Login

russian armor

Please reduce the health/armor of bridges

16 Nov 2015, 10:51 AM

In the patch of September 3rd the health and armor of bridges were increased.

Bridges
We have increased the durability of bridges so they can withstand more damage.
  • Bridges health and armor increased

First, does anyone know the current health and armor of bridges? I believe that the patch notes used to have some information about it, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Nevertheless, the current bridges are too durable, in my opinion. They used to provide some interesting tactical options, like demolition during enemy movement. As of now, there's not really much point in having bridges at all, except for the purely visual effect. What's your opinions?
16 Nov 2015, 16:03 PM

Go and play a Bridge.

16 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM
Donator 11

I think 2 demos worth should kill a bridge.
I dont want another "sithard" summer no bridges edition.
16 Nov 2015, 19:24 PM

Relic is very intent on removing as many tactical elements from the game as possible, you see.

16 Nov 2015, 19:31 PM

maps with bridges are basically retarded so im glad about it :p
16 Nov 2015, 19:38 PM
Donator 11

Bridges were very important factor in coh1 but it lead to abnominations like acheloos river, vire, lyon, and last but definitely not the least scheldt. These maps were filled with chokepoints what promoted lenghtening boring matches filled with only artillery play. What was most important was the standard pattern of 2 destructible bridges on sides and one undestructible pass in the middle cutting map in half and making attack impossible. Instead of sectors going back and forth we had static gameplay. Thats why in coh2 bridges were largely substituted by either completely indestructible ones or ice crossings. Now you cannot simply camp with artillery shooting enemy base, you need to act to win. It is better if you ask me.
16 Nov 2015, 23:32 PM
Patrion 28

yeah, there's nothing wrong with destroyable bridges as long as there are plenty of other, non-destroyable, paths around. the problem with bridges occurs on maps like rostov and sitard where the only paths are destroyable and very narrow.

tl;dr: it's an issue with map design, not bridges. unfortunately we have a lot of badly designed maps and the easiest way to fix that is to make bridges not die.
16 Nov 2015, 23:36 PM

Bridges were very important factor in coh1 but it lead to abnominations like acheloos river, vire, lyon, and last but definitely not the least scheldt. These maps were filled with chokepoints what promoted lenghtening boring matches filled with only artillery play. What was most important was the standard pattern of 2 destructible bridges on sides and one undestructible pass in the middle cutting map in half and making attack impossible. Instead of sectors going back and forth we had static gameplay. Thats why in coh2 bridges were largely substituted by either completely indestructible ones or ice crossings. Now you cannot simply camp with artillery shooting enemy base, you need to act to win. It is better if you ask me.

I like how pripyat handled it. There was one destructable bridge and another that started broken but could be repaired as a shortcut.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★