Login

russian armor

Intel HD 4000

26 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM

I'm hoping someone might have got a good setting for playing this game on this graphic card coz I'm lost as I have tried everything(I think) My drivers are up to date with the newest one only being a month old, but the game lags on campaign at the lowest settings didn't even bother trying multiplayer(Kicked out everytime)

3rd Gen Core i5
Intel HD 4OOO
4GB RAM

Is this even possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

26 Jun 2013, 10:59 AM

you should probably get a real GPU instead of a glorified calculator.

or, to put it in laymans terms: there is no way you can get your bobby car to run the quarter mile in under 10 seconds, no matter which tires (drivers) you use.
26 Jun 2013, 11:14 AM
Donator 11

HD4000 is only good for watching movies and playing older games (like CoH), sorry.
26 Jun 2013, 11:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

My system specs are worse and I can play the game. Are the video card drivers that you are using now from Intel or from your computer's manufacturer? I was having some serious problems when I was using the newer drivers from Intel. When I switched back to older drivers from Lenovo, the problems I was having went away.
26 Jun 2013, 12:19 PM

My system specs are worse and I can play the game. Are the video card drivers that you are using now from Intel or from your computer's manufacturer? I was having some serious problems when I was using the newer drivers from Intel. When I switched back to older drivers from Lenovo, the problems I was having went away.

Thanks-I did download from intel,I will try rolling back the drivers. The below info says it should run but it's almost unplayable,if the case is that it won't work on an HD 4000 they shouldn't have even mentioned it,I think.

Company of Heroes 2 system requirements (minimum)
CPU: 2 GHz dual core CPU, Intel Core 2 Duo or better
RAM: 512 MB system memory
Graphics: DirectX 9 video card with 256 RAM, Nvidia 8000-series or Radeon 3000-series or integrated graphics such as Intel HD3000 or HD4000.
Operating system: Windows XP SP3
DirectX audio card
12 GB hard disk space
26 Jun 2013, 12:24 PM

well, the game is running, isnt it? even if the FPS are unacceptable... you are at the absolute minimum needed to run the game, don't expect the game to run smooth. even if it might help with the performance, no amount of rolling back drivers or formatting your system or whatever will magically make your graphics card faster. integrated graphics have always (and probably will always) sucked in comparison to a dedicated solution.
26 Jun 2013, 14:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Cr4wler, would it hurt to try being helpful? Sometimes older drivers work better than newer ones. Particularly if you're using a laptop, getting drivers that aren't from the laptop's manufacturer can make everything glitchy. That's what happened in my case.

Also, with regard to those system specs posted above: where did those come from? I'm pretty sure the game requires at least Windows Vista.
26 Jun 2013, 14:29 PM

i AM being helpful.

if i didn't make myself clear with my first post: no matter how neatly you arange it on a nice plate, a pile of dog crap will never become a 5 star menu.

the raw computing power of the hd4k, in combination with the seemingly not too optimized coh2 coding will never be sufficient to run it at a decent FPS level.

of course he can try to install 20 different kinds of drivers and re-install windows and steam, and re-download the game and so on. or you can tell your chef to take the pile of dog crap and replace it with a piece of kobe beef. saves a lot of time and nerves.
26 Jun 2013, 14:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It may run but it wont be playable.
26 Jun 2013, 19:49 PM
27 Jun 2013, 07:17 AM

Thanks people for your help-I have actually managed to get it to work -

Upon reboot Windows update downgraded my graphics driver from the month old newer 10% better performing Intel one that I had installed from the Intel website-

What I did was I rolled back the drivers,then unchecked the automatic windows driver update
(Only until they catchup with intel),changed my graphics settings to high performance and lo and behold I was throwing molotovs,capping and caching fuel points,pissing down machine gun fire and artillery barraging the enemy to the extent that I actually forgot I was using a "Crapy" HD 4000.

Thanks again guys.
31 Jan 2017, 02:38 AM

Yeah I used integrated graphics for a few months and it was only stable at the lower settings.

ps. It was Intel 530 not 4000
22 Feb 2017, 21:42 PM

This game barely runs with a titan x let alone hd 4000 cpu , the performance side of things have always been terrible .
22 Feb 2017, 23:36 PM
Donator 11

the game is playable in 1v1 on minimal settings with Intel HD4000, but I tried it only in 1366x768. Also it looks absolutely awful on minimal.

@OP - what resolution did you play? are you sure everything is minimial?
23 Feb 2017, 21:28 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 14
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L