Login

russian armor

Redesigned rifle company thread

19 Nov 2015, 16:12 PM

I didn't have yet the opportunity to test the patch mod so I rely on theory and other people tests to construct the debate around it.

Someone mention in the patch thread the end of this commander with the change. Well in my opinion I see the exact opposite without testing it.

Flamers moved to CP0 so it means you'll have your first flamer at the same time as Ostheer/Sov, much earlier than before.
CP0(?)Fire up. I imagine Fire up like vcoh Para Fire up or Hooraa but with a timed debuff after using it. I really look forward to test it but imo, this is going to be the best ever ability ingame to counter HMG42 and Ostheer in general. I mean, Conscripts are really strong early game with Hooraa but scale pretty poorly compared to riflemen squads. What about Fire up use with double BAR to close and flank and late game with vet3...

I can already imagine some nice move using rifles + Fire UP to flank and bait Ostheer and force them to re-position their MGs and going sneaky behind with REflamers...

I've never be fan of the commander, I can see it more interesting to play with this change.

Any opinion? Someone tried it?
19 Nov 2015, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 16:12 PMEsxile
I didn't have yet the opportunity to test the patch mod so I rely on theory and other people tests to construct the debate around it.

Someone mention in the patch thread the end of this commander with the change. Well in my opinion I see the exact opposite without testing it.

Flamers moved to CP0 so it means you'll have your first flamer at the same time as Ostheer/Sov, much earlier than before.
CP0(?)Fire up. I imagine Fire up like vcoh Para Fire up or Hooraa but with a timed debuff after using it. I really look forward to test it but imo, this is going to be the best ever ability ingame to counter HMG42 and Ostheer in general. I mean, Conscripts are really strong early game with Hooraa but scale pretty poorly compared to riflemen squads. What about Fire up use with double BAR to close and flank and late game with vet3...

I can already imagine some nice move using rifles + Fire UP to flank and bait Ostheer and force them to re-position their MGs and going sneaky behind with REflamers...

I've never be fan of the commander, I can see it more interesting to play with this change.

Any opinion? Someone tried it?

i hope it will not break or ignore suppression. usf already have the best counter to mgs ( smoke on every fucking unit), if they can sprint right through there is no reason to build mgs at all.

but oh wait, ostheer is about combined arms! too bad you can not use your most important tool to fight riflemens with your shitgrens :foreveralone:
19 Nov 2015, 16:19 PM

i hope it will not break or ignore suppression. usf already have the best counter to mgs ( smoke on every fucking unit), if they can sprint right through there is no reason to build mgs at all.

but oh wait, ostheer is about combined arms! too bad you can not use your most important tool to fight riflemens with your shitgrens :foreveralone:

Vcoh fire-up could be used to break the suppression, isn't it as well what the capt does have vet1?

Yeah I didn't even imagine its synergy with smoke, worst than ever :D
19 Nov 2015, 16:59 PM

Nooo... vcoh fireup was deliberatley left out of coh2 because MGs dont insta suppress like they did in vcoh.

The most you could go is having sprint. Which does not effect suppresion and cannot break it. But do we really want usain bolt rifle men..?

19 Nov 2015, 18:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Gonna be pretty op. Lol

But calliope doe... Surprised no ones talking about that doc. It's basically infantry, mechanized, and armor mixed into one.
19 Nov 2015, 20:41 PM

I made some test, you cant use fire-up while suppressed but I don't know what happens if you use it before the suppression.
Fire-up cost 15 munition for 10 seconds and 10 other seconds debuff (only walking).
Really need to test using fire-up and next entering in a suppression area but the IA was too stupid to let me do it :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
unknown 3
United Kingdom 292
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L