Login

russian armor

Unofficial OKW Redesign Thread

PAGES (9)down
7 Nov 2015, 19:51 PM

Last Relic Stream, our benevolent Canadian overlords confessed that with community support, they're down to redesign the dreadful OKW. Naturally as a community of fanatics, it is our duty here on CoH2.org to lead the charge and take the initiative. Seeing as how nobody as not yet done this in a comprehensive thread, I will here.

ALL manner of redesigns are encouraged here. And NO TROLLING. If your a troll, don't even f*****ing bother.

I'll go first:

KUBEL swapped for doctrinal MG34. 0 CP unit.

IR HALFTRACK moved to BREAKTHROUGH DOCTRINE

Reworked 4 man PANZERFUSILIERS swapped with VOLKSGRENADIER

VOLKSGRENADIER given MP44, Infiltration Grenades by default, call-in takes place of all Infiltration Grenades abilities in commanders

RESOURCE PENALTIES incurred gradually through teching

7 Nov 2015, 19:54 PM

Infiltration Grenades by default

The fuck have you been smoking son?
7 Nov 2015, 19:55 PM

Poor changes except this Kubel one. Also buff mg34 to state after wfa realise would be nice.
7 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

Infiltration Grenades by default

The fuck have you been smoking son?

I'm arguing that Volksgrens should be made a call in that replaces Infiltration nades ability. (But they would get them in return.)

Core infantry would be a reworked Panzerfusiliers squad that isn't a garbage capping and AT unit. (It would need to be changed however.)
7 Nov 2015, 20:03 PM

I'm arguing that Volksgrens should be made a call in that replaces Infiltration nades ability. (But they would get them in return.)

Core infantry would be a reworked Panzerfusiliers squad that isn't a garbage capping and AT unit. (It would need to be changed however.)

Ah in that way. I thought you want to give the core infantry stock infiltration grenades.
I was like woooot
7 Nov 2015, 20:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Gieb Sturmpioneers the ability to use Infiltration Grenades

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STURM THINGS WITHOUT GRENADE SPAM JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE DAMMIT

For real though, it makes a ton more sense to me on them as opposed to the Obers and Volks that currently use them.
7 Nov 2015, 20:27 PM
Patrion 14

So a lot of people really, really don't like the OKW tech structure (T1 medium tank, etc). So here's a kind of crazy idea to change it up that might fix a few problems. Please read it all before jumping to any conclusions.

A few initial changes:

- OKW starting fuel to 60 from 40.
- All three OKW tech buildings can be constructed at the beginning of the game. In other words, the Schwerer Panzer HQ no longer requires one of the other two buildings to be deployed before it can be constructed.
- Buildings no longer cost any fuel to construct.
- OKW trucks are now called in by the player at a cost of 200 manpower and 60 fuel each rather than being automatically dispatched every three minutes.
- No changes whatsoever to the HQ.

And then the OKW tech tree would be changed to something like the following:

Battlegroup HQ
By itself - LeIG
With one other building constructed - Obersoldaten/LeIG
With two other buildings constructed - Jagdpanzer IV/Obersoldaten/LeIG

Mechanized HQ
By itself - Flak Halftrack
With one other building constructed - Walking Stuka/Flak Halftrack
With two other buildings constructed - Panther tank/Walking Stuka/Flak Halftrack

Schwerer Panzer HQ
By itself - Puma
With one other building constructed - Panzer II Luchs/Puma
With two other buildings constructed - Panzer IV/Panzer II Luchs/Puma

The idea is that every OKW building would actually have three "tiers" worth of units, so to speak, that would be unlocked as additional buildings are constructed.

For example, a player who just has the Battlegroup Headquarters constructed would only be able to build the LeIG (in addition to their HQ units, obviously).

Now, if the player had both the Battlegroup and Mechanized Headquarters constructed (two buildings), they would unlock all the tier one and tier two units in those two buildings. That would mean that players would be able to build LeIGs, Obersoldaten squads, Flak Halftracks, and Walking Stukas.

Alternatively, if the OKW player opted to construct the Schwerer Panzer HQ instead of the Mechanized HQ (again, two buildings unlocking two tiers worth of units), they'd have access to LeIGs, Obersoldaten squads, Pumas, and Luchs tanks.

So then if a player opted to build the Mechanized and Schwerer Panzer HQs (but not the Battlegroup HQ), they'd have access to Flak Halftracks, Pumas, Luchs tanks, and Walking Stukas.

Having all three tech buildings up would give you access to every OKW unit.

Obviously there would be some issues if you could build the Flak Truck first (because of the gun locking down large amounts of territory) and I worry that OKW tanks would arrive too late, but this scheme would solve a few issues (like the Luchs arriving a bit too late and the Jagdpanzer IV arriving too early) and make OKW teching a bit more rational. Also, it's extremely flexible.

i like the principle of this.

and add one more truck that is solely about upgrading units.
7 Nov 2015, 20:29 PM

i want a laser guns on volks make that happen !! and bunny grenades !!
truly think that okw need it's a decrease on the unit build time because will give a fast posicion taking on the field and a 1 squad more than other faction
volks are bad on early game and throwing flame nades it's expensive and costly so i prefer just having 1 extra squad on the field
or give kubel the ability to capture territory so okw can decap points and giving more time to bring more units to the field !

kubel it the ability to capture points will give more time on early game and more maneuverable !!
7 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM

I agree, though tbh I think the biggest two OKW problems are lack of infantry fighting ability because Volks suck and there's no HMG, and lots of pointless units like IR Halftrack, nonscaling Kubel, Panther, etc.

7 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM

"- All three OKW tech buildings can be constructed at the beginning of the game. In other words, the Schwerer Panzer HQ no longer requires one of the other two buildings to be deployed before it can be constructed. "
lol that its bad for game balance ^^ so i can bring a kt in early game time 20mn mark that was maked on alpha and was a bad desing and bad balance gameplay !! but the rest i agre on some points !! and having a luchs and obers on early game its a nightmare seing the price cost ^^ will be a opp faction
okw it's difficult to balance and desing and tech " balance" its a unike type of faction or you love it or you just hate !! ^^ so i hope that you guys remember the alpha test wen okw were opp and you could have spam it less micro and easy veterancy so i hope you guys make a mode first on the workshop and teste it and try and if the community all agree then you make a petition !!
but i love the idea of a fresh okw faction so good luck just pls make a mode and test it because on alpha we went to the limite it okw !!
the only problem its just the lack of early power and midle and late game too stroung for come back!!

but just having tge kubel capturing territorys a bit opp lol it was tested ^^ but it was a great and fantastic try i hope that they bring to the game !!
7 Nov 2015, 20:43 PM

I think people need a reason to go Mech HQ nowadays
7 Nov 2015, 20:44 PM

Make Volkgrenadier doctrinal and replace it by Volksturm.
7 Nov 2015, 20:48 PM
Donator 22

kubel can cap flags :romeoMug:
7 Nov 2015, 20:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh yeah, and on the topic of HMG34s, those things desperately need a vet requirement reduction. They can keep the bad DPS if they want, but said bad DPS rendering vetting it near impossible is inexcusable.
7 Nov 2015, 20:51 PM

Yeah. Going with okws theme, incendiary rounds ought to be replaced by a more anti infantry ability. (More damage, less AOE suppression for 30 secs?)
7 Nov 2015, 21:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Call that ability "Shoot to kill" or something.

BUT FIX ITS VETTING :(
7 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

It'd be really nice having more units in each hq
7 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM

Make Volkgrenadier doctrinal and replace it by Volksturm.

What's the point?
7 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM
Patrion 14

I actually used the mg34s incendiary armor piercing rounds to try and kill an over extended 30% health m20.

Even while not paying attention for 2-3 seconds, the m20 got away :snfPeter:
7 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM

I kinda like Carlos's idea, the only change I would suggest is that the gun on Flak Truck should only work if another truck is already set up.

Aside from that, Non doctrinal HMG34 would be logical. It should be 240 MP, more damage than HMG42 but less suppression. Kuble could be doctrinal as a Sniper counter and as a scout (Its vet 1 move to vet 0)

Volks seriously need some love. A bit more AI power and a bit more expensive.

Stuka should also be like vCoH Stuka (or Pzwerfer). It's both useless and OP at the current state, depending on the map and the situation.
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak