Login

russian armor

Why do S mines have signs?

PAGES (7)down
10 Nov 2015, 15:05 PM

ok I guess 2v2 doesnt count. anyway

I did a test with soviet mines

4 man gren squad only got one-shot wiped once out of 9 tries,and that was only when i purposefully bunched up their formation myself. Otherwise they took anywhere between 1 and 3 losses,depending on bunchyness. Squads get wiped when they bunch up around corners or into doors, not in wide open fields or long corridors, which isnt a problem with the soviet mine,but a problem with squad bunchy wedgie ai.

Meanwhile,s-mines still wipe whole rifle squads if ur not 1000% on ur game,regardless of how much they bunch up.

I'd be okay with s-mines not having a sign if they also had suppression like every other mine. It's completely inane that a squad will continue to advance over a minefield until it is wiped.

PS - I've played 1v1's as OKW against USF players that would spam mines. Volks don't normally get wiped but often lose 2-3 models per mine until I pull my head out and use minesweeper.
10 Nov 2015, 15:12 PM

Would just lowering the cost of the minefield be enough? Imo the area denial part of s-mines a good idea, but cost prevents larger fields. If they were cheaper they could be used as intended to delay enemy flanks and movement, forcing the enemy to dedicate manpower and time to sweeping.
10 Nov 2015, 15:27 PM
Patrion 15

I cleaned up a bit here for excessive flaming or trolling.

Keep it civil people, or someone will take away your toys (read: lock this thread).
10 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM

1 from 10 on open field means alot tbh. now imagine semoski or other more narrow maps and there you have your good chance of a wipe.

After 1st mine hit sweeper is a must. And then when you hit 9 mines while having sweeper its l2p issue.

Also 10 mines is 300 munny whitch is quite a lot.

Yes cover , housing , narrow roads makes a lot but then your opponent outplay you if he mine building entrances and you are not able to sweep them.

Demo is however a lot worse because you cant sweep it and it always wipes
10 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 15:12 PMemil_fh
Would just lowering the cost of the minefield be enough? Imo the area denial part of s-mines a good idea, but cost prevents larger fields. If they were cheaper they could be used as intended to delay enemy flanks and movement, forcing the enemy to dedicate manpower and time to sweeping.

Dont build whole 4 sectors. If you want them in straight line build one sector and then proceed to another along the way. You can make a really long line that way spending 45, 60 at most 75 munitions depending on length. Usually though you just want them placed in narrow passage to block flanks. Then you need only one sector. There is rarely more than 2 passages on one flank so it means you can cover whole flank for 30 muni which is the price of one standard mine.

One and only thing I would like changed about them is disabling cost check so that I could build one sector with only 15 muni in bank.
10 Nov 2015, 15:39 PM

After 1st mine hit sweeper is a must. And then when you hit 9 mines while having sweeper its l2p issue.

Also 10 mines is 300 munny whitch is quite a lot.

Yes cover , housing , narrow roads makes a lot but then your opponent outplay you if he mine building entrances and you are not able to sweep them.

Demo is however a lot worse because you cant sweep it and it always wipes

take semoski there are so many bottlenecks and you cant sweepers everywhere, or you give up the whole side map control duo running into dangerous mines.

you can sweep demos easily, just walk up to with sweeper and use attack move on it, voila
10 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

Yes because demo dies to small arms.

Or maybe just use sweepers in midle of map where are houses and bad pathing ? becuase everywhere lese except bridges and Vp entrances (you can vault = problem of mines solved) semoskiy is open map
10 Nov 2015, 15:49 PM

Yes because demo dies to small arms.

Or maybe just use sweepers in midle of map where are houses and bad pathing ? becuase everywhere lese except bridges and Vp entrances (you can vault = problem of mines solved) semoskiy is open map

100% sure, did it yesterday in a 2v2 AT where i swept a demo and asked my mate what to do now and he said attack move rightclick it and i did. effect was pio shooting the demo and it exploded after 0.5 sec fire from small arms.
10 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM

lel, S mines kills like theres no tomorrow, and you want to remove the signs ? come on dude .
10 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

Demo dies to small arms. Even the mp40s that engies have.
10 Nov 2015, 16:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Just gonna say that I played against the thread's creator yesterday and he ragequit 15 minutes in whining rifle company OP. He wasn't even really losing, all I did was take out his 222 with my AAHT and wiped an unmonitored Gren.
10 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Also, S-Mines are god's gift to Wehrmacht. Used correctly this will make a mess out of any USF player too dumb to get early sweepers.
10 Nov 2015, 16:53 PM

Id swear that USF has a mine voice. I think the rifles who just got puddinged on yell, "Ugh, MINES!"

im not gonna say im 100% sure since some of you guys would know far better than I, but im like 99.5% sure.
10 Nov 2015, 16:59 PM

S mines already borderline overpowered, they do way too high common damage for their price. 15 muntion field has 5 mines 40 dmg each.
10 Nov 2015, 17:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Id swear that USF has a mine voice. I think the rifles who just got puddinged on yell, "Ugh, MINES!"

im not gonna say im 100% sure since some of you guys would know far better than I, but im like 99.5% sure.

That's the Sherman
10 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

That's the Sherman

lol. i knew id heard it. Why the sherman would have it and rifles don't is perplexing.

when im wehr plating a rifle blobber, i commonly plant smines in a cheeky spot i suspect will be a retreat path and sacrifice a goat, quicklike, to rngesus. Nothing like watching 3-4 squads down to half models/health just evaporate.

when im usf, i get a sweeper the instant i either see a mine being placed, or run into the first mine.

the only time as wehr i dont plant any smines is when im using riegels. I dont want them to have a sweeper, so i try to avoid giving them cause to get one.

in almost any game i do mine, i focus down the sweepers before almost anything else. They never seem to realize that if im trying to kill your sweeper ive probably got mines everywhere.
10 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

100% sure, did it yesterday in a 2v2 AT where i swept a demo and asked my mate what to do now and he said attack move rightclick it and i did. effect was pio shooting the demo and it exploded after 0.5 sec fire from small arms.

And riflegrande is not able to destroy demo often . WTF ?
10 Nov 2015, 22:02 PM

how am i gonna reason with your logic when im one of the biggest usf fanbois on this forum and i still have more axis games and therefore more expierience against these nuclear soviet mines than you? :guyokay:

wow you are going all defenisve fanboism mode isn't it shampoocreem?

So a more expensive mine field can be seen, does NOT instant wipe squad, can retreat, can be crushed with M20, must have 4 BIG ASS Signs because otherwise it would be OP and how is it any more ok to have an invisible Soviet/US mine that costs 30 munition that can likly squad wipe and damage vehicles, can only be detected by sweeper?

and please, people who have higher rank, thus play better, have better logics and idea about this game than you do.
nee
10 Nov 2015, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 13:56 PMKleft

No the other guy was saying that you could exploit the fact that the minefield had suppression by retreating a squad through it rather than sweeping it with a sweeper squad.

Which i think is insane because if you retreat through an s mine field your gonna get wiped

My mistake, I thought you suggested nerfing their damage but also giving it suppression, which would be exploitable if you can jus retreat a squad through it to instantly detonate all the mines, but suppression doesn't affect retreating squads.

But I still fail to see how removing the signs AND giving suppression help balance S-mines rather than making them even more OP. Right now, if you mess up and enter a minefield, a quick thinker can immediately have the squad leave the area to safety, and presumably with only a few casualties; with suppression this is much harder because you have less control over your men as they are doing everything even slower.
10 Nov 2015, 23:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

wow you are going all defenisve fanboism mode isn't it shampoocreem?

So a more expensive mine field can be seen, does NOT instant wipe squad, can retreat, can be crushed with M20, must have 4 BIG ASS Signs because otherwise it would be OP and how is it any more ok to have an invisible Soviet/US mine that costs 30 munition that can likly squad wipe and damage vehicles, can only be detected by sweeper?

and please, people who have higher rank, thus play better, have better logics and idea about this game than you do.

Oh shoe-king.
I'm just gonna not be offended personally by waht half of what you said because It isnt coherent to me.
You're a jerk. Type better. Stop trolling.

And s mines are 15 muni. You're the massive axis cumlord player that you are and you didn't know you could cancel the rest of the minefield and build only one patch? Ugh. Siuking!
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 20
Korea, Republic Of 8
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L