Login

russian armor

Comet can't pen

29 Nov 2015, 23:15 PM

To me the comet is very lack luster. Yes it has speed that is great but so does the panther, yes it has more AI than panther but it isn't really that great for that and it is not really needed as an AI tank. It needs more pen it can't stand toe to toe with panthers but is more expensive. I don't think asking the comet to be able to pen a panther in the front is too much considering it comes out later and is more expensive. It also takes it forever to turn and doesnt have great acceleration and misses ALL the time especially while on the move.
29 Nov 2015, 23:36 PM
Donator 11

Also its attack ground doesn't work for that matter. There is a bug with the gun where when the round is fired the round will look like it pens (the animation plays) but the damage is not given and there is no ricochet damage either.
I feel like these things need to make or at least come close to the panther, they shouldn't outright beat the panther as that its the panther is more of an AT tank but they should be similar.
29 Nov 2015, 23:46 PM

There are several pet peeves with the Comet that make it slightly annoying to use...

Smoke/phosphorous oftentimes doesnt fire and ability cancels itself (but the ability has much more range than the main gun, and phosphorous kills infantry, so...)
And its grenade muni ability with super small AoE also doesnt work as a result as well.

Target ground vs vehicles will never hit the vehicle.

And the bugged animation from Alpha where the Comet "pens" but doesnt do damage... (Mentioned by Mittens)

The panther should keep better AT and win vs Comet most times, but the Comet has much better AI and abilities instead.
29 Nov 2015, 23:48 PM

I can see where you're coming from but I'm not entirely sure it's necessary. The comet performs well enough against panthers. For me at least. What you say is generally true, but if I need hard AT I go Firefly and hard AI go Centaur. The Comet is basically an upgunned Cromwell and that's how I treat it. Great flanker, great general support. Remember the grenades for team weapons and the occasional blob.

It definitely needs it's bugs sorted out so the smoke fires quicker and reliably so you can disengage a panther more safely and kite it to other at support or escape. And as Mittens said it needs a projectile so you can actually use ground attack through los blockers and said smoke. I think once the bugs are gone we'll see a big increase in performance with good micro.
29 Nov 2015, 23:57 PM

There are several pet peeves with the Comet that make it slightly annoying to use...

Smoke/phosphorous oftentimes doesnt fire and ability cancels itself (but the ability has much more range than the main gun, and phosphorous kills infantry, so...)
And its grenade muni ability with super small AoE also doesnt work as a result as well.

Target ground vs vehicles will never hit the vehicle.

And the bugged animation from Alpha where the Comet "pens" but doesnt do damage... (Mentioned by Mittens)

The panther should keep better AT and win vs Comet most times, but the Comet has much better AI and abilities instead.

I have noticed that too I think that might be a majority of the problem because it definately sounds like a pen shot but just does 0 dmg that needs fixed bad and the other things mentioned that are buggy with it, i agree it shouldn't outright beat the panther but it should be formidable much more than it is now.
30 Nov 2015, 01:47 AM

more problems on relic bug fixes eh?
30 Nov 2015, 03:56 AM

17 pounder and other British "HV" weapons like the Comet's main gun do not have a projectile, and so they do not hit on attack ground 99.99% of the time. This also causes the stupid "animation looks like it hit but it actually didn't" stuff.

Grenade toss gets cancelled all the time.

Smoke/white phos shell command gets cancelled all the time.

Really frustrating unit to use, even though it's still worth building.
30 Nov 2015, 09:02 AM

It's fine, the major problem is comet having tracer instead of shells (and also pathing, abilities being canceled and such issues). But the question is why Relic?... WHYYYYY????
30 Nov 2015, 10:13 AM

Smoke/phosphorous oftentimes doesnt fire and ability cancels itself (.

to use the ability, dont shot the abilty through shot blocker or something that block the Sight of the tank..it cancle it..

For example is Hans game, Hans trying to Smoke while moving but the Tank dint fire the shot cause hans press the Abilty to shot at the enemy while moving, while on the move the tank suddenly go behind the shot blocker hence Cancel the abilty to shot. but sometime what make me Fed up is Munition is consume after the Fail ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★