Login

russian armor

ISU-152 feels really weak

5 Nov 2015, 09:02 AM

I seriously dont know.. Nobody wants 100-range 1shot kill everything bullshit back, but now isu feels just overnerfed.
5 Nov 2015, 09:46 AM

ISU right now is extremely unrealiable, the shots hit the smallest bumps on the ground, doesn't hit inf 20 meters away from it... Giving it better accuracy would make it be a "Little" too stronk but goddamn, make the shots fly through small bumps on the road instead of having 40 kilos of explosive become a firework show..... 5 times in a row.....
5 Nov 2015, 10:29 AM

HE shells should use ballistic trajectory, just like Brummbar.
5 Nov 2015, 11:05 AM
Patrion 15

I gotta say I'm a big fan of the isu. Leave it on HE behind the front line and it just collects wipes. I've had games where I've used it as a crutch to just go t1-t2 and hold out for it.

Its AT performance is lacklustre, but it doesn't really need buffing. I go is2 if I want an offensive tank, isu+atg/su-76 to clean up defensively behind cons. It's like an AI jt.
5 Nov 2015, 11:07 AM
Donator 22

And from 80 range. Nothing the allies have can touch it safely.

short off topic question: has the JT not 85 range? or was that the pak43?
5 Nov 2015, 11:11 AM
Patrion 28

just used the ISU in a game. it's still good but mostly against infantry and buildings as it takes way to long to switch rounds for that to be very useful most of the time. concrete piercing is also really good at wiping, as long as it doesn't hit terrain (:(). overall i think it's ok.
5 Nov 2015, 11:13 AM

Currently the unit is too weak for what you pay for it. I'd personally say get rid of the AI shell, since Soviets have enough counters to infantry and only give it AT rounds. Then bring it in line with the Elefant. Would do the trick probably.
5 Nov 2015, 11:30 AM

]The ISU is in one state: Unreliable. The penetration is just too low for a heavy tank destroyer with such a high reload and aim time. The HE shell seems to be even worse. It either hits nothing (uneven terrain being its biggest foe, argh!), kills 1 model or wipes a squad instantly.

The AP rounds needs a penetration buff while the HE round should be similiar to the shell of a Bulldozer or Brummbär.

ISU is NOT a heavy tank destroyer, it's a self-propelled infantry gun (assault gun)
5 Nov 2015, 11:32 AM
Donator 22

ISU is good players are bad :guyokay: I see a lot of people use their ISUs in bad terrain in automatch and then complain about it's accuracy for exaple don't put your ISU in low ground it will never kill anything.
5 Nov 2015, 13:07 PM

Does anyone else feel like this guy isn't strong enough for the cost?

Just foget about this thig and all will be fine. Work for me:foreveralone:

ISU has 70 Range, 240 penetration, the best long range AT destroyer Allies has.

And easily raped by jagtiger or elifant that I see every fight. Mainly jagdtigers. This crap only useful against infantry with HE-shells.
the jagtiger insta pens any tank in the game from across the map.

So pen buff will change nothing except axis joy. Why not.:snfPeter:
5 Nov 2015, 13:45 PM

ISU is NOT a heavy tank destroyer, it's a self-propelled infantry gun (assault gun)

hey mister you forgat to read this

"ISU-152 was a Soviet multirole fully enclosed and armored assault gun or armored self-propelled gun, also capable of serving as a heavy tank destroyer developed and used during World War II."
5 Nov 2015, 13:46 PM
Patrion 14

Increase pen by 30-50, but that's it really. The potential wipes you can get with this thing without having to pay munitions to do it is just phenomenal. Won't use it over shock frontline tactics in serious games though.
5 Nov 2015, 13:56 PM

The name is determined on it's performance and not it's original name. After all, Relic doesn't consider KV-1 tanks as heavy call in tanks. And what is a StuG-G ? It performs almost as an exclusive tank destroyer while it is considered a self-propelled gun.

If you try to argue about the ISU-152 with the its name as foundation for all your arguments... well...

What counts is the intended role and with a range of 70 and a damage of 240 its not just a soft armor counter.
5 Nov 2015, 13:57 PM

ISU right now is extremely unrealiable, the shots hit the smallest bumps on the ground, doesn't hit inf 20 meters away from it... Giving it better accuracy would make it be a "Little" too stronk but goddamn, make the shots fly through small bumps on the road instead of having 40 kilos of explosive become a firework show..... 5 times in a row.....

This is a universal problem and should get fixed. Even fast firing tanks like Ostwind constantly hit ground or battlefield debris (Other tank remains, walls, tractors). Fix this and both ISU and IS-2 will be reliable and hard hitting AI units
5 Nov 2015, 14:00 PM

The name is determined on it's performance and not it's original name. After all, Relic doesn't consider KV-1 tanks as heavy call in tanks. And what is a StuG-G ? It performs almost as an exclusive tank destroyer while it is considered a self-propelled gun.

If you try to argue about the ISU-152 with the its name as foundation for all your arguments... well...

"ISU-152 was a Soviet multirole fully enclosed and armored assault gun or armored self-propelled gun, also capable of serving as a heavy tank destroyer developed and used during World War II."

ISU-152 has 2 shells
High explosives(for AI)
Armor pierching (for AT)

AT shells are awful and need a buff,accuracy is fine and better then the IS-2,it just needs its AT shells buffed
5 Nov 2015, 14:00 PM

And easily raped by jagtiger or elifant that I see every fight. Mainly jagdtigers. This crap only useful against infantry with HE-shells.

You make it sound like Jagdtiger is cheap and can do squad wipe infantry as ISU and used every single game.

ISU has 240 pen, and 70 range. Easily outranges all heavies and StuG/Panther/JP4 and still reliably penetrate them at max range.

A tip: dont put your ISU where the JT is facing.

5 Nov 2015, 14:01 PM

5 Nov 2015, 14:05 PM

You make it sound like Jagdtiger is cheap and can do squad wipe infantry as ISU and used every single game.

ISU has 240 pen, and 70 range. Easily outranges all heavies and StuG/Panther/JP4 and still reliably penetrate them at max range.

a tip :ISU-152 doesnt penetrate reliably Panthers with AT shells
5 Nov 2015, 14:07 PM

There aren't just Jagdtigers. Elefants are excellent in finishing off scratched heavy tanks with their stun ability and one of them can even spot for themself.
5 Nov 2015, 14:10 PM

I lost all my hope on the ISU 152 the day i bounced an AT shell at close range on the front of a panther :foreveralone:

Just buff the pen on AT shell
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS