Login

russian armor

Why do S mines have signs?

PAGES (7)down
13 Nov 2015, 02:49 AM

Wait, so what you are saying is that mines should wipe? Like what? Especially 15 muni mines? Man come on, one wipe is a loss in every single equal matchup. There is no way any mines should wipe full health squads, especially spammable cheap mines that cover huge are so it is harder to miss them...

No no you misunderstood me. I said that all factions' mines will wipe if you make a field of 4 in a square (like the s mines) and someone keeps running on them i.e. keeps running in the minefield AFTER the first explosion or they are in the retreat path.

Basically I was countering someone else who said 'well s mines have better wipe chances'.

I'm not in favour of random wipes plz
13 Nov 2015, 05:17 AM

The major arty call in is actually pretty good and comes down at range, well worth using with rifle Co or rangers, both of which lack an expensive off map.
13 Nov 2015, 07:21 AM

Give ostheer fake signs - best idea ever - really.

Just give those signs a 15 munny cost so its not spamable , but it can create great pychological games
13 Nov 2015, 07:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 02:49 AMJunaid

No no you misunderstood me. I said that all factions' mines will wipe if you make a field of 4 in a square (like the s mines) and someone keeps running on them i.e. keeps running in the minefield AFTER the first explosion or they are in the retreat path.

Basically I was countering someone else who said 'well s mines have better wipe chances'.

I'm not in favour of random wipes plz

It's not that easy. Every 15 muni sector of s-mines is 4 mines. Whole minefield is 16 mines. For 60 muni, that's quite a lot isn't it? To build 4 mines as any other faction you need 120 muni. That is more than a demo. That basically means its not either optimal or affordable, so nobody does it.
13 Nov 2015, 09:13 AM

It's not that easy. Every 15 muni sector of s-mines is 4 mines. Whole minefield is 16 mines. For 60 muni, that's quite a lot isn't it? To build 4 mines as any other faction you need 120 muni. That is more than a demo. That basically means its not either optimal or affordable, so nobody does it.

If you saw my earlier post I mentioned how it's cheaper but the tradeoff is lack of AT capability
13 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

It's kinda cheap, but sweep it 1 time and you've seen all the mines and the mines don't do any damage. But the whipe capacity of these mines isn't as big as a demo. But these mines got a wider coverage to wipe them.
13 Nov 2015, 14:14 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 09:13 AMJunaid

If you saw my earlier post I mentioned how it's cheaper but the tradeoff is lack of AT capability

Its not only cheaper than standard "spammable" mine. Its 8 times cheaper! Half of the price for no damage against tanks (but still does significant damage to light vehicles), half for inability to make less than 4 of them and half for the signs. Here you have it. If you want to make them twice as expensive but without signs it would couse two things: close to nobody would use them (120 muni in bank? as ostheer?) but if somebody does it will couse pure frustration on the allied side as there is hardly any counterplay, is that what you want?
13 Nov 2015, 14:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The whole point is that they also give you a teller to work with.
If your opponent goes engineer flamer, and you didn't block any important route with wire, theres almost "no reason" to get a sweeper so your mines goes unchecked.
13 Nov 2015, 17:19 PM

Its not only cheaper than standard "spammable" mine. Its 8 times cheaper! Half of the price for no damage against tanks (but still does significant damage to light vehicles), half for inability to make less than 4 of them and half for the signs. Here you have it. If you want to make them twice as expensive but without signs it would couse two things: close to nobody would use them (120 muni in bank? as ostheer?) but if somebody does it will couse pure frustration on the allied side as there is hardly any counterplay, is that what you want?

Please. You said it's 15 muni per mine. Thats half of 30. Now you're saying it's 8 times cheaper?

All I'm saying it it already pays for the cheapness by being AI only. There's exactly one vehicle which needs to fear it: the m3. Anything else will come out alive no trouble. Therefore it shouldn't be punished by having signs too.

My only point us that it shouldn't have signs
13 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 17:19 PMJunaid

Please. You said it's 15 muni per mine. Thats half of 30. Now you're saying it's 8 times cheaper?

Its 15 muni for a batch of 4 mines, 2 are enough to wipe squad.
Or 30 muni for 8 mines.

Do the math.
13 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 17:21 PMKatitof

Its 15 muni for a batch of 4 mines, 2 are enough to wipe squad.
Or 30 muni for 8 mines.

Do the math.

I'm sorry but that's patently false. It costs 60 to lay 4 patches. Each patch is 15. Half of 30. Which is what I meant. Unless you're counting each patch as 4 mines so each field is 16.

Which is a different standard of counting altogether to what I was talking about. I was equating each field to 4 'mines'
13 Nov 2015, 20:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 17:19 PMJunaid

All I'm saying it it already pays for the cheapness by being AI only. There's exactly one vehicle which needs to fear it: the m3. Anything else will come out alive no trouble. Therefore it shouldn't be punished by having signs too.

My only point us that it shouldn't have signs

Each patch is 4 mines. Each of these mines is equal in size to standard mine making it as possible to hit as standard mines. Two of them can wipe a squad so whole 15 muni patch can potentially wipe twice. There is no point to refer to whole minefield in any way as every patch can be placed separately no problem.

It is also not true that only m3 takes damage from it. What about wc51, m20, UC, greyhound, captured axis light vehicles? Even flak ht takes damage.

Now read my posts again, this time trying to understand them.
13 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

Each patch have 4 mines from russian defensive doctrine (20 munny)

This is also im happy that no ones use this doctrine.
All you need to is make 4 mines in front of entrance of building and its guaranteed squadwipe.

Also have you ever tried cover them with mg 42 and place teller in those S-mines , it is almost guaranteed vehicle kill
13 Nov 2015, 22:43 PM

Also have you ever tried cover them with mg 42 and place teller in those S-mines , it is almost guaranteed vehicle kill

No I was always under the impression that the s mines would set off the teller
13 Nov 2015, 22:45 PM

Each patch is 4 mines. Each of these mines is equal in size to standard mine making it as possible to hit as standard mines. Two of them can wipe a squad so whole 15 muni patch can potentially wipe twice. There is no point to refer to whole minefield in any way as every patch can be placed separately no problem.

It is also not true that only m3 takes damage from it. What about wc51, m20, UC, greyhound, captured axis light vehicles? Even flak ht takes damage.

Now read my posts again, this time trying to understand them.

I do understand what you are saying. The other light vehicles take a small amount of dmg but nowhere near enough to risk getting killed, unlike m3, that is what I meant.

And I do understand what you mean about the mines. But here's the thing: after the first explosion the squad reacts, dives to the ground. If you keep on running thats different no?
16 Nov 2015, 08:28 AM

The problem is that sweeper deactivates them before they are removed. If this wasn't the case the area denial with signs would be a good idea. Also light wehicles should get damaged more significantly.
16 Nov 2015, 14:20 PM

You're talking about graphic here, its a single mine for 6 or 10 muni-haven't used them in AGES so not sure about the cost, I remember that putting as many soviet mines as ost mine field had much greater costs.
16 Nov 2015, 14:42 PM

S Mines really would be way too deadly with the signs removed.

What would be good is if the Mines wouldn't trigger when a vehicle drives over them, since that's really what kills them.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %