Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
5 Sep 2013, 12:03 PM

Hi Damn -

"lobby hacking for custom games work differently the host would force the count down and block ports with a firewall such as comodo, then that would kick all of the players inside the hosted game back into the lobby with a loss."

I am pretty sure this has happened to me a few times.

I know in public you don't want to divulge too much, but I would love to learn more about what is happening. To finally get a game going and then to get dropped out part-way in is pretty irritating. That you also get a loss doesn't bother me as much. I haven't been playing for stats and am proud of whatever rank I have earned.
6 Sep 2013, 16:03 PM

^^^ I'm getting good at spotting these people. These usually go to the chat room and say "Come Join my game, good players only, etc." Sometimes they try and bait you, i.e "I'll beat anybody on here" If you ask them to join your game, they say no, you have to join there game.

If you check their stats, it's all basic match, no automatch. And of course it's the usual impossible stats like 150-2

9 Sep 2013, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2013, 23:59 PMAvNY
I would throw out another idea: A kickstarter for fixes/upgrades to the program. I would contribute, but I don't want special access for the $. There are few enough people in the community, why would you want to slit them into further smaller groups???

Tell us what it would different levels of fixes would cost and lets see if the community can raise the $.

Actually this is a fucking great idea. I would contribute with 50 dollars for my main game coming back to my HD.
17 Sep 2013, 00:18 AM

In this thread CM Noun claims Relic did not realise trust rating has never worked since the move to Steam.

Leaderboard a joke.

This is after he claimed to have collected the 5 most important issues for the Devs to have a look at should the opportunity present itself.

Oh dear.

17 Sep 2013, 06:57 AM

In this thread CM Noun claims Relic did not realise trust rating has never worked since the move to Steam.

Leaderboard a joke.

This is after he claimed to have collected the 5 most important issues for the Devs to have a look at should the opportunity present itself.

Oh dear.

it explains a lot.
17 Sep 2013, 14:19 PM

For the record. "Nogano" on those leaderboards are the drophacked for a fact. The thing is that that is not REAL "CommentatorNogano" also known as "Nashka".

The dropper is just using his alias as a cover or something. Nogano himself is now serving @_ Russian Army and hasn't played for half of a decade...

---------------------------------
17 Sep 2013, 14:32 PM

Go Relic ! Go !
17 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

Sure, how could they know?

Do you remeber?
• Removed Relic’s post-match arbitration system.
5 of 23 Relic postsRelic 17 Sep 2013, 16:49 PM

Sure, how could they know?

Do you remeber?

Yup, I forgot that was on there. That's my bad. I was focusing on the unknown issues that the community was reporting.

17 Sep 2013, 21:34 PM

OMG,I actually had hope. They didn't realize the trust system had been taken out. Wow, it's really all I can say.

I will say I've been getting good games lately, at least at my level 13-14ish. So I won't complain too much, but I'll definitely prepare myself for the fact that this is as good as it's going to get.
17 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The question is, will a trust system be re-implemented? Something, no, anything to stop the amount of cheating?
18 Sep 2013, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2013, 16:49 PMNoun

Yup, I forgot that was on there. That's my bad. I was focusing on the unknown issues that the community was reporting.

I hope you plan to fix this game on a long term , i really do!
18 Sep 2013, 13:13 PM

Noun could you please just logon to CoH1 steam version once and click "leaderboards" first page on every faction has a bunch of "droppers" I do not even think Mr DevM himself could pull of a 150+ streak !?

reset on them to 0 should be a nice clean "stomach punch" since it must have taken them weeks to achive their lvl 20 :foreveralone:

Saw some official news from Mr Wilson at http://companyofheroes.com/news/coh-2-producer-letter-september-2013

:bananadance:
18 Sep 2013, 15:44 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldnt care about a complete stat reset.
18 Sep 2013, 20:17 PM

Stat reset ist contraproductive right now. Here is why:

There are 3 types of Statcheaters I know of.

1. Somebody plays his own "mod"(basically vcoh with 1 change) against himself with 2 computers. He only can connect with his other pc.

2. Drophackers, both sides get a win

3. Laghackers, as soon as they lose they lag between 1-5 minutes till they kick you. They get a win, you get a loss or nothing.

As soon as you reset the stats all three types of lowlifes have to get their retardstreak back to 250 = your chance to get one of those bastards x2

In my opinion all three should get their whole steam account banned.

If drophacking and laghacking doesn't get fixed a statreset gets us NOTHING.

Modhacking can be prevented by deactivating automatch for mods.
It's no loss for them as no mod has enough followers, NOBODY plays automatch with a mod, they all play lobby.

It doesn't take weeks to achieve being #1 statcheater. Only 1 day.
19 Sep 2013, 15:50 PM

Noun please look into the case of all those guys with numbers as coh name. Mostly 9 figures.
I played against like 30+ of them and every single one laghacked me.
Laghack= As soon as they lose, they start lagging and then your get kicked out of the game.
Sometimes you get 3 of those guys in a row and you're happy if your fourth opponent is just a normal lowlife who only drophacks you.
If you watch streams like xcom, you'll see it's all they do. Giving them incredible long streaks and ranks.
What are they? Did they crack the cd key of coh?

It's nearly impossible to play 1on1 anymore with everybody "cheating"

Please delete all 9 figure accounts with numbers as name.
23 Sep 2013, 05:04 AM

My feelings about steam vCoh things to be repaired beside the important stuff everyone else said. I konw this ones are not core issues, but it's nice to name them, if I'm mistaken in something don't hesitate to correct me.
- it would be nice to have the lobby fixed and being able to see which players are inside a certain game and which factions are they playing from the outside, like we could do before steam.
- Many game seem to be broken, first sympthom is you cannot green up and nobody answer in chat
- You cannot freely change factions keeping the side of the map you had
- Whisper and many other chat utilities don't work anymore
- Drophack is already being discussed a lot so that
- ladders don't work correctly, in many ways.

Thanks a lot and feel free to add everything you feel about the vcoh current status.
23 Sep 2013, 09:26 AM
Benefactor 115

you know I'm happy whisper is disabled, before the steam version came out some cunts thought it would be hilarious to spam me with every insult they could think of while I was playing.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS