Login

russian armor

The HMG-34 veterancy nerfs...

2 Dec 2015, 07:07 AM

MG34 Heavy Machine Gun Team

Veterancy Rank 4 Squad Received Accuracy buff increased from 0.71 to 0.8
Veterancy Rank 5 Weapon Accuracy buff decreased from 1.2 to 1.15
Veterancy Rank 5 Squad Sight Radius buff decreased from 11 to 6

These nerfs are almost pointless since it is virtually impossible get a HMG34 to vet 3 or above.

I will be using HMG42 another unit that is difficult to get to vet 3 for comparison reason (and I am not suggesting that they should perform the same).

The HMG42 does around 5 times more damage far and around 2.5 times more damage close, it costs around 33% more.

Its XP value is 480 (120% more) while the HMG34 has a XP value of 400.

All this add up to the fact that the HMG34 vet extremely slow, given units suppressed take little of the little damage it does any while it XP value is disproportional to its cost.

Imo the XP value of the unit should be lowered and according to the price of the unit and the DPS, then the changes in the veterancy will make some sense.
2 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM

As you said, i also have never seen a HMG34 going vet3+.
Still, thoses nerfs are probalby necessary.
As you can read on multiple thread here and there people assumed that the vet4-5 was a compensation for diminished ressources (which i do not agree but lets pass on that).
Currently people gets angry and bitter when they see OKW getting the same treatment as other factions but keeping most of theyr previous advatages (which seems normal) so, something HAS to be done to tune down OKW's specificity (the vet4-5 nerf everywhere).

I do agree on what you said before but the thing to take in account is the role of the said HMG(34). Most of the time you use your HMG as an infantry stopper for the suppression provided and rarely to kill models (which you use your other units for, as a good combined arms commander).
If you watch closely at your battles, you will notice that the vet-state of your HMG is pointless in 90% of the cases as the job is done (or failed) whatever Accu recievec or WA buffs you get.

You where right, the nerfs are pointless not because Vet4-5 are hard to reach but because the buffs provided are not interesting (as a range buff would have been).

kozo.
2 Dec 2015, 16:03 PM

This nerf I feel is actually good, firstly it's the cheapest MG in the game and it's a call in. Nuff said.
2 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM

Its not a bad nerf, in principle. But mg34 is almost impossible to vet to that level cause of its crap dps and high exp reqs. Need to change one or another.
2 Dec 2015, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:03 PMCafo
This nerf I feel is actually good, firstly it's the cheapest MG in the game and it's a call in. Nuff said.

What does cost have to do with veterancy bonuses that will never be reached and my suggestion of lowering XP value?

Seriously have you actually ready the post?
2 Dec 2015, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:14 PMMyself

What does cost have to do with veterancy bonuses that will never be reached and my suggestion of lowering XP value?

Seriously have you actually ready the post?

You think the cost of the unit isn't factored into these things? Do you think?

?
2 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM

The MG34 suffers from two problems: It comes at 1 CP to limit spam (so it starts as the worst mg and fights already vet infantry), it is rare (it comes in basically one doc).

It would be fine with slightly reduced vet requirements if it could be included in the standard tech tree. Otherwise I see no reason to buff one of the most spammable MGs in the game when it can be backed up by the longest range mortar (ISG) easily.
2 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 07:07 AMMyself

These nerfs are almost pointless since it is virtually impossible get a HMG34 to vet 3 or above.

So why do you care in the first place?

And /thread
2 Dec 2015, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:19 PMCafo

You think the cost of the unit isn't factored into these things? Do you think?

I could continue if it is "virtually impossible" to get that vet why do you care if those vets are nerfed?

Yes it is and the units has to much XP value taking into account its cost...read original post.

And being doctrinal again is irrelevant to vet bonuses...
2 Dec 2015, 16:25 PM

Why does it bothers you then? :D
2 Dec 2015, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:23 PMMyself

Yes it is and the units has to much XP value taking into account its cost...read original post.

And being doctrinal again is irrelevant to vet bonuses...

I didn't mention that because its doctrinal I mentioned it because its cheap and you don't have to wait for its production.
2 Dec 2015, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:25 PMCafo

I didn't mention that because its doctrinal I mentioned it because its cheap and you don't have to wait for its production.

Maxim, HMG42 and Vickers all hit the field earlier than HMG34 and production time is irrelevant to veterancy bonuses. If you have something relevant to post pls do so else...

So why do you care in the first place?

Because it is change in the wrong direction. Something broken is changed into something more broken.

I guess for the same reason I would post a thread if Pennal battalion got DPS nerf....

And I do not have any issue with the nerfs themselves...read original post and suggestions.
2 Dec 2015, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:31 PMMyself

Maxim, HMG42 and Vickers all hit the field earlier than HMG34 and production time is irrelevant to veterancy bonuses. If you have something relevant to post pls do so else...

quote]

How is that not relevant, it costs 210mp for an mg why would it vet quickly that would be retarded.
2 Dec 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:33 PMCafo

How is that not relevant, it costs 210mp for an mg why would it vet quickly that would be retarded.

For the last time cost and Xp value are not the same. And even if the HMG34 was inline with other HMG34 in XP value (and it is not) its extremely low DPS would prevent from getting any kills and vetting.

Pls stop posting if you have nothing to add.
2 Dec 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 16:36 PMMyself

For the last time cost and Xp value are not the same. And even if the HMG34 was inline with other HMG34 in XP value (and it is not) its extremely low DPS would prevent from getting any kills and vetting.

Pls stop posting if you have nothing to add.

Never said they were the same, if you think cost isn't relevant you're retarded it's that simple. If it vets faster it's a very quality unit for very low cost, its intentional you're not on to something.
2 Dec 2015, 16:42 PM

Cafo pls stop trolling... and insulting others
2 Dec 2015, 16:48 PM

Myself, you failed to respond to any of the points I laid out. Cafo is right, and you are effectively preventing discussion by saying no to anyone who disagrees with you.

MG34's can boost their damage (double it in fact) for 15? munitions as soon as they hit vet 1. Use this. Buffing the 34 right now is very risky because it could just become a giant wall of MG spam in every game.
2 Dec 2015, 17:16 PM

As you said. So why are you creating thread if you know its pointless ?
OKW mg is cheap and good supresion platform , it serves its purpose , it does it job good.
Please dont setlle flame where it should not be and wait until smoke clear out.

Like really guys OKW got like 10 buffs and 1 nerf in terms of vet 4,5 whitch you dont see in 70% of competitive matchs either. Please wait few days , play patch , try to counter strong think , think about unit if it really needs a buff.

And then create thread.

Short answer: Mg34 is good cheap supression platform. Leave as is. Full stop.
2 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM

The MG34 suffers from two problems: It comes at 1 CP to limit spam (so it starts as the worst mg and fights already vet infantry), it is rare (it comes in basically one doc).

It comes to 2 doctrines luft and defense...

It would be fine with slightly reduced vet requirements if it could be included in the standard tech tree. Otherwise I see no reason to buff one of the most spammable MGs in the game when it can be backed up by the longest range mortar (ISG) easily.

Being doctrinal or stock makes not difference in its XP value. I don't really see how making a stock units would justify a reduction in XP value.

Myself, you failed to respond to any of the points I laid out. Cafo is right, and you are effectively preventing discussion by saying no to anyone who disagrees with you.

MG34's can boost their damage (double it in fact) for 15? munitions as soon as they hit vet 1. Use this. Buffing the 34 right now is very risky because it could just become a giant wall of MG spam in every game.

Yes it can boost its damage but even then its damage is lower than HMG42 it far DPS would still be around 2 times less...

Like really guys OKW got like 10 buffs and 1 nerf in terms of vet 4,5 whitch you dont see in 70% of competitive matchs either. Please wait few days , play patch , try to counter strong think , think about unit if it really needs a buff.

Individual units buff or nerfs should not be confused with faction performance. OKW might over-perform after the patch but that is completely irrelevant with HMG34 performance.
2 Dec 2015, 17:44 PM
Donator 33

Make it fire only incendiary rounds at VET 5 to make "everyone" happy, There...problem fixed :thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★