Login

russian armor

Unofficial OKW Redesign Thread

PAGES (9)down
9 Nov 2015, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 02:17 AMhubewa

This post is about OKW, not rifles, although i do agree riflemen need a nerf, but this is simply unconstructive. We want to work out how to fix the game, not whats broken.

I am simply commenting to his post, which is pretty much saying "no changes to volks because if you buff volks, people will spam volks only".
9 Nov 2015, 02:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nerf rifleman then.

Rifle vet 3 is pretty much most of the balance issues currently afflicting the game.
9 Nov 2015, 04:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 02:50 AMVuther

Rifle vet 3 is pretty much most of the balance issues currently afflicting the game.

Pretty much, alongside lelic power creep in DLC commanders and new factions, and extreme "swings" in who is OP (Changing who holds "the bat") constantly.

9 Nov 2015, 04:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 02:50 AMVuther

And famethrowers.
9 Nov 2015, 04:28 AM

Volks should be a powerful defensive unit,but crap offense to stop spam.They should have defensive abilities like for the fatherland and vet bonuses in freindly territory.

That'd be an interesting faction, but it's pretty much giving up on the whole 'OKW is the German Army at the Ardennes' thing. You'd need to incentivize them to be aggressive in the early game, but ground down if their offensive peters out.

Though considering how lame time-slice balance is to play, maybe it'd be for the best.
9 Nov 2015, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 09:30 AMhubewa
Personally - I use Volks as "Hold the line" units and stalling units. They make good AT because they have so many models, their lategame AI sucking is perfectly fine with me.

No, don't give them MP44s... Volks, as the name suggests are meant to be relatively inexperienced troops, why should they get the best armament?

Really, I think the flak against Volks is misplaced - volks weren't ever designed to win an infantry fight. Thats what Obers, Fusileers and Falls are there for (except those units aren't really winning infantry fights, and as I have said before, thats the shortcoming OKW is facing).

Giving Volks MP44s and AT nades will turn them into better versions of Conscripts and I don't think this is a good idea, esp considering you do have non-doc elite AI infantry.

lol what non-doc elite infy...?? obers...?? lol obers are pathetic
On topic:
Also many allied fanboys now saying that rifle buff was not needed and admitting that it have single handledly destroyed the balance.
Proves that relic are incapable of making decision on their own the rifle buff was sheer pressure from cries of allied fanboys to buff rifle when their was non needed, only bar buff was justified,relic can't think for themselves and make decision logically...sigh not to mention the broken everything good ukf faction with broken units,5 star of veterancy condensed into 3 star vet and broken dirt cheap abilites...sigh no one listened to me when i said the rifle vet 3 buff was not needed and ukf is still damn to op ( when the dust settles you will see that) only balanced faction is soviet and to some extent whermact ( except for some buffs needed in some clear areas).
9 Nov 2015, 04:44 AM

lol what non-doc elite infy...?? obers...?? lol obers are pathetic

Thats why Obers needed a buff, it wasn't too long ago (maybe 6 months or so ago) when Obers were pretty strong, back when they came with their MG34.

In future, read before you comment pls.
9 Nov 2015, 04:53 AM
Patrion 14

Obers are like rangers. Overpriced, munition sinks, which have high value as infantry but low gains.

There's like 0 reasons for me to get obers at all if I have JLI; there's no contest at all there. Fusies maybe; If falls, then I would swing more so towards obers. But still, they are locked into t4 and cost 400 mp with 40 reinforce cost. The only reason to build them is if you've won the game already and are just trolling around with infrared STG 44s or something.

And I'm talking about 1v1s here btw.
9 Nov 2015, 05:19 AM

Hey guys I fixed OKW.

9 Nov 2015, 05:20 AM

Hey guys I fixed OKW.

Bugger off troll. You have fixed nothing.

Pretty sure the arc of the MG is wider, and even the Maxim could snag your "flanking sturm". Smoke and flank they say, where is my smoke? xD
9 Nov 2015, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 04:44 AMhubewa

Thats why Obers needed a buff, it wasn't too long ago (maybe 6 months or so ago) when Obers were pretty strong, back when they came with their MG34.

In future, read before you comment pls.

i wasn't criticizing i was agreeing :)...semantics ya know
9 Nov 2015, 05:51 AM

Bugger off troll. You have fixed nothing.

Pretty sure the arc of the MG is wider, and even the Maxim could snag your "flanking sturm". Smoke and flank they say, where is my smoke? xD

I think the joke flew right over your head this time :P

i wasn't criticizing i was agreeing :)...semantics ya know

Haha fair enough, its hard to read tone on forums sometimes...
9 Nov 2015, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 05:51 AMhubewa

I think the joke flew right over your head this time :P

I hope it is a joke, but no matter how I think about it, it feels like another repeated "smoke and flank" without the smoke component xD
9 Nov 2015, 06:25 AM

Volksgrenadiers are fine, the problem is in durability of allies infantry, wich was increase by recieving accuracy modifier of vet riflemen in the last patch. They like Infantry section(UKF) bacame a terminators and it reflects on the performance and viavility of axies infantry against them(thats why obers and panzergranadiers are very effective against conscripts but mostly useless against IS and Riflemen). Reducing accuracy modifier will put allies infantry in line with volks and consripts and will incrise the viability of the elite troops from both sides. Also need to remove smoke from riflemen and give ability to rangers\paras. Ordinary soldiers shouldnt have such things wich differ elite units from primary squads. flametrowers must have only engeniers cause flamers negate the basic system of the game - positioning\covers.
p.s. I live in Russian, sorry for my english
9 Nov 2015, 07:04 AM

The Vet 3 buff for rifles is totally fine. The problem is that some units dont vet up as fast with OKW. Otherwise its fine, people are taking it out of proportion.
9 Nov 2015, 07:08 AM

Why would someone go for rangers and airborne if he could just spam effective rifleman. That's my point. Getting elite infantry would become obsolete.

Wait, isn't that the current US meta? At least volks can be countered unlike terminator rifles.

Nerf rifleman then.

Here´s why someone would go for Rangers and Airborne: You don't bleed like a pig and you get quite effective weapon uprades. 120mun for sniper lmgs and 90mun for terminator machinepistols.
9 Nov 2015, 07:14 AM

Here´s why someone would go for Rangers and Airborne: You don't bleed like a pig and you get quite effective weapon uprades. 120mun for sniper lmgs and 90mun for terminator machinepistols.

Obers and fallschrim bleed like a pig, cost munition for a ammo intensive faction (ober only), and still only has questionable effectiveness for it's "blob control/ anti infantry role". Their LMG/ FG-42/ Kar-98 is not sniper, not against vet 3 rifles/ rangers, they dont get 2 MG-34s either because they have no ammo rack.

Nor are they effective at close range because they are LMG/ Rifle armed, or using a weapon with questionable performance. (Fallschrimjager FG-42....? It feels weird, the damage it makes is highly inconsistent, it either shoots up a squad of conscripts in seconds, or gets overwhelmed by that conscript after missing volleys after volley)

Either Obers and fallschrim get fixed, and does it's role of "elite infantry that hunts other infantry", or volksgrenadiers must pick up the role that Ober used to fill, or at least compensate.

Your post confirms a few thing only, and it is that OKW elite infantry are over priced, under powered, and generally unappealing compared to simply getting 2 more volks/ Pzfus to fill it's place.
9 Nov 2015, 07:36 AM

The only thing imo that should be changed for okw is volks and how they work, maybe give them two upgrades, 1st would be panzersherck, 2nd maybe three G43s or some other semi-automatic rifles

But the key difference would be that these upgrades changed the veterancy and the main purpose of the units, giving the panzershrecks would change the veterancy to be more anti tank focused, and the semi-auto rifle upgrade would make the veterancy be more anti infantry focused
9 Nov 2015, 07:39 AM

I hope it is a joke, but no matter how I think about it, it feels like another repeated "smoke and flank" without the smoke component xD

Didn't you notice the Kubel in the building? :snfBarton: (Where's kappa when you need it)
9 Nov 2015, 07:39 AM

Suggested changes:

1. MG34 becomes a stock unit buildable from Hq. Luftwaffe and fortification receives kubel instead. Kubel changed: cannot supress anymore, receives a small DPS buff, and ability to decap and cap territory. The decapping rate is faster, the capping rate is normal as in any other infantry's case.
2. Fuel income changed to 80% as in amo's case.
3. T4 fuel cost increased to 25 fuel.
4. Panzer 2 receives a small penetration buff.
5. Scavange ability changed: If you scavange a vehicle, you will receive fuel. If you scavange a weapon, you will receive amo.
6. Jagpanzer receives a small rotation speed buff.
7. Flak emplacements receive a small health buff and a third man in their crew.
8. Kt is limited to one at a time on the battlefield like call-in heavies.
9. Fallshirms will not be able to throw the bundle grenade the moment they spawn from a building. The ability has a cooldown of 15 secs until it becomes available.
10. OPTIONAL - consider at improving some how the OKW mine if wanted. I think a price decrease would be better. Same for boby traps.

Doctrines:
1. Feuersturm - Hetzer changed into a TD. Top MG becomes an upgrade for 60 amo.
2. Scavange - a) Thorough scavange: if you scavange a vehicle you will receive fuel AND amo. Scavaging weapons will have the same effect as in other doctrines resulting in a small amo amount.
b) JLIs will have 2 G43s that will work as in wehrmacht's case. Sniping models under 70% health ability removed.

The changes related to HMG 34 and Kubel are having in view that OKW should not benefit of 2 supression platforms in the same time one static and one mobile.

Given the changes proposed above, any other changes in adition (for instance improving sturmpios in a way) will transform OKW into a broken faction.
Alternatively to MG34 and kubel changes, if we disagree to them, the volks' AI performance can be increased in some way but without giving them an AI weapon upgrade (I'm referring here at ROF, DPS, or accuracy improving etc).

Edit: I would like to add that in my view, Ostheer is in a worst estate than OKW right now. And the problem is the sloooooow teching tree I think. On the other hand, OKW has a quicker teching tree and the ability to hold teritory due to the Med truck and FRP. Ostheer loses teritorry verry quickly and is verry hard to take it back. If we count some losses in the process, a come back for ostheer is even harder in middle-late game. I think something must be done related to its core infantry (especialy grenadiers).
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight