Login

russian armor

Comet/Firefly attack ground & Dancing officers

20 Nov 2015, 15:07 PM

I just wanted to verify that Relic is aware of these two issues.

1. Comet, Firely, 17 pounder emplacement attack ground command will never register a hit on a target.

If you issue an attack ground order to Comet/Firefly (e.g. to circumvent smoke), the projectile will almost never hit the target, and will instead hit the ground below the target (at least that is what the visual indication implies).

There have been multiple mentions of the bug so far (e.g. in Cruzz's thread: http://www.coh2.org/topic/42404/another-bug-balance-list). However, I have never seen it officially acknowledged by Relic so far.

I think that this bug is really important as it limits the potency of two, otherwise, expensive units.

2. I saw that you are fixing dancing guards/USF captain. Could also fix the AI behaviour of the other affected units as well?

I am aware of the following units 'dancing':
- USF Lieutenant
- UKF Airlanding officer
- Shock troops
(possibly other Wermacht/OKW officer-types. I will try to keep this list up to date)

It feels so good to see that those guards finally decided to cast away their ballerina shoes.

20 Nov 2015, 15:19 PM

Usf captain ans guards dance as well

20 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM

Usf captain ans guards dance as well

You are correct.

The reason I didn't include Guards and USF captain is that they are being addressed in the upcoming patch.

According to the Balance preview mod:

Bugfixes:
- Updated squad plans on Guards Troops and captain squad to prevent unwanted movement.
20 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM

17pdr. 77HV doesn't have a projectile, therefore they can't target vehicle that is in FOW.
20 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 15:23 PMUGBEAR
17pdr. 77HV doesn't have a projectile, therefore they can't target vehicle that is in FOW.

Thanks. I edited my original post to add the 17pdr.
20 Nov 2015, 15:28 PM

All those vehicles and guns that seem to hit open ground when attack ground on tank have no projectile, that's why their attack ground never hits.

Regarding the dancing officers, the Guards plan cover seeking pathing scheme which affects officers, Guards and other allied infantry, that often causes them to dance between cover, us being removed this patch.
20 Nov 2015, 17:36 PM

You are correct.

The reason I didn't include Guards and USF captain is that they are being addressed in the upcoming patch.

According to the Balance preview mod:

Bugfixes:
- Updated squad plans on Guards Troops and captain squad to prevent unwanted movement.

good to see, hadn't read it myself. Thank you for telling me!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
unknown 21
Russian Federation 13
United States 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %