Login

russian armor

UKF mg cant shoot from inside emplacement, why?

21 Nov 2015, 00:48 AM

It should be able to so it can help defend the emplacement from attack.
21 Nov 2015, 00:57 AM

It was deliberately removed because it was very difficult to counter.

Now can you please confine all of your questions to one thread?
21 Nov 2015, 00:58 AM
Donator 11

September 17th Patch Notes
Emplacements

Slight adjustment to emplacements to prevent HMG weapon teams from garrisoning to prevent odd behavior. Brace has been given a cooldown to allow opportunity of attack for opposing players. 75 seconds actually means 45 seconds due to the 30 second duration time.
Can no longer garrison HMG weapon teams

Brace cool down increase from 15 to 75 seconds (45 seconds in game)

stop that stupid spam
21 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 00:57 AMSwift

Sure np

21 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM

Typical relic balancing approach, honestly.

21 Nov 2015, 01:00 AM

Thank you! We can be much better friends after that.
21 Nov 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 00:58 AMtiyq

stop that stupid spamm :banned:

wooh wooh

Calm down, I'm not the all knowing google. Try not to knee jerk ban everyone for asking a question. Jesus.
21 Nov 2015, 01:03 AM

Just make a sticky for him,dreadnought the more you know :D
21 Nov 2015, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 01:00 AMSwift
Thank you! We can be much better friends after that.

Winston likes having friends :)

Never meant to be confrontational, in the end we all want a genuinely balanced game.

But on the topic, considering the emplacement nerfs and brit nerfs in general, they should allow the mg garrison now.
21 Nov 2015, 01:56 AM

Being serious the patch notes themselves indicate this wasn't a balance issue, it was a "we can't get it to work right" issue.

From what I remember the face MG command had some very odd behaviour like forcing the 17pdr to turn. The MG also seemed to get stuck facing one direction when in the mortar pit.

It would be nice if they actually tried to get it working again. Putting something other than sappers in a mortar pit to get the bonus would be nice.
21 Nov 2015, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 01:56 AMtenid
Being serious the patch notes themselves indicate this wasn't a balance issue, it was a "we can't get it to work right" issue.

From what I remember the face MG command had some very odd behaviour like forcing the 17pdr to turn. The MG also seemed to get stuck facing one direction when in the mortar pit.

It would be nice if they actually tried to get it working again. Putting something other than sappers in a mortar pit to get the bonus would be nice.

I mean the best unit to put in there is heavy engineers since they can hop out and repair it if needed.

I've started using the forward assembly to provide the garrison bonus though. Easier and is almost cheaper than a sapper squad anyway.
21 Nov 2015, 11:45 AM

I mean the best unit to put in there is heavy engineers since they can hop out and repair it if needed.

I've started using the forward assembly to provide the garrison bonus though. Easier and is almost cheaper than a sapper squad anyway.

I usually transition to a forward assembly as the game goes on, but when it's first built the only option that makes sense is the engis that built it. There's also certain maps (like minsk pocket) where being able to garrison the MG that will be covering it anyway would be nice, especially as the vickers is designed to be garrisoned.
21 Nov 2015, 12:13 PM
Donator 11

there is really no point in that as both mg and the whole emplacement will die to single use of any flame weapon. I know it is intended counter but flamer ht for example can kill mortar pit faster than AT gun can kill the ht itself. And it also can attack emplacements from behind shotblockers. Overall emplacements should be much more durable to fire, especially as there is no way to be braced all the time now.
21 Nov 2015, 14:19 PM

there is really no point in that as both mg and the whole emplacement will die to single use of any flame weapon. I know it is intended counter but flamer ht for example can kill mortar pit faster than AT gun can kill the ht itself. And it also can attack emplacements from behind shotblockers. Overall emplacements should be much more durable to fire, especially as there is no way to be braced all the time now.

What? Flame hts kills a braced mortar pit faster than 6pdr shoots 2 times? Maybe i had extremly Bad luck with my flame HT the last 10 games
21 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM

The forward assembly has a pretty big radius too. I used to get frustrated wit it because it's so squishy and felt like a waste of MP but you can actually build it fairly far back from the front lines and still get the garrison bonus from it's aura.
21 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM

What? Flame hts kills a braced mortar pit faster than 6pdr shoots 2 times? Maybe i had extremly Bad luck with my flame HT the last 10 games

Well it could decrew it pretty quick but I think they removed that mechanic.

It's still a huge exaggeration on his part.
21 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM

Just make a sticky for him,dreadnought the more you know :D

Haha
21 Nov 2015, 18:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
22 Nov 2015, 01:20 AM

Why they removed the ability to put mortar into the trench? It have even a hole on top.
22 Nov 2015, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 00:57 AMSwift

Okw second truck ( torent ) is even harder to conter so what ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★