Login

russian armor

USF cakewalks OKW and Ostheer

5 Nov 2015, 11:44 AM

And yet Ostheer wins 3 out of 5 games in the OCF final!

GG.

So if I win a few games with ost I can make a wehr OP thread?

No. Any anti-Axis propaganda is not allowed. Only anti-Allies "truths" mkay?

Ost are fine. OKW need to have dual schreks given to Spios and the schrek removed from Volks. Then give Volks some kind of AI boost alongside a MP cost/reinforce increase. Done.
5 Nov 2015, 11:53 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 11:35 AMCobiee
The game is a complete joke at the moment, Basically if you are a axis fan don't bother even joining a game as nothing but sheer bullshit will ensue, The LEIG was the only thing OKW had to stop the rifle spam but since allied players knew this they cried until it was nerfed into shit, Resulting in our current situation, Only exacerbate by the Pershing commander

I dissagree with the LEIG. It is still powerful and good. But now it is not a buy and forget unit.
5 Nov 2015, 14:08 PM

Permanently Banned

I dissagree with the LEIG. It is still powerful and good. But now it is not a buy and forget unit.

this. Still helps me a lot when playing OKW, yet still it can't safe a hopeless situation on its own.
5 Nov 2015, 14:09 PM

Permanently Banned
And yet Ostheer wins 3 out of 5 games in the OCF final!

GG.

Yeah they also banned Riflecompany. Good luck winning 3 out of 5 games with rifle flamers running around everywhere champ.
5 Nov 2015, 14:21 PM

Fix the LEIG spam and than we can talk about adjusting Riflemen.
5 Nov 2015, 14:38 PM

Fix the LEIG spam and than we can talk about adjusting Riflemen.

Don't mind you won't have to worry about OKW faction at all soon,its going the way of the dodo.Enjoy bullying defenceless volks with terminator rifle blobs.
5 Nov 2015, 15:14 PM

I play USF and I agree that USF/UKF are brain dead factions. Funny when I play with my friends and we try out OST or OKW, they have no clue how to even use cover or set up MGs. Playing with my friends as Axis, we can't even win 1 game.

Yet when we play as Allies, we somehow are magically on par with top 50 players. It's not even that we're good because watching the replays, I see my friends lose squad after squad and just doing retarded shit while the Axis play flawlessly, pulling off amazing grenade play, MG set ups and micro and we still end up almost dead even.

That makes absolutely no sense to me IMO.

I wish for this game to be balanced, but I gave that up a long time ago. This game will never be balanced and it will take another 4 years for Relic to iron out any of the bugs. It'll be just like vcoh, dead by the time anything gets fixed.
5 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I play USF and I agree that USF/UKF are brain dead factions. Funny when I play with my friends and we try out OST or OKW, they have no clue how to even use cover or set up MGs. Playing with my friends as Axis, we can't even win 1 game.

Yet when we play as Allies, we somehow are magically on par with top 50 players. It's not even that we're good because watching the replays, I see my friends lose squad after squad and just doing retarded shit while the Axis play flawlessly, pulling off amazing grenade play, MG set ups and micro and we still end up almost dead even.

That makes absolutely no sense to me IMO.

I wish for this game to be balanced, but I gave that up a long time ago. This game will never be balanced and it will take another 4 years for Relic to iron out any of the bugs. It'll be just like vcoh, dead by the time anything gets fixed.

Perhaps it will go the same way like with VCoH. Thanks for your reply :)
5 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 14

What if you don't want to spend money on that lousy commander and don't get any helpful drops from warspoils? Then what? Is all hope lost?!

Believe it or not, this game has been mired in dlc bullshit since release. All the factions (with the exception of soviets) are quite reliant on dlc commanders for their meta strategies.

Whether that is right or not is up to you to decide.

If you aren't willing to use "p2w" commanders, then I would recommend either luftwaffe for the mg34, or breakthrough for the panzerfusiliers (I recommend these). Panzerfusiliers with the G43 upgrade beat rifles at all ranges (yes, even flamer rifles), and also bring you a snare and good scouting abilities.

Don't forget to use the breakthrough ability (or whatever it's called) to quickly recapture territory, and the blob officer to force retreat enemy squads and buff up your own during big battles. If you use the officer, try to keep him behind the lines.

In terms of nondoctrinal counters, I prefer to use the flack ht in conjunction with a Raketen or two covering it's flanks. This allows me to use it with no fear of enemy stuarts and lt tier vehicles.
5 Nov 2015, 18:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Believe it or not, this game has been mired in dlc bullshit since release. All the factions (with the exception of soviets) are quite reliant on dlc commanders for their meta strategies.

Whether that is right or not is up to you to decide.

If you aren't willing to use "p2w" commanders, then I would recommend either luftwaffe for the mg34, or breakthrough for the panzerfusiliers (I recommend these). Panzerfusiliers with the G43 upgrade beat rifles at all ranges (yes, even flamer rifles), and also bring you a snare and good scouting abilities.

Don't forget to use the breakthrough ability (or whatever it's called) to quickly recapture territory, and the blob officer to force retreat enemy squads and buff up your own during big battles. If you use the officer, try to keep him behind the lines.

In terms of nondoctrinal counters, I prefer to use the flack ht in conjunction with a Raketen or two covering it's flanks. This allows me to use it with no fear of enemy stuarts and lt tier vehicles.

I played from launch, I went through the ridiculous mortars to snipers in clown cars to the flamehalftrack rush to the ridiculous obers at launch to the volks blobs that couldn't get suppressed at vet 5 to the absurd USF AA HT to the T34-85 spam and PTRS blobs of doom. I know how absurd this game has been since its launch.

Its just, I am done with OKW I think. I copied and pasted your adivce to a word file, perhaps for later. As of now, I am done with OKW.

Thank you anyway.

5 Nov 2015, 21:30 PM

I think one problem the recent buffs has caused is that, because rifles are stronger, USF doesn't need to use that many weapons teams anymore. The side effect of this is that there is less salvage to go around, the main thing that allows OKW to mitigate some of it's fuel penalty.
6 Nov 2015, 11:15 AM

Yeah they also banned Riflecompany. Good luck winning 3 out of 5 games with rifle flamers running around everywhere champ.

Rifle Company isn't an "I win" button lol. Maybe you need to adapt your game?
6 Nov 2015, 11:25 AM

All the factions (with the exception of soviets) are quite reliant on dlc commanders for their meta strategies.

:sibPheasant:

This sentence

Oh wait... dlc commanders.

Gib sov commanders luf so we can rely on dlc commanders as well(anyone remember B4 meta? That was quite DLC to me, or both ISU docs).
6 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

Rifle Company isn't an "I win" button lol. Maybe you need to adapt your game?

There is a reason why this commander is banned in any serious tournament.

Its more a "leave your cover, leave your building right Meow!"
6 Nov 2015, 12:43 PM

There is a reason why this commander is banned in any serious tournament.

Its more a "leave your cover, leave your building right Meow!"

Armor is far more potent than Rifle. Why isn't Armor banned then? Why aren't all flamers banned in tourneys?
6 Nov 2015, 12:45 PM

Armor is far more potent than Rifle. Why isn't Armor banned then? Why aren't all flamers banned in tourneys?

No, M10s are potent.

Armor isn't better then rifle.
6 Nov 2015, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rifle is good as a snowball effect commander that has something to rely on the late game.

You play aggresively early on with 3/4 Rifles, you follow it up with light vehicle play (M20/Stuart) > nades.
At this point you kick vet2 buff earlier due to vet1 Rifles AND you get a freebie upgrade with the flamethrower. The fact that you don't need research nor you have to go back to base is a huge plus.

6 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

Hi
I'd like to add that the game is unbalanced not only because of units stats. It's because of many little things that add up to a lack of balance. Some players fail to notice how important those 'little' things are. To point out just a few.
1. Number of models in a squad. When it's 4 it means being unable to recrew weapons effectively. It's not only about stealing them, but also about recrewing you own weapons after a won skirmish. With ost it's essential to be able to recrew a pak/mg. It may happen you have to sacrifice a squad or aboandon the weapon. This turns a repelled attack into a loss in manpower war.
2. The repairing of the vehicles - You need to withdraw 200 manpower from the line to repair a vehicle. It stops you from capping, laying mines and very often may tip the balance of a skirmish. Also you must synchronize it with retreating a vehicle. Very often a pio must get to the place when a damaged engine vehicle is. It also delays the coming back of the vehicle into combat. It is a huge contrast with effective and quick repairs by the vehicle crew which can cap at the same time.
3. Teching and not getting any units. With ost you must spend resources to tech + spend resources to build a building (again a pio retreated). A USF player will invest these resources in units running on the field, which changes the balance of the number of units on the map too much. The original design was to make it happen because ost would field much better quality units after teching. It's not true any more. Ost units after teching are on equal or even worse quality than the USF/Soviet units on the field.
I don't want to bore U ppl to death but imo this should be fixed first. Especially teching. If ost could just build buildings without battle phases it would be enough to make it a competitive 1v1 fraction again. The rest could stay the same. What do U think?
6 Nov 2015, 19:18 PM

Riflemen need to be good and scale into lategame, as USF has no non-doc elite inf, and can't build anything else before tech.

Before any adjustments are made to riflemen themselves, Rifle Company needs to be adressed, otherwise USF may get overnerfed, classic Relic way.

As many already pointed out, flamers on main line inf are quite retarded. Just replace it with M1919 and push back vet-rifle call-in in CPs so it can be used only for replacing losses.

Buffing OST/OKW in response to flamer rifle problem may in turn screw SOV.
One fix at a time, I say.
6 Nov 2015, 19:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Rifle is good as a snowball effect commander that has something to rely on the late game.

You play aggresively early on with 3/4 Rifles, you follow it up with light vehicle play (M20/Stuart) > nades.
At this point you kick vet2 buff earlier due to vet1 Rifles AND you get a freebie upgrade with the flamethrower. The fact that you don't need research nor you have to go back to base is a huge plus.

But I just read that riflecompany is totally fine and justified by the fact that USF was shit a few patches ago.

I agree completely with you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS