still have problems with shrecks? They just made them even harder to hit infantry (rightfully so), but also buffed bazookas again, on top of not even bothering to give bazookas the target table nerf towards infantry.
3 Dec 2015, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

what will be the stats of panzerbusche?
3 Dec 2015, 19:43 PM

what will be the stats of panzerbusche?

I was hopping someone would pipe in on something that would be ballpark around the PTRS and the Boys AT rifle. (Boys getting some changes in the newest patch if I'm not mistaken)
3 Dec 2015, 19:50 PM

THAT'S THE POINT. Using medium vehicles is a core and fun element of the game, not fucking cheese.

I think you missed the point.
PzBs will just make it easier for an M10 or a T-34 to come and run over your guys then drive away with some chipped paint from shitty AT rifles. The schreck has a good enough damage output to dissuade vehicles trying to run over all your squads as if it was Carmageddon.
A panzerfaust would also stop this as an M10 with engine damage won't be running anything over.

And yes, I'd say tanks wiping a whole squad just by driving into them rather than using its damn cannon is cheese tactics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★