Login

russian armor

Rematch Button

7 Nov 2015, 23:18 PM

Hi all,
I frequently play 2v2 arranged teams games, and i think many of you can confirm that there are two things (besides of all the balance issues etc.) that are really annoing:

1) The automatch systems sometimes takes forever to find a matching enemy team.
2) You often play against teams which are either way better than your team and you get stomped into the ground within minutes or you play against people who are new to the game and you win too easily.

Both options are kind of frustrating and i think we can agree that the best games are those close games where no team is totally dominant.
Therefore i'm always happy if i get the lucky opportunity of a rematch after a very close defeat/victory, when the automatch system randomly assigns the same two teams again.

So i thought perhaps it would be a cool feature if relic implements something like a revenge button, which the losing or the winning team can press after the game to request another match. If the other side agrees, there could be an instant rematch, and we would avoid the two things i wrote earlier.

What do you folks think of that?
7 Nov 2015, 23:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Could run into abuse easily, where two assembled teams snipe one another and then just farms wins over and over.
7 Nov 2015, 23:25 PM
7 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM

Thats not how automatch in any competitive game works.

Abuse potential is huge on top of that.

But that is why you have after-the-game chat and custom games if you want to rematch.
8 Nov 2015, 00:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Could run into abuse easily, where two assembled teams snipe one another and then just farms wins over and over.

Perhaps they could implement it where it would auto-setup the same match in a custom lobby.
8 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

No thanks, because the second time I might humiliate myself by losing to them :snfPeter:
8 Nov 2015, 02:55 AM

I think it's a good idea, with the caveat that rematches don't affect match rankings. It would essentially throw you into a custom game with those teams, since it's a conscious choice to rematch. It would be for personal satisfaction, not for rank abuse.
8 Nov 2015, 06:01 AM

Stupid idea, why would I want to lose inches on my internet penis by losing to them on rematch?
8 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM

maybe they could limit the rematch game to only one game in order to avoid abuse. auto-setup the same match in a custom lobby would be also okay with me. I think most people play for fun and not for rank.
And there's also the possibility to reject the offer of a rematch, if you like to prevent your internet-penis from shrinking, but honestly, people who deny rematches have tiny internetpenises anyway.
8 Nov 2015, 15:59 PM

Stupid idea, why would I want to lose inches on my internet penis by losing to them on rematch?

+1
10 Nov 2015, 13:15 PM

Thats not how automatch in any competitive game works.

Abuse potential is huge on top of that.

But that is why you have after-the-game chat and custom games if you want to rematch.

Fighting games like Street Fighter have this i believe. They also, give you have a choice to accept or decline the match too.

and fighting games like that are like 10x more competitive than this game is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★