Login

russian armor

Penal Satchel Charges

9 Nov 2015, 14:51 PM

I sure there is a post on this already but didn't see it.

Was this intentional by relic or a bug that satchel charge to ZERO damage to buildings now (house/garrisons).

This is crazy to throw this in a house and they unit gets out and just right back in. It should blow the house up like it has been doing for 2 years.

Bug? Intentional?

Thoughts
9 Nov 2015, 15:00 PM

It was already reported to relic.

No one knows what they will do about it.
9 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

It is intentional. Relic does not want buildings to die to something weaker than

and want to promote maniac run into houses
9 Nov 2015, 17:43 PM

I think the lesson here is don't use Penals...ever.
9 Nov 2015, 17:49 PM

So the one reason to even make penals, they removed it.....
9 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

So the one reason to even make penals, they removed it.....

Unless you need to take out a lot of bunkers before the 8 minute mark and you don't want to use a Zis, yes, there is no reason to make penals.
9 Nov 2015, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

I especially like how satcheling a building with an MG42 in it manages to kill a single model and tickles the others.
10 Nov 2015, 14:50 PM

I sure there is a post on this already but didn't see it.

Was this intentional by relic or a bug that satchel charge to ZERO damage to buildings now (house/garrisons).

This is crazy to throw this in a house and they unit gets out and just right back in. It should blow the house up like it has been doing for 2 years.

Bug? Intentional?

Thoughts

Relic changed its damage when they nerfed grenades against buildings. I think one of them said they would fix it but it never happened. Penals used to be fun to make in a pack of 3 and go hunting trucks. Now they just have an expensive grenade with a long timer and no throwing range. Since the nerf to RA for some of the Axis units, even their flamethrower role isn't worthwhile. Combine that with the sniper that regularly loses a model that costs 100mp to replace and there is no reason to build T1 at all.
10 Nov 2015, 15:10 PM
Donator 11

I especially like how satcheling a building with an MG42 in it manages to kill a single model and tickles the others.

It's not entirely true. It depends how squads are set up in a building. If a unit has 4 windows facing same direction and a 4 men mg squad is shooting against infantry in that direction they can be all killed with one granade. Any granade. This is the case on the north-east building on semoisky near the cutoff for example. Its west wall is designed in such pattern that mgs, and all the other 4 men squads are super easy to wipe with nades there.
10 Nov 2015, 17:29 PM
Patrion 14

snip
Well I mean, I didn't claim it happens 100% of the time.

And of course I hope we all agree the satchel should do considerably more damage than any grenade, especially against garrisons.
10 Nov 2015, 19:32 PM

I thought people were exaggerating until yesterday I threw a satchel on a small building with MG 90% hp and 4 models inside. I killed 1 model and did about 15% damage to the ambient building. That's ridiculous. Their only utility is satchel plus durable flame platform and with flame damage being worse against garrisons than before and with satchel not able to do much damage to garrisons, I see no reason to build penal troops.
10 Nov 2015, 21:02 PM

I think Relic needs to fix the Power of garrisoned units (including satchel charge, that's just hilarious). It promotes Stall gameplay, and we all want a flexible, mobile coh i hope
10 Nov 2015, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can you remember when Satchels killed your own penals and would wipe any squad caught in deep snow?

#pepperidgefarmsremembers
11 Nov 2015, 00:03 AM
Donator 33

Can you remember when Satchels killed your own penals and would wipe any squad caught in deep snow?

That was when Satchels had 10 AOE, since then Relic has ninja nerfed it to 6 AOE, since penals cost less
11 Nov 2015, 00:14 AM
Patrion 27

It was fun too :luvDerp:
11 Nov 2015, 16:59 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 00:03 AMATCF
That was when Satchels had 10 AOE, since then Relic has ninja nerfed it to 6 AOE, since penals cost less
I really wish Relic understood the way AoE changes work. The AoE radius change from 10 to 6 actually reduces the area of effect by 64%, so to about ONE THIRD of what it used to be.

I didn't see Penals cost reduced to 1/3 of their old cost. :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS