Login

russian armor

UKF Sniper Critical Shot

22 Nov 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 20:45 PMKatitof

Well, maybe its just me doing something wrong, but I never have a sniper alone on the field, unless its retreating from or to base.

In regards to brit sniper being able to defend itself, you can crit shot axis lights only if they are not aware of you, I don't need to tell you how long aim time for the ability is, if you know snipers position, you can be in range and on top of it faster then its able to crit shot you, which isn't that much of a challenge with kubels and 222 vet1 ability. It still applies exclusively to UKF sniper being along on the field, which I don't believe should happen, but maybe as I've said I don't know something you do.

That has nothing to do with the fact that the sniper can operate independently vs its own hard counter. Throwing a tommy or vickers next to it makes it even worse.

And thats the beauty of CAMO on SNIPERS. They can aim in camo, it isnt hard, so you will always get the jump on the 222. And soft retreating gives you camo back, so you can't even chase the sniper down with the 222, since you're stuck with an engine crit.

If you watch what proper brit sniper play is, it can be many things, either the sniper operating independently, with IS support (this is normal for all factions), or what becomes truly broken, the forked snipers. Two snipers working a decent distance from each other in parallel invalidate light vehicle play. One crits, soft retreats, the other shoots, the other comes back and shoots, and now you have a dead light vehicle. Getting two snipers is not hard either as Brits, the builds at high level are pretty cookie cutter, like what Paula does that I mentioned above. I do this every single game and have not had problems, and my games are not just against scrubs.
22 Nov 2015, 21:01 PM

The 222 is suposed to coutner a sniper.

The sniper is supposed to counter a scout car.

So it should be about good positioning and play.
Sniper need to be in open and with sight while scout car need to bumbrush him and unprepared and finishin him off while he is retreating.

Now brits will have even bigger problems agains ostheer sniper + 222 combo.

And it is also double nerf , they removed good arty that can call in sniper so you dont need to sacrifice one IS heal to just use starbrust (so anvil will be even less used , it will get 3 nerfs out of 4 - churchill , RE and indirect to starbrust, only sight got untouched)
22 Nov 2015, 21:08 PM

i like it how a rank #4 1v1 brit player explains in detail why AT sniper is broken (remember sniper will still have snare, just only on vet1)

i mean come on im a fanboy too but even me got convinced several times by top players that im wrong and unit x is not OP or y is not UP
22 Nov 2015, 21:41 PM

I don't see a problem with UKF having a sniper that can soft counter vehicles. It should be nerfed but not removed.Yeah double sniper and at guns are a pain with IS support but it's also a pretty rigid army. Just double up on pios, plant S-Mines, hit IS and at guns with mortars. Ostruppen are good vs Brits too.

If you go a Panzer Tactician doctrine and you sweep properly you can get a little more risky with 222 vs sniper.

Also tactical movement, ambush camo, and encirclement sprint are all doctrinal ways of dealing with ukf sniper.
22 Nov 2015, 21:58 PM
Patrion 14

I don't see how being able to hard counter your own hard counter is proper balance.

By that logic massed infantry shouldn't counter its hardcounter, the MG. Whereas in reality all it takes is a single engineer squad in a flank position.

Tanks shouldn't counter their hardcounter, the AT gun.

Ostwind is a hardcounter against infantry so it should naturally be more resistant to Bazookas. I am thinking, reduce received bazooka damage by 80%.

Oh and what is this bullshit with Panzers being able to kill dedicated tank destroyers such as Jacksons and Fireflies and SU85s if they close in and catch them out of position? Nerf that shit yo.

Thoughts?
22 Nov 2015, 22:04 PM

The sniper able to critical from a far distance was terrible. Gave no reward to micro for the opposing player
22 Nov 2015, 22:28 PM

In my opinion an AT snare on a cloaked unit that has a range of 50 offers no chances of counterplay:

Squads with snares can be kited & mines can be swept. The critical shot can not be avoided, it comes out of the blue.

Okw has also no snares on their core units but at least a schreck and their call in snares (falls, fusiliers) are good units that can be used in viable strats. While the boys at rifle squad is rather meh, even with the upcoming changes.

You will simply have to rely more on the AEC now and we will see how it turns out.

Wait yeah it have that range etc but that critical shot have loooong preparation time i killed enemy UKF sniper simply crushing him under my jgpz4 tracks... so
22 Nov 2015, 22:30 PM

Thoughts?

Your scenarios are not relevant.

Massed infantry beating an MG is fine since the MG can't suppress every squad at once. Theres nothing wrong with them beating their "hard counter" since their "hard counter" requires specific criteria to be met, like facing and direction of approach.

Tanks, again, counter their hard counter by either using superior numbers, or taking advantage of facing, and their direction of approach.

The rest of your comparisons are just semantics for the sake of being contrarian and an edgelord. Completely useless post. Try harder please.

INB4 snipers need positioning like MGs and AT Guns. Yeah. they do. Thats what the camo compensates for. Guaranteed engine crit without putting the sniper in harms way. Two snipers make it even easier, since one will always be in position. If you aren't successful with Brits (which, judging by your stats, it seems you aren't) then don't be surprised that better players figured out how to use the sniper and abuse its broken counter relationship.

22 Nov 2015, 22:31 PM

Wait yeah it have that range etc but that critical shot have loooong preparation time i killed enemy UKF sniper simply crushing him under my jgpz4 tracks... so

Sounds like really bad play by your opponent
22 Nov 2015, 22:31 PM

maybe the enemy dc'd? no one with half a brain would his sniper EVER get crushed by a vehicle except you play somewhere in the 2000++ ranks..
22 Nov 2015, 22:36 PM

Sounds like really bad play by your opponent

maybe or maybe he wasn't paying attention on sniper in that moment.

maybe the enemy dc'd? no one with half a brain would his sniper EVER get crushed by a vehicle except you play somewhere in the 2000++ ranks..

nope under 900

22 Nov 2015, 23:05 PM
Patrion 14

edgelord
I am surprised at such a tone, and from a strategist no less, when I honestly and respectfully asked for your opinion.
22 Nov 2015, 23:30 PM

I am surprised at such a tone, and from a strategist no less, when I honestly and respectfully asked for your opinion.

Because the post you quoted wasn't dripping with that tone?

You were comparing semantics and tried to pass that off as constructive. Go look at your post again.

If you truly weren't I apologize.
22 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

I don't see a problem with UKF having a sniper that can soft counter vehicles. It should be nerfed but not removed.

Isn't that what exactly Relic did?
22 Nov 2015, 23:46 PM

If you watch what proper brit sniper play is, it can be many things, either the sniper operating independently, with IS support (this is normal for all factions), or what becomes truly broken, the forked snipers. Two snipers working a decent distance from each other in parallel invalidate light vehicle play. One crits, soft retreats, the other shoots, the other comes back and shoots, and now you have a dead light vehicle.

Oh no, 720 manpower and (atleast) 35 munitions hard counters light vehicles that cost ~200 manpower and ~20 fuel give or take.

You know what will equally hard counter such vehicles? A 260 mp MG42 and a 240mp grenadier using a panzerfaust to ensnare the vehicle. (500 mp and 35 muni, quite a bit cheaper) If you assume they're in the perfect position to work together, of course. (Which is basically what you're doing with those snipers.)

It's also not immune to proper counter play from your opponent at all. Maps aren't wide open empty fields with perfect lines of sight for both your snipers. German infantry can take advantage of the fact that your snipers aren't shooting at them. They can entrap you by using the vehicle to force you to reveal your sniper. (opening you up to a counter snipe) They can use walls, hedges, buildings and other obstacles or even smoke to prevent your second sniper from being able to assist your first one. There's a lot of ways to counter double sniper from brits.

This is a classic case of "Let people learn how to fucking deal with it before you nerf it kthxbai".

It's like you guys saw an effective strategy that involved positioning your units well and using them tactically and said "Nah, there's no counterplay and this is broken OP. Reric plz fix." without even trying to think about how you could counter it.

23 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

Oh no, 720 manpower and (atleast) 35 munitions hard counters light vehicles that cost ~200 manpower and ~20 fuel give or take.

You know what will equally hard counter such vehicles? A 260 mp MG42 and a 240mp grenadier using a panzerfaust to ensnare the vehicle. (500 mp and 35 muni, quite a bit cheaper) If you assume they're in the perfect position to work together, of course. (Which is basically what you're doing with those snipers.)

It's also not immune to proper counter play from your opponent at all. Maps aren't wide open empty fields with perfect lines of sight for both your snipers. German infantry can take advantage of the fact that your snipers aren't shooting at them. They can entrap you by using the vehicle to force you to reveal your sniper. (opening you up to a counter snipe) They can use walls, hedges, buildings and other obstacles or even smoke to prevent your second sniper from being able to assist your first one. There's a lot of ways to counter double sniper from brits.

This is a classic case of "Let people learn how to fucking deal with it before you nerf it kthxbai".

It's like you guys saw an effective strategy that involved positioning your units well and using them tactically and said "Nah, there's no counterplay and this is broken OP. Reric plz fix." without even trying to think about how you could counter it.

Let's just ignore everything and go into a direct cost comparison that is irrelevant to everything I said.

Solid post dude.

But hey, I guess me being rank 4 with Brits and using the snipers every game in no way suggests that I know how they are countered.

It's not like a single sniper doesn't stop the 222 anyways. Two just do it easier.
23 Nov 2015, 00:05 AM

Let's just ignore everything and go into a direct cost comparison that is irrelevant to everything I said.

Solid post dude.

But hey, I guess me being rank 4 with Brits and using the snipers every game in no way suggests that I know how they are countered.

It's not like a single sniper doesn't stop the 222 anyways. Two just do it easier.

its a "Let people learn how to fucking deal with it before you nerf it kthxbai" issue, so dusty you better l2p :bananadance:
23 Nov 2015, 00:11 AM

its a "Let people learn how to fucking deal with it before you nerf it kthxbai" issue, so dusty you better l2p :bananadance:

Back to automatch vs ai I go :luvCarrot:
23 Nov 2015, 00:29 AM

has the ukf sniper the same health/armor value as any other? i just landed a riflenade from grens right on the head of the ukf sniper and he lost barely 30% health. can provide replay if wanted..

yes, UKF sniper have the same HP and armor as the Wehr sniper.

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=sniper_squad_mp

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=sniper_british_squad_mp

Because you are using multiple units to protect each other?

I mean 1+1 = 2. Con defends sniper, Guard defends sniper, Gren defends sniper. How is that in ANY way similar to a sniper defending itself?

Katitof please.

Neither the tommies nor the Sapper have at nade or an accurate ATW. the 222 can easily dance around both.

Right now the british have no native at snare. Both the AEC and the Sniper require vet1 for their at snare.
23 Nov 2015, 00:32 AM

Games are not decided by the persons that throw more resources into the bowl, but by the players that use their units for their defined role with maximum efficiency.
Again, Panzerfausts can be kited and avoided. A cloaked unit that has a 50 range invisible "panzerfaust" has no counter play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight