Login

russian armor

Relic Stream Recap

6 Nov 2015, 15:38 PM

Yeah, can't wait to be rated poorly by the pro teammates who ping the map constantly and are rude in chat.

Yeah lol. I fucking hate those jerks.
6 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM

I don't see how a reporting system is a higher priority then a muting system? Not to mention any scrub who gets his ass kicked is gonna do a negative feedback. Or the ass kickers are gonna do a positive feedback so they can keep kicking ass. Too small of a community to do something like that with.. how about focusing on optimization/connection issues first and only?
6 Nov 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 12:36 PMwuff

You've zero idea of how much profit COH2 made, don't pretend otherwise.

it's called common sense. take sold copies times an average selling price for the game, estimate a "dlc bought per player" amount also times sold copies... voilà rough estimate.

i also have a very good idea of what it would take for the server infrastructure to implement a rejoin system. that alone is probably already out of what relic would be comfortable with maintaining... let alone the complete netcode rework necessary.
6 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for inf Stormless.
So Paula, Barton out from game MVGame.
6 Nov 2015, 17:20 PM

it's called common sense. take sold copies times an average selling price for the game, estimate a "dlc bought per player" amount also times sold copies... voilà rough estimate.

i also have a very good idea of what it would take for the server infrastructure to implement a rejoin system. that alone is probably already out of what relic would be comfortable with maintaining... let alone the complete netcode rework necessary.

Total nonsense. The only accurate figure we have for copies sold was Sega's announcement that COH2 had sold 380,000 copies in the first five days. source

Everything else is pure guess work and that doesn't even reflect profit.

Secondly, you have zero idea of the requirements needed to make a server rejoin function, unless you're part of the essence engine development team?

6 Nov 2015, 17:38 PM

Could you be so nice and post/point some good, recent, OKW replays with different strategies? I'm strugling hard, and even making some good moves with SP and kubel, my midgame falls apart and here comes the USF rifle avalanche. Thanks in advance!

I'm actually working on a bit of a replay pack and a video guide. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend. I'll shoot you a PM when I got it done.

I'm not promising a perfect build or anything but I'm hoping to give people some fresh ideas. I'm incredibly tired of the scavenge doctrine metagame.

6 Nov 2015, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 17:20 PMwuff

Total nonsense. The only accurate figure we have for copies sold was Sega's announcement that COH2 had sold 380,000 copies in the first five days. source

Everything else is pure guess work and that doesn't even reflect profit.

Secondly, you have zero idea of the requirements needed to make a server rejoin function, unless you're part of the essence engine development team?

Please dude... don't embarass yourself. One, i do know very well what the basic requirements are for a rejoin function. And two, there are fairly good estimates on game sales. Even if you just randomly add 10% to those estimates and assume everyone paid full price, the numbers aren't anywhere near what AAA titles with yearly franchises bring in on the first day. factor in running costs of the company as well as retailers/distributors share and there isn't really a whole lot of wiggle room for absolutely insignificant stuff like "rejoining games", with exactly 0 ROI.
6 Nov 2015, 19:08 PM

Please dude... don't embarass yourself. One, i do know very well what the basic requirements are for a rejoin function. And two, there are fairly good estimates on game sales. Even if you just randomly add 10% to those estimates and assume everyone paid full price, the numbers aren't anywhere near what AAA titles with yearly franchises bring in on the first day. factor in running costs of the company as well as retailers/distributors share and there isn't really a whole lot of wiggle room for absolutely insignificant stuff like "rejoining games", with exactly 0 ROI.

Clearly you don't know a thing, otherwise you would've have mentioned it.

It isn't a server issue, it is the games engine and how it handles data, hence why you cannot rewind replays.

And on the production cost side of things, you just how little you know about game development.

The production cost for something like COH2 is tiny compared to other triple A releases, and
producing a game for a single platform is cheaper, producing a game for the PC is even cheaper since there are no submission costs (you have to pay sony/ms to sub your game).

COH2 selling 380,000 copies in 5 days is a great launch for a smaller title like COH2 on 1 platform.

I've worked in games development for over 10 years, so please, just sit down and shut up.

6 Nov 2015, 19:21 PM

In game clan support....oh lordy please
6 Nov 2015, 19:32 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 19:21 PMNapalm
In game clan support....oh lordy please

please relic!
6 Nov 2015, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 19:08 PMwuff

Clearly you don't know a thing, otherwise you would've have mentioned it.

It isn't a server issue, it is the games engine and how it handles data, hence why you cannot rewind replays.

And on the production cost side of things, you just how little you know about game development.

The production cost for something like COH2 is tiny compared to other triple A releases, and
producing a game for a single platform is cheaper, producing a game for the PC is even cheaper since there are no submission costs (you have to pay sony/ms to sub your game).

COH2 selling 380,000 copies in 5 days is a great launch for a smaller title like COH2 on 1 platform.

I've worked in games development for over 10 years, so please, just sit down and shut up.

i doubt very much that you were on the business or development side of things :-D

Ofc the engine needs to "support" rejoining... Doesn't change anything about the fact that you still need the infrastructure. And of course multi-platform games are "more expensive" because of licensing, developing etc. etc. But you also have a bigger target audience.

Nonetheless, all this is theoretical BS. Please go on and explain why and how you think Relic will implement an expensive feature with 0 ROI.
6 Nov 2015, 20:30 PM

i doubt very much that you were on the business or development side of things :-D

Ofc the engine needs to "support" rejoining... Doesn't change anything about the fact that you still need the infrastructure. And of course multi-platform games are "more expensive" because of licensing, developing etc. etc. But you also have a bigger target audience.

Nonetheless, all this is theoretical BS. Please go on and explain why and how you think Relic will implement an expensive feature with 0 ROI.

Actually that was a mistake, I should have said I have been a developer for 10 years now and still am.

I never said they would implement it, I just highlighted you're bullshit stats.

6 Nov 2015, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 20:30 PMwuff

Actually that was a mistake, I should have said I have been a developer for 10 years now and still am.

I never said they would implement it, I just highlighted you're bullshit stats.

i'm not bullshit stats, nor did post ANY stats to begin with. i just listed reasons why they won't do it. you were pissed off at something, claimed i was talking out of my ass and brought exactly 0 arguments why i was. thank you for all that.
6 Nov 2015, 20:44 PM

CrapForces are beyond broken. no fix in sight, only blobbing everywhere. now with pershing. good.

and how can i understand the okw redesign? any ideas?
and what about "we will have a look on soviet industry"?
6 Nov 2015, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 20:51 PMwuff

No, you're just BS.

You just said you can use your "common sense" to work out the profit because COH2 doesn't rakin in money etc

and no, I am not mad, just tired of people who think they game development but have zero idea, i.e you.

Now go back under the idiot rock you came from.

i think you've just proven yourself that you lack comprehension skills on top of common sense... please go back and read everything i wrote. not even close to what you read into what i wrote. and nice flame on top.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★