Login

russian armor

Brit Command Vehicle

18 Nov 2015, 06:22 AM

I feel like the buff aura, cost and speed debuffs are well enough, but I think the recon ability should cost SOMETHING or have a longer cooldown. I've had people complain that all they can hear is gardening planes when I use this, since there's zero reason not to use it everytime it's off cooldown because it's free.

Like a ~30 munition cost or something.
18 Nov 2015, 06:53 AM

well brtis have lot freebies and that recon plane is one of them having the felxibilty to chose a command vehicle with such less muni is still too good and yet they give free recon olanes *sigh* relic
18 Nov 2015, 07:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Not only is the recon plane free, and comes off cooldown seconds after it ends, it also has perfect stealth detection across its entire radius. I believe that's unique to the command vehicle recon plane, and that makes it extremely strong at denying snipers in conjunction with a sniper of your own.
18 Nov 2015, 07:34 AM

Didn't know that it's free. I'll try to use ut now more often
18 Nov 2015, 07:59 AM

Does anyone know the cooldown time for the command vehicle reacon plane ability?

I may be mistaken but as far as I'm aware the cooldown is very long, such that its use should be chosen carefully, similiar to tulips (barring the muni cost).
18 Nov 2015, 08:31 AM

Does anyone know the cooldown time for the command vehicle reacon plane ability?

I may be mistaken but as far as I'm aware the cooldown is very long, such that its use should be chosen carefully, similiar to tulips (barring the muni cost).

The thing is, the cooldown is only slightly longer than the ability duration. It's a pretty long recon flight, so if it doesn't get shot down you have very little downtime between planes.

You can basically use it every minute.
18 Nov 2015, 08:57 AM

The thing is, the cooldown is only slightly longer than the ability duration. It's a pretty long recon flight, so if it doesn't get shot down you have very little downtime between planes.

This means bye bye sniper and camo.

Actually, most of the free vet skill and other free stuffs benefits player a lot need to cost something.
(even by a small amount of muni)
18 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM
Patrion 14

TIL all you need to do to make ostheer sniper extinct with your own UKF sniper is use an command bren or command cromwell.
18 Nov 2015, 11:35 AM

So I tested the ability to get some hard values down.

Ability duration is 90 seconds, while the cooldown is 120 seconds.

Ability duration includes the time it takes for the plane to fly to the command vehicle.

Someone will need to check the internal files to find out what the detection/true sight radius is and compare it to other recon abilities.

All things considered I would agree on a muni cost for the command vehicle reacon.

Edit: Just to be clear the cooldown timer starts as soon as the ability is activated.
18 Nov 2015, 11:44 AM

Command vehicle is borderline OP in team game, setting it behind 120mm mortar and everything in the area is just nuked. For 1v1, usually the recon got shot down by the abundance of pintle MG, 222 autocannon or flak truck.
18 Nov 2015, 12:01 PM

Didn't know that it's free. I'll try to use ut now more often

its free, i notice when i see the Enemy keep spamming it, Immediately i switch to Brits to test it out Boy its usefull
18 Nov 2015, 12:40 PM

I suppose getting an Oswind as soon as you notice it flying, is a sensible reaction.

I like using a command bren, as you can use it more defensively or behind shot blockers, without rendering one of your medium tanks a lot less useful. Also means you can get good later game use out of an early bren :)
18 Nov 2015, 14:44 PM

Command vehicle is the only reason why anybody builds a Bren. Any other tanks are rendered unusable due to the debuff. Alternatively, AEC make good command tank for team game. Recon plane spam + ISU = lol
19 Nov 2015, 01:02 AM
Patrion 28

it should probably have a cost. as vietnamabc mentioned though, the command vehicle is shit on any other vehicle because of the debufs. the fire rate is the biggest one since it makes the tank completely ineffective.
19 Nov 2015, 01:45 AM

it should probably have a cost. as vietnamabc mentioned though, the command vehicle is shit on any other vehicle because of the debufs. the fire rate is the biggest one since it makes the tank completely ineffective.

I mean it's a trade off between "how durable do I want it to be". A bren carrier one shot by AT guns and 2 shot by most anything else.

The buffs it provides alone are worth the cost. The recon plane is just icing on the cake.

With how early you can get a bren command vehicle, it can get pretty nutso.

In the later stages of the game, I don't mind putting it on a Centaur since I generally want one as an AA platform but it's not a front line combat unit later in the game.

19 Nov 2015, 01:51 AM

Remove recon plane, reduce some of the debuffs?
19 Nov 2015, 05:19 AM
Patrion 28

I mean it's a trade off between "how durable do I want it to be". A bren carrier one shot by AT guns and 2 shot by most anything else.

The buffs it provides alone are worth the cost. The recon plane is just icing on the cake.

In the later stages of the game, I don't mind putting it on a Centaur since I generally want one as an AA platform but it's not a front line combat unit later in the game.

i agree that it's a powerful tool, the problem is that if you use it on a centaur for example, it's now super shit against infantry and even more vulnerable. i can't justify spending ~~100 fuel just so my command vehicle doesn't die in one hit; i'd much rather have to buy 6 bren carriers (6*15=90) fuel, then use it on an actual tank. even late in the game (team games) i still use my centaur to fight infantry. heck, i use the wasp lategame if it survives although only from behind shot blockers.

just to be clear, the commander ability itself is awesome, particularly for the recon plane, but i just can't justify putting it on a tougher platform because it makes that platform combat ineffective and vulnerable.
19 Nov 2015, 08:17 AM

Uhm currently people use Command Vehicle for the recon, not the buff at least in 1v1. The speed debuff is very severe, my Bren have trouble keeping up with IS and generally blobbing is not encouraged for Brit, IS is not fusillier horde.
So if Relic want to make a change, add muni cost for recon and remove all the nonsense debuff, make it so that the tank should toggle between command mode and normal mode. Command mode: the tank is immobilized + disable main gun, provide buff + able to call recon. This should encourage a more mobile UKF gameplay.
19 Nov 2015, 08:23 AM

Uhm currently people use Command Vehicle for the recon, not the buff at least in 1v1.

Smart people use it for both.

19 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

Screw you guys! Command vehicle sucks, made rage quit after two losses xD

Vanguard for life! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak