Login

russian armor

Main problems of the game?

18 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

What are in your opinion the current main problems of the game?
I mean balance-wise as well as all around.

I think the main problems are:
- that brit abilities are too good in conjunction with the other factions
- croc and anti-everything planes in same doc
- croc being hardcounter to paks (even 2-3) and not the other way round
- the mortar pit (plz give them regular mortar;
also see here: http://www.coh2.org/topic/39312/about-the-comeback-of-the-mortar-pit)
- abilities that have no skill element, are one-klick and do the rest of its own (hawker typhoons, air supremacy)
18 Nov 2015, 10:12 AM
Donator 11

My opinions:
(1) Riflemen are too strong, especially when they get vet3. It is almost impossible to kill them and it is too easy to use them in blobs.
(2) Grenadiers are too weak. It is too easy to squad wipe them.
(3) It is almost impossible to kill units in buildings. (it is ok that the building is that strong, but not if the units are)
(4) It is difficult to kill the Croc with Schrecks and PAKs.
(5) Matchmaking is broken, especially with unranked arranged teams with skilled players. Let the matchmaking count all the arranged 4vs4 games for the players involved in the arranged team. See this example.
(6) Bug splat occurs too often. See an example here (time 3:13).
18 Nov 2015, 10:29 AM

-Rifle Company.
-Riflemen vet buff is too much, they should've reduced bar's cost instead.
-OKW is broken (tried to play them once, felt like shit).
-Lots of non-sensical things about brits: fast vet for infantry, fast but bad vet for tanks, extremely weak IS cover bonus, lack of garrison-clearing options, the 0.25 officer, some underpriced or overpriced things.
-Forgotten eastern front abilities/units (penals, assault grens, IL-2)
18 Nov 2015, 10:56 AM

What are in your opinion the current main problems of the game?
I mean balance-wise as well as all around.

I think the main problems are:
- that brit abilities are too good in conjunction with the other factions
- croc and anti-everything planes in same doc
- croc being hardcounter to paks (even 2-3) and not the other way round
- the mortar pit (plz give them regular mortar;
also see here: http://www.coh2.org/topic/39312/about-the-comeback-of-the-mortar-pit)
- abilities that have no skill element, are one-klick and do the rest of its own (hawker typhoons, air supremacy)

Yes, all the "main problems" with this game are British units and abilities that have already been nerfed to shit by Relic.

This clearly objective and well-reasoned thread is going places.
18 Nov 2015, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 10:56 AMLuGer33

Yes, all the "main problems" with this game are British units and abilities that have already been nerfed to shit by Relic.

This clearly objective and well-reasoned thread is going places.

you better read the first part of the topic again, ill help you "What are in your opinion.."

if its not your oppinion its not right?:lolol:
18 Nov 2015, 12:04 PM

Shock rifle commander for soviets is the only one seen on automatch on 1v1. It gives everything one needs: a strong infantry, a good shock anti-infantry unit, a strong late game unit, a good artillery to make those pesky AT units move around if they're on your way. All the while, you can invest only in T2 to stay and hold the field. I'm sorry, that is way too much.

Rifle company could have AT LEAST the flamenwerfer moved to rear echelons. It's almost a shock rifle for 'Murica.

Brits still tech so fast. All juicy upgrades are behind fuel upgrades, but with good micro you can ignore them till mid-game at most. Maybe if the IS's reinforce cost got moved to 32 MP, it would be worlds of difference.

Wehr are OK I guess. I can possibly thing of a buff here or there, but the faction as a whole does all right with good micro and nice game sense.

OKW needs a meatshield the does a little better. It doesn't need to be so much, but a little.

Pack howie and ISG could lose their supression. Kubel could have some better acceleration and pathing.

18 Nov 2015, 12:05 PM

Its existence for starters :foreveralone:
18 Nov 2015, 13:02 PM

Panzerschreck - mobile AT gun with 360° radius.
18 Nov 2015, 13:35 PM

In no particular order:

• Rigged Warspoils 'drop system'
  • Too few maps
  • Useless/not viable commanders
  • Useless/not viable units
  • Useless/not viable abilities
  • Useless/not viable bulletins
  • Units locked behind specific commanders
  • Lack of customization
  • Overpriced
  • Optimization
  • Level/XP system
18 Nov 2015, 14:57 PM

you better read the first part of the topic again, ill help you "What are in your opinion.."

if its not your oppinion its not right?:lolol:

But it is his opinion on other guy's opinion, so by your logic... :D

On topic:

1) Faction Toolkits

Certain faction lacks some basic tools to deal with certain problems or these tools were implemented in gimmicky way.

Examples:
USF lacks options in early game, like mortar - problem to deal with static units like MGs early (pack howie comes out too late).
As a result they were designed with smoke grenades on basic infantry units (as well as flamer through certain doctrine) and also recieved terminator buff at vet recently.

OKW got Kubel as a stock suppression unit.
As a result many players feel forced to choose doctrines with MG34 because Kubel is unreliable past 5 min mark.

Wehrmacht faction don't have any stock light tanks and suffers from increased "light vehicle time window", which was increased with tech overhaul patch.
There is a huge gap between light vehicles (222, 251) and medium tanks (Ostwind, StuG, Pz.IV).

In general these are examples of bad design decision when trying to implement asymmetric balance.

2) Metagame diversity

In order to improve divesity of meta some of units need to be looked at.

Underused commanders and their abilities should be looked at too. I think relic have all needed statistics on how frequent commanders get picked and their abilities get used.

In my opinion these are:

- Assgrens - not sure what needs to be changed
- Sdkfz. 250 halftrack - both of call-ins (costs too much for when it comes and what it does)

- Sdkfz.251 Flak HT
- FlammenHetzer - costs way too much for what it does

- Penals - conscripts have overshadowed them
- M-42 AT gun - need some utility like camo and retreat and maybe better vet bonuses
- ISU-152 - nerf was justified, but now it just doen't cut it. Should have same shell trajectory as Brummbar have in order to prevent hitting terrain all the time.
- KV-1
- KV-2
- still DShKa

3) Map features

Some features should be added:
- option to remove 4v4 maps from 3v3 map pool in order to remove those stupid 1v2 situations on maps like City 17
- players that searched for the game together should be spawned together on one flank (situation when Arranged Team is smaller than selected game mode, eg. 2 players that are searching for 4v4 game)

18 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM

My (Mis-)favourites are:

-Squad wipes
-Vet 3 rifles
-shreck blobs
-USF blobs
-double bren IS-Terminators

In addition to that I totally agree with the points @ElSlayer stated.
18 Nov 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

More interesting tech choices as in robust fuel investments into infantry upgrades LATE GAME aswell as better kill animations for both tanks and infantry and small arms need to be louder. Would make the game much better thanks!
18 Nov 2015, 22:00 PM

Optimization. The number one factor that keeps me playing other games or otherwise not wanting to boot up CoH2 is how ridiculously terrible it runs. Sometimes I just want the game to work and not lag. Because I cannot expect this from CoH2, it is probably my number one problem with CoH2.

Beyond that, the sheer lack of viable strategic options (such as, the many useless abilities and commanders from the pseudo P2W days.) The incomplete and varied approach to balancing and maintaining these components of the game has really diluted a lot of potential enjoyment from the game.

But it's hard to tell due to Problem #1.
20 Nov 2015, 14:34 PM

Removing coldtech
Removing Rostov
Weak grens
24 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

Since the DSHKA gun/reinforcement cost was fixed it is quite potent. In a 30 minute 2v2 I scored 4K infantry damage with just one of them. Almost 400 in vehicle damage also
24 Nov 2015, 18:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Power creep leaving older factions with a lot of useless units and abilities

Annoying units that aren't in themselves OP, but are extremely frustrating to play against (kubel, pack howie/isg, Tiger Ace.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★