Login

russian armor

Sturmpio repair speed

3 Dec 2015, 09:23 AM

Now that I know the sturmpio repair speed was nerfed to standard pio and combat engineer speed and that it's intended for the package upgrade to not give a boost (it still does but may be going away soon) I think at the very least the Sturmpio should keep it's additional speed with the upgrade. The Mech HQ aside, its much easier for other factions to make repair squads than OKW. As ost I dont feel any qualms for making an additional 2-3 pio squads to speed up my repair time. As okw I rarely go past 2 sturm squads at a time.

thoughts?

and for those wondering about my info: http://www.coh2.org/topic/45338/sturmpioneer-repair-speed
3 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM
Donator 22

you got free repair through the mech HQ and furthermore they decreased the MP cost for sturmpios. No Need to increase the sturmpios repair speed. Simply get a second one and you got 2 sturmpios+mechHQ. But thats my opinion ;)
3 Dec 2015, 13:40 PM

I see what you're saying but that means If i go BG to Schewer that repair plan falls apart. 20 mp isn't much of a difference. You can keep baseline repair same that's fine. I'm saying let the upgrade increase the speed by (insert some number in here that isn't insane).

TL:dr sturm pio vanilla speed was too fast, but OST Pio repair speed for sturms is too slow.
3 Dec 2015, 13:46 PM

18 popcap for 2 repair unit is bit insane.
3 Dec 2015, 14:03 PM

I forgot about the pop cap good point.
3 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

Maybe you can see it as a downside of the faction now after all these buffs. You can field more and slighty better armour, but it's harder to maintain. Simply need to rely more on the mechanized regiment in late game.

In addition, if sturmpios get their repair boost with a minesweeper upgrade, all other factions should too.

But I agree that Sturmpios take too much popcap with 9.
3 Dec 2015, 14:18 PM

Maybe you can see it as a downside of the faction now after all these buffs. You can field more and slighty better armour, but it's harder to maintain. Simply need to rely more on the mechanized regiment in late game.

In addition, if sturmpios get their repair boost with a minesweeper upgrade, all other factions should too.

But I agree that Sturmpios take too much popcap with 9.

This nerf was in effect before the december patch though. All other factions also have cheaper access to repair squads. Those squads also have cheaper upkeep, and reinforce cost.

Those differences alone is why I'm not for all factions getting their repair speed with a minesweeper upgrade.

edit: no one is saying bring back repair speed where a 20% hp tank was back at 100% 15 seconds later.
3 Dec 2015, 14:29 PM

As long as heavy sappers have their op repair speed, spios should be the same.
3 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM

Well, these two repair just as fast as 3 regular ones, so I don't really see a problem here.

Plus mechanized HQ free repair pios.
3 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM

Well, these two repair just as fast as 3 regular ones, so I don't really see a problem here.

Plus mechanized HQ free repair pios.

No, they dont:

Sappers: 2
Pios: 1.6
Combat Engineers: 1.6
Rear Echelon: 2
Sturm Pioneers: 1.6
Vehicle Crews: 1.6

with Support Package:

Sturm Pioneers: 3.6 (Support Package)

Which no longer takes effect.

Source: http://www.coh2.org/topic/45210/repair-speed/post/444707
3 Dec 2015, 14:49 PM

No, they dont:

Sappers: 2
Pios: 1.6
Combat Engineers: 1.6
Rear Echelon: 2
Sturm Pioneers: 1.6
Vehicle Crews: 1.6

with Support Package:

Sturm Pioneers: 3.6 (Support Package)

Which no longer takes effect.

Source: http://www.coh2.org/topic/45210/repair-speed/post/444707

I'm considering sweeper upgrade and vet2 as well, which isn't hard to achieve at all with them.
Upgrading sweepers on all other engies means you won't even see vet2 as you'll have 0 combat potential to get it.
3 Dec 2015, 15:10 PM

I'm considering sweeper upgrade and vet2 as well, which isn't hard to achieve at all with them.
Upgrading sweepers on all other engies means you won't even see vet2 as you'll have 0 combat potential to get it.

Problem is sweeper upgrade no longer grants repair speed (for unknown reasons it got ninja'ed)

Also:

With Veterancy 2

Sappers: 3
Pios: 2.6
Combat Engineers: 2.6
Rear Echelon: 3
Sturm Pioneers: 2.6
Vehicle Crews: 2.5

Anvil sappers gets superior 5 repair speed, while they take 6 popcap.
Pios and CE vet quickly with flamers
Vehicle crew get vet2 no time

Sturms hit vet2 quickly only with flamers, without it - it take ages.

Come on Katitof you are smarter than that - Please dont tell me You dont see it.
3 Dec 2015, 15:17 PM

make sturmpioneers 5 popcap and make the repair speed 3 instead of 2.6....
no one listened to me when i said sturm took 9 popcap it was rediculous even with faster repair speed..(should have been 7 then)

also panzer grenadiers also cost 9 popcap which is also ridiculous
and stuka zu fuss costs 10 pop while katy cost 12 pop lol
and ostwind centaur cost 10 pop while hetzer flamer cost 12 lol
3 Dec 2015, 15:19 PM

The sweeper doesn't seem to increase the rate any longer.
Sturmpioneers in addition get only a 1.33 modifier on vet 2 while engis & pios get 1.625. So they became the slowest repairing squad in game while costing 9 popcap.
3 Dec 2015, 15:24 PM

The sweeper doesn't seem to increase the rate any longer.
Sturmpioneers in addition get only a 1.33 modifier on vet 2 while engis & pios get 1.625. So they became the slowest repairing squad in game while costing 9 popcap.

I'm considering it a bug until relic says its intended.
I don't want to talk about balance with bugs being part of it as it gives unclear perspective.

Anyway, we'll see how it'll turn out, up until now OKW had no problems what so ever with repairing armor quickly, might have been because of previous working bonus, might have been because of lesser armor presence.
3 Dec 2015, 15:40 PM

I'm considering it a bug until relic says its intended.
I don't want to talk about balance with bugs being part of it as it gives unclear perspective.

Anyway, we'll see how it'll turn out, up until now OKW had no problems what so ever with repairing armor quickly, might have been because of previous working bonus, might have been because of lesser armor presence.

I m pretty sure it is intended..
there ya go
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45338/sturmpioneer-repair-speed
3 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM

I m pretty sure it is intended..
there ya go
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45338/sturmpioneer-repair-speed

I know the post, but its not really 100% clear if its intended or not.
3 Dec 2015, 16:30 PM

Exacly we aren't 100% clear if its intended or not.

Then again if we consider decreasing their popcap - and not giving back repair speed - we have to take into account that sturmpioneers are able to put away mine detector and upgrade with flamers at the same time. That was their design, expensive, high popcap combat support unit. To make it simple i would just revert ninja change.
3 Dec 2015, 16:39 PM

I see what you're saying but that means If i go BG to Schewer that repair plan falls apart.

This just says you need to tech to Mech HQ. The other important factor is automatic repairing; just reverse your (or other friendly) vehicles there and other no micro is required. If you want to fast tech to Panther, then you pay the costs if you lose pios or don't have that many.

I do agree with you that perhaps the Sturm repair speed could be increased a bit perhaps even just with the package upgrade; Ost pio speeds are atrocious.

EDIT: according to the coh2.org vet guide Ost pios have 62.5% repair rate increase at vet 2. Sturms have 33% at vet 2, but if their repair will be nerfed, then their vet bonuses should be adjusted accordingly.
3 Dec 2015, 17:17 PM

Ignoring this problem for the moment, Sturmpio's are the only repair unit capable of achieving vet after the upgrade to minesweepers without paying more costs. Brits and Americans have to pay to upgrade the squad to get enough DPS again, Ost and Soviet have to wait for lucky weapon drops or not at all.

I would like to see other engineers (Soviet and Ost) have the ability to achieve vet once sweepers are upgraded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★