Login

russian armor

USF cakewalks OKW and Ostheer

4 Nov 2015, 22:53 PM

tl;dr game is in a balanced state for 1v1 / 2v2?

1v1 has niggling issues, but is mostly pretty balanced.

2v2 I have no idea, I only play it casually.
4 Nov 2015, 22:55 PM

I don't get rifles get smoke grenades... shouldn't it be a flanking doctrine considering its 100% on the offense? Rifles in VCoH were a lot more squishy than CoH2, and they did perfectly fine...
4 Nov 2015, 22:56 PM

1v1 has niggling issues, but is mostly pretty balanced.

2v2 I have no idea, I only play it casually.

If you think okw is balanced in 1 vs 1 then its hopeless discussing anything with you.
4 Nov 2015, 23:21 PM

If you think okw is balanced in 1 vs 1 then its hopeless discussing anything with you.

So OKW is underpowered against all three allied factions you say? I could see an argument for USF because Riflemen are overperforming, but UKF and Sov too?
4 Nov 2015, 23:33 PM

So if I win a few games with ost I can make a wehr OP thread?

Mate it's churlish to disrepectfully dis others when your ego hasn't sufficient self esteem or the guts to put your own player card on display warts and all.

The OP not only made a credible valid point, but I'd expect that as he's logical and unafraid to let the world know he's not a COH2 micro-meister nor an obsessive. Neither of which render either his POV or his cogent ability to interpret obvious IMBA invalid.
4 Nov 2015, 23:43 PM

USF has become a true joke now. <snip>
Please discuss and help Axis players with dealing with this utter nonsense.

Nothing to discuss. USF are broken, intentionally, abetted by OP PFA DLC Premium Commander BS.

No point pretending Relic are going to do anything to 'fix' what they did deliberately instituted until they have milked it for all the module and its DLC Premium Commander's monetary worth to their home audience.

You're pretty logical Kitten, so I think you already know this but like most of us who want to love the game, just wish COH2 wasn't so. The unfortunate truth is that it is. The problem is that money is involved as the direct incentive to conduct business this way. Your and my requirement of and objectives for the game vs Relics and SEGAs are mutually exclusive.
5 Nov 2015, 00:21 AM

Mate it's churlish to disrepectfully dis others when your ego hasn't sufficient self esteem or the guts to put your own player card on display warts and all.

Just like OP?
Hat
5 Nov 2015, 01:17 AM

So OKW is underpowered against all three allied factions you say? I could see an argument for USF because Riflemen are overperforming, but UKF and Sov too?

OKW does fine against SU since they basically have the same stuff and more.
5 Nov 2015, 07:11 AM

@bicho1

If you are having problems winning the early game against kubel and volks with riflemen. You might want to post replays where you lose and let the strategists help you on what you need to do better.

That said, getting a kubel is one less capping squad for OKW. If he's going for your cutoff, and he left a volks squad to cap his own side in the first few minutes. You can outnumber the sturms and kubel combo with your own squads. As OKW start with less manpower because they have sturms from the start.

That, or watch how devm wins every game against any okw build/meta with triple rifle start in the OCF tournament; and he did it not even using rifle company.

this is the replay

It would be better if who checks it would get to the replayes page i posted a comment over
there and answer me :help: :D
5 Nov 2015, 08:03 AM

It is at a disadvantage against all 3.
Vs Usf=no chance
Vs Brits=Weak,but still a fighting chance
Soviets ==better balanced due to volks not getting overrun,but lategame once soviet armorspam,katyusha and shocks come out-agains okw is in big trouble.
5 Nov 2015, 08:04 AM
Patrion 310

Lets see some replays Ostheerlitz.
5 Nov 2015, 08:10 AM

Lets see some replays Ostheerlitz.

You saw enough of them in the tourney,i hope u remember okw performance there even with broken leig crutch.
And u can see the reality in winrates.
5 Nov 2015, 08:11 AM
Patrion 310

You saw enough of them in the tourney,i hope u remember okw performance there even with broken leig crutch.
And u can see the reality in winrates.

You didn't play in the Tournament (or did you?) so how can I see your replays?
5 Nov 2015, 08:21 AM

You didn't play in the Tournament (or did you?) so how can I see your replays?

You here to judge me,discuss the factions?Trying to get a little personal and sidestep the actual issue?
Did you or did you not see the OKW performance in the tourney or can you or not see the winrates?
Answer to the point and don't try to change the topic.
5 Nov 2015, 08:31 AM

I should make a copy pasta to refute this because this comes up as "evidence" way too frequently.

CoH2 is a game of Axis vs Allies, atleast in ranked play.

Collectively, the allies have 1,410 games played.

Collectively, the axis have 1,205 games played.

This isn't as bad as it was last time I saw it, where Allies had double the amount of games played, but you have to keep something in mind. You should also note that this is a sum of games over the course of the week, but on any given day there is a different amount of games played for each faction. For example on October 31th had MUCH fewer games as Ostheer and Soviets, compared to the other factions. October 30th had a huge spike in US and OKW games.

If we assume that players within Allies top 150 and players in Axis top 150 have an equal chance of playing against similarly skilled players as they do lower skilled players (outside top 150), then Allies having more overall games played should mean that they have played more games against lesser skilled players and thus likely won those games. (And in reality, it could be that US players are playing 80% of their games against lower skilled players while OKW is playing all their games against top 150 players, hence having a win rate closer to 50% which is the ideal based on the MMR.)

The only way this would be relevant is if it limited all games counted to players within the top 150 and any games against players outside that bracket would not be counted, or if it simply included all games/players and not just the top 150.

Still is somewat relevant sinse match making is supposed to have some quality :foreveralone:

5 Nov 2015, 09:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Just like OP?

Which got his playercard scanned and then suddenly accused of being a noob at USF and later this statement was countered since said human being that read said player card, got it wrong in the end and admitted it :foreveralone:

PS. my playercard can be seen if you click on my profile :bananadance:
5 Nov 2015, 09:53 AM

Permanently Banned
I've found that 2 flamersturms backed up by a suppression source (kubel/ leig) can do quite well against flamer rifle blobs, at least in a 2v2. The suppression makes the rifles almost useless, allowing your Sturms to force a retreat or deal heavy damage.

Later in the game, flamers sturms vet fast, so I have enjoyed using their vet 3 stun grenades to wreck rifles. I have had more trouble vs. Actual flanking squads than just blobs, but I find that 2 flamer sturms and a luchs can shut them down harf.

I was going to test out these theories in 1s today, so I'll get back to you guys.

What if you don't want to spend money on that lousy commander and don't get any helpful drops from warspoils? Then what? Is all hope lost?!
5 Nov 2015, 11:18 AM

There are a couple of less noticeable tactical advantages that the US has over the Ostheer that I feel actually contribute a fair bit to the current state of balance. Just wanted to point them out:

- The US Major provides a Forward Retreat Point, significantly cutting down the amount of time Riflemen need to get back in the fight. This function is invaluable and it wins matches.
- The Ambulance, while relatively expensive, is by far the most efficient method of healing in the game. This means US squads need less time to heal than Ostheer squads and can spend more time in the field.
- Ostheer players need to build T1 before they can deploy their core infantry unit. US players don't need to build anything, so they can start capping the map (or seizing important buildings) with their Riflemen and Echelon squads before the Ostheer player is even out of their base. It also means that US players have the advantage in the opening moments of a match, thing as they have more firepower in the field and can herefore bully around the first few Ostheer squads. This usually allows US players to win the opening battles, and things can easily begin to snowball from that point.
- Dismountable crews give the US the most mobile and - arguably - fastest method of repairing vehicles in the game.
- The US Lieutenant and Captain squads give US players more infantry just by teching. Although these guys can turn into a manpower bleed by the end of a match, they can be invaluable in the early and mid-game. The Lieutenant is basically another Rifle squad and the Captain can fight off light vehicles.

Honestly I sometimes feel like these factors have as much influence on the Ostheer/US matchup as the effectiveness of Riflemen does.
5 Nov 2015, 11:25 AM

So if I win a few games with ost I can make a wehr OP thread?

Yes you can :)
5 Nov 2015, 11:35 AM

The game is a complete joke at the moment, Basically if you are a axis fan don't bother even joining a game as nothing but sheer bullshit will ensue, The LEIG was the only thing OKW had to stop the rifle spam but since allied players knew this they cried until it was nerfed into shit, Resulting in our current situation, Only exacerbate by the Pershing commander
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment