Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
26 Aug 2013, 17:24 PM

I don't know if it's Steam or the game, but I keep dropping here and there. I know my internet connection is fine in 95% of the cases because everything else I had online stayed connected.

It happens more than it should. Once or twice here or there, no problem, but it's like once in every 10 games.

I know there's people deliberately dropping to pad stats, but this makes me wonder how many people I thought were doing this before, just have same issue I do.

Would be nice to have a reset of the leader boards because of this.

Don't know how complex it would be, but perhaps the formula should be if a game drops, both sides get a win, however, the person who dropped does not advance in rank, leader board, etc. That would pretty much negate the rationale for spam dropping.

Other thing I miss is how many people are searching for games as ally or axis.
28 Aug 2013, 11:49 AM

just make it like it was on the old servers but without the NAT issue.

being kicked from the game by some drop hacking losers is annoying as well.
30 Aug 2013, 16:00 PM

Look NOUN... I would be happy if they just fixed the following:

* connection problems
* waiting times for a game
* 2v2 AT ladder
* Re set all stats and ladders.
30 Aug 2013, 18:20 PM
Patrion 14

* connection problems
* 2v2 AT ladder

Agreed :) But wait with resettings stats until the problem with those droppers is fixed ;)
30 Aug 2013, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 16:04 PMNoun
Just to be clear, we're not really doing any balance changes. This is just to bring the game up to where it was on our previous servers and fix any issues.

I understand you have a lot to fix to get it back to original coh but those are not balance issues as such, they are more bugs that would make a big difference to the game and a lot of players including myself would be extremely grateful :)
30 Aug 2013, 20:14 PM

* connection problems
* 2v2 AT ladder

*veto maps
31 Aug 2013, 06:26 AM

Just to be clear, we're not really doing any balance changes. This is just to bring the game up to where it was on our previous servers and fix any issues.

Please i beg you make a new M-10 (fix the missfire bug) and sell it as DLC, everyone'll be happy.

31 Aug 2013, 20:07 PM

Mind i ask what does that mean? If you bring the game to the standard of the former quazal servers, everything would be fixed except some occasional lag. Which "issues" are you talking about?
3 Sep 2013, 14:34 PM

Another issue that needs to be fixed is in custom games where one of the axis spots is bugged, meaning that rather than selecting Whermacht or PE, you are forced to chose an allied faction of American or Brits.
3 Sep 2013, 14:55 PM

Another issue that needs to be fixed is in custom games where one of the axis spots is bugged, meaning that rather than selecting Whermacht or PE, you are forced to chose an allied faction of American or Brits.

Easy fix... close the game and set it up anew. This really isn't a big issue and since it happens only haphazardly it would consume a lot of time to just figure out what is causing it. No known cause = no possible cure.

Key things like messed up ladders and drophacks are keeping people from playing. That makes it an issue. known bugs that affect the game would be nice if they know how to deal with it. Like the m10 bug which has been around for years and majorly affects the perception of the unit and its ability to function AS DESIGNED.

Anything else would be a major change either in programming or balance, and unlikely to happen. (Though I am pretty sure no one would have issues with limiting the # of snipers to 2-3 per team. I think even 3 is too much, but that is my opinion.)
3 Sep 2013, 17:31 PM

Relic fix this god damn game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its fricken boring to wait 2-3 hours to get a game which will end in: lagg, kick, afk player
4 Sep 2013, 12:21 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2013, 17:31 PMnin3
Relic fix this god damn game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its fricken boring to wait 2-3 hours to get a game which will end in: lagg, kick, afk player

2-3 hours? wut? Mostly i get a game in less than a minute. I Guess you are a high level player? Im level 9 and i find matches very quickly. Probaly you are just exaggerating..
4 Sep 2013, 12:45 PM

2-3 hours? wut? Mostly i get a game in less than a minute. I Guess you are a high level player? Im level 9 and i find matches very quickly. Probaly you are just exaggerating..

What times do you play?

At 10 EST (0300 GMT) it is still pretty hard. Someone playing in the evening or late evening in the Western US I would guess has difficulty unless there are mid-day Asian players or early morning European players.
4 Sep 2013, 16:53 PM

I'm west coast time. I usually play in the 10pm to midnight range sometimes later.

It's touch and go. Lately I must say though I have been getting games pretty easy and against evenly matched players. Maybe 5 minute wait.

Spam drop hackers though have returned. They were gone for a while but they're back in mass. Not talking about the kind that drop if they're going to lose, but insta drop just to build stats.
3 of 23 Relic postsRelic 4 Sep 2013, 18:38 PM

Here's a quick question. I haven't played CoH for awhile, been focused on 2, but how did the Skirmish matches work for stats?

One of the complaints that I've forwarded to is (from the official forums):

Issue Name: Skirmish Ranking doesn't work

Description of Issue: Whenever you play a Skirmish-Game (weather online with friends against CPU or offline) your wins/losses don't get scored and you won't rank up!

Steps to Reproduce: That has to be your Work! PLease enable this function i liked it so much in Relic-CoH

Frequency of Occurance: 100%

But when I pointed that out the team working on improving the Steam version pointed out that Skirmish matches shouldn't affect rank. They said, "We never recorded stats that would appear online or affect online rankings for skirmish mode, this was for many reasons being cheating, or players playing easy mode to boost. We are wondering if you can supply more information on what it is you want to have displayed here? We did have a lot of stats tracked internally in the code for designers to use to tune and tweak but these were never exposed to the users. It wouldn't really make sense that playing skirmish would add to your ranking online."

I'd use the official forums but they're broken ATM. Can you guys give any insight into that?

Thanks!

4 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2013, 18:38 PMNoun
Here's a quick question. I haven't played CoH for awhile, been focused on 2, but how did the Skirmish matches work for stats?

But when I pointed that out the team working on improving the Steam version pointed out that Skirmish matches shouldn't affect rank. They said, "We never recorded stats that would appear online or affect online rankings for skirmish mode, this was for many reasons being cheating, or players playing easy mode to boost. We are wondering if you can supply more information on what it is you want to have displayed here? We did have a lot of stats tracked internally in the code for designers to use to tune and tweak but these were never exposed to the users. It wouldn't really make sense that playing skirmish would add to your ranking online."

I'd use the official forums but they're broken ATM. Can you guys give any insight into that?

Thanks!

skirmish STATS is the LAST issue you should pay attention imho
4 Sep 2013, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2013, 18:38 PMNoun

Thanks!

@Noun: before vcoh went to steam you could play skirmish games vs the ai and get a skirmish win / loss for this. this does not effect online ranking unless you played with humans on both sides with ai. if you are playing a skirmish with your mates vs ai you are going to get a win / loss called a skirmish it will effect your stats. in the new version on steam skirmish games no longer add wins / losses to your stats and are not tracked.
this is only a problem for those who wish to play skirmish games and want them to be-tracked. Also about stat boosting / hacking this now works very easily since there is no match arbitration / dispute system in place anymore. you can remove your ethernet cable at any time during the game mostly 1v1's and it will give you a win , and your enemy a win. if match arbitration gets implemented again then this problem will be fixed, because if you did remove the cable you'd get a loss and the other player rewarded with a win and both players end with a dispute each. lobby hacking for custom games work differently the host would force the count down and block ports with a firewall such as comodo, then that would kick all of the players inside the hosted game back into the lobby with a loss.
if you need more information don't hesitate to contact me i did not disclose certain information to the public.
4 of 23 Relic postsRelic 4 Sep 2013, 19:02 PM

Thanks. I think that's the summary I needed.
4 Sep 2013, 20:57 PM

Super great news.
5 Sep 2013, 09:00 AM

im so happy to hear that, thx Noun! i stay tuned for more information!
PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS