Login

russian armor

(Experiment)Damage to Garrisoned broken.

10 Nov 2015, 07:33 AM

Even the soviet wouldn't use their sniper as a counter to building, although they normally don't need to.

The british could use sniper to counter garrison, but in comparison to other option it's really one of the worst one.

not at the moment because of the insane dmg modifier. besides that soviets have molo to clear building so it was aimed at brits i guess. whats the better option for brits then if sniper is the one of the worst one?
10 Nov 2015, 08:24 AM

other way around i wouldnt try it, 6 man squads taking way to long with that 50% hit modifier to buildings)

i didn't know 50% acc modifier of sniper.

I don't know what is the reason, but my Soviet sniper team squads hit models inside of buildings with 100% accuracy.
I've started to notice that approx since Soviet tech overhaul. It wasn't like that before - they indeed had tendency to miss about 50% times.

A bug?
10 Nov 2015, 08:28 AM

I don't know what is the reason, but my Soviet sniper team squads hit models inside of buildings with 100% accuracy.
I've started to notice that approx since Soviet tech overhaul. It wasn't like that before - they indeed had tendency to miss about 50% times.

A bug?

hm first time ive heard about the hit modifier was when the brit sniper had a 100% chance when attacked moved ( not clicking the building). where is cruzz?:guyokay: my cheatmod doenst work anymore..maybe someone can check it out
10 Nov 2015, 08:52 AM

not at the moment because of the insane dmg modifier. besides that soviets have molo to clear building so it was aimed at brits i guess. whats the better option for brits then if sniper is the one of the worst one?

one of the biggest problem with british is their lack of garrison counter. The sniper being their best option reflect their lack of option.
10 Nov 2015, 09:11 AM

hm first time ive heard about the hit modifier was when the brit sniper had a 100% chance when attacked moved ( not clicking the building). where is cruzz?:guyokay: my cheatmod doenst work anymore..maybe someone can check it out

That could be it. I always A-move :megusta:
10 Nov 2015, 09:32 AM

That could be it. I always A-move :megusta:

it doenst work with ost sniper atleast, they got a 50% chance of hitting
10 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM

Sniper vs garrison stats:
Ost: 2 * 0.325 = 65%
Sov: 2 * 0.4 = 80%
Brit: 2 * 0.5 = 100% still not fixed :snfPeter:
10 Nov 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 13:28 PMMuxsus
Brit: 2 * 0.5 = 100% (still not fixed :snfPeter:)

thanks for the numbers!

hmm i thought ive read some patchnotes mentioning fixing the brit sniper bug, but hey means no brit can ever say they dont have a garrison cleaning tool, they got the best considering the squadsize of axis.
10 Nov 2015, 13:34 PM

thanks for the numbers!

hmm i thought ive read some patchnotes mentioning fixing the brit sniper bug, but hey means no brit can ever say they dont have a garrison cleaning tool, they got the best considering the squadsize of axis.

I still wouldn't consider the sniper a good counter to garrison because it is very risky to repeayedly poke at troops inside buildings (especially MGs).
10 Nov 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 13:34 PMMuxsus

I still wouldn't consider the sniper a good counter to garrison because it is very risky to repeayedly poke at troops inside buildings (especially MGs).

shoot mg, 3 models left, mg packs up mg and set up to face sniper, sniper walks out of range, now you can freely close in with a infantry squad, mg will be forced to pack up again and face infatry squad, you can shoot with sniper again, 2 models left. at this point he needs to make a decision any further second staying can be a wipe. this takes time of 2 sniper shoots from far away, how long is the reload for the sniper? ~10 secs for both shoots? seems pretty fast for clearing a building from far away without taking any damage.

i regularly use sniper to clean garrison as ost when its a small model squad.
10 Nov 2015, 14:54 PM

That strategy only works against lone MG, usually Ost sniper can counter your own sniper. But using sniper to counter building feels counter intuitive and unreliable, currently besides sniper, Brit clear building by Croc (very late, doctrinal) and Gammon bomb.
10 Nov 2015, 17:09 PM

shoot mg, 3 models left, mg packs up mg and set up to face sniper, sniper walks out of range, now you can freely close in with a infantry squad, mg will be forced to pack up again and face infatry squad, you can shoot with sniper again, 2 models left. at this point he needs to make a decision any further second staying can be a wipe. this takes time of 2 sniper shoots from far away, how long is the reload for the sniper? ~10 secs for both shoots? seems pretty fast for clearing a building from far away without taking any damage.

i regularly use sniper to clean garrison as ost when its a small model squad.

What I mean is that the sniper's intended role is not garrison countering and it shouldn't be one, regardless of how well it performs before the inevitable nerf.
10 Nov 2015, 17:27 PM

thanks for the numbers!

it's still a bug anyway. Players in general had assume sniper doesn't work since the two previous sniper in the game are not really a good garrison counter.
10 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM

They want to promote run like manial into building style of play.

Grenades not even demo can harm a building.
Buidlings die only agains really strong arty.
Unit in building are almost unkillable agains light arty and flakweapons.

Half of faction does not have sniper or indoctrinal flametrower.

I think it is intended
11 Nov 2015, 04:39 AM

Half of faction does not have sniper or indoctrinal flametrower.

I think it is intended

sarcastic or serious? i am not good at English.
11 Nov 2015, 06:49 AM

sarcastic or serious? i am not good at English.

I was just telling truth. Even Relic claimed that. But you never sure if is Relic serios :snfPeter:
11 Nov 2015, 07:20 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 13:28 PMMuxsus
Brit: 2 * 0.5 = 100% still not fixed :snfPeter:

it was listed i one of the recent patch notes as being fixed, did you check the data on the most recennt patch? i onnly ask because i'm curious as to whether or not it's still broken.
12 Nov 2015, 00:18 AM

I've also noticed this - demo charges only do like 3/4 building health on a medium/building. Buildings also take ages to catch on fire and receive absolutely no damage from flamers when ungarrisoned.

If this is right, then it's rather problematic for all factions because infantry is very hard to dislodge.

Does this effect also extend to trenches?
12 Nov 2015, 05:32 AM

I've also noticed this - demo charges only do like 3/4 building health on a medium/building. Buildings also take ages to catch on fire and receive absolutely no damage from flamers when ungarrisoned.

If this is right, then it's rather problematic for all factions because infantry is very hard to dislodge.

Does this effect also extend to trenches?

damage to garrisoned may be bug now becuase too low damage occurs in mortar. it may related damage modifier of explosive.

related - http://www.coh2.org/topic/44536/heavy-artillery-weird-damage-to-garrisoned/page/1#post_id436202
15 Nov 2015, 19:06 PM

experiment 2:
a conscripts squad in building now takes 100 seconds fire of centaur or 200 seconds fire of SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-track.

actually mortar is not too bad. the real problem is damage of centaur, SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-track to the garrisoned. 2~3 minutes for kill is insane or not intended.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
unknown 13
United States 5
unknown 1
United Kingdom 246
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W