Login

russian armor

How does OKW deal with mass demo charges?

27 Nov 2015, 22:02 PM

I am not the best player. I create this because I would like feedback on what other players had done to counter or handle this kind of game.
I was playing on Kholodny Ferma Winter versus a soviet player and he used a partisan commander and I picked Breakthrough doctrine. He used a combination of partisans, engineers and conscripts to take the map. I built 2 volksgrenadiers and another sturmpioneer. Then went for battlegroup hq. Once i could get panzerfusilers I recruited multiples of them. I upgraded both sturms with mine detectors. Mid game i made sure I had a couple of raketenwerfers. Once he could he continued building t34s.
I did surrender this game after losing two panzerfusilers to a demo charge behind trees.
I did lose a sturmpioneer to a demo charge behind a sight blocking trees. At this point, It felt hopeless with only 1 detector.

I am only a person and I wanted to ask the community what strategy they use to combat this. A solution may be obvious to a veteran player but not to me.
27 Nov 2015, 22:21 PM

There´s a message on the left hand side of the screen if your pio detects mines.
27 Nov 2015, 23:13 PM

There´s a message on the left hand side of the screen if your pio detects mines.
True, but being able to know its there does not give you a solution to it. It is also just one of many messages that flash briefly before fading, since everything going on gets one of these messages you can easily miss "mine detected". Do flame nades from volks explode demos?
27 Nov 2015, 23:25 PM

True, but being able to know its there does not give you a solution to it. It is also just one of many messages that flash briefly before fading, since everything going on gets one of these messages you can easily miss "mine detected". Do flame nades from volks explode demos?

Small arms fire can detonate it, don't know if the flame nade can, since it usually doesn't detonte mines either.
28 Nov 2015, 01:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

1) Spread out

2) Focus on holding territory, or at least keeping it in view so demos can't be relayed when your back is turned

3) Sweepers

4) Use your MP float to take point and decap with expendable, unvetted volks rather than anything expensive with VET that you have invested munition in

5) See also:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/16481/tip-of-the-week-7-capturing-sectors

For the dirty tricks people will use with demos and mines from 2:20 onwards and how to counter them
28 Nov 2015, 11:03 AM

Also if you see he goes partisans, place as many mines as you can in doors of buildings he is likely to spawn in, instand squad wipes and discourages him from doing it :)
29 Nov 2015, 03:32 AM

Demo charges have no vis on them so just wait until there's nothing nearby to clear them out with mine sweepers.
1 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM

I was without the knowledge that you could target demo charges with small arms when you have minesweepers. Now the game is not so frustrating. Thanks everybody for your posts, I really appreciate your help.
15 Dec 2015, 04:32 AM

once detected don't try to clear with mine sweepers they can denote it still i believe. so best is to back off and shoot at it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment