Login

russian armor

USF cakewalks OKW and Ostheer

4 Nov 2015, 18:35 PM

Permanently Banned

I mixed up which one you were on your recent games (thought you were not winning as usf, but it was just losses vs all allied factions).

Ah oke. Well I have had multiple bug splats with USF as well. Since patch they have almost doubled :foreveralone:

Still I can't seem to win any games vs a decent USF player as OKW. I most definately blame OKW faction design and USF being way to potent right now.
4 Nov 2015, 18:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 18:03 PMbicho1

Thank you finally ...

Yeah he just told us his assumption was wrong. What a relief huh champ :foreveralone:
4 Nov 2015, 18:39 PM

Permanently Banned
So if I win a few games with ost I can make a wehr OP thread?

Please leave my thread :foreveralone:
4 Nov 2015, 18:45 PM

I guess what both Axis factions could do with is buffs to an available infantry counter. Classy David had a thread recently where a change to Sturmpios could allow them to act as a better mid-game infantry counter against the now buffed Allied Infantry, and PGs could probably do with a buff to their Anti-infantry performance when they don't have Panzerschrecks.
I think the problem with Rifleblobs right now is that there is a lack of an Axis infantry based counter in the mid game. Obers come too late to be any real form of counter, and vehicle-based counters also struggle due to availability.
4 Nov 2015, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
4 Nov 2015, 18:50 PM

im playing OKW currently and my experiences forced me to either go for the Luftwaffe doctrine cuz of MG and quit usefull fallschirmjägers or, in problematic city maps like Ettelbrück, i go for Spec Ops cuz i really like the "new" STGs for Obers and it works out quit well for me vs. players which are MY skill-level or worse then me in which case it is much more a practice match :foreveralone:

edit.: these are only 2 commanders and strats i use and this is the problem. I need some MG or suitable "elite" Infantry otherwise its really difficult to stay a chance. I didint tried Scavange out yet but i guess its a good one.
4 Nov 2015, 18:53 PM

the win lose ratio's from coh2 chart.com

http://coh2chart.com/

currently the whermacht is falling a bit behind and OKW looks really bad. 1vs1 (ATM could have changed since it a updated stats)

ofc week efter pershing is out all will play as usf all were waiting for the heavy m26 so ofc more players will play as usf ........
4 Nov 2015, 18:54 PM

I find OKW unplayable vs good rifle user.Volks do NOTHING.And once they have vet 2 -gg(not).
USF is the biggest blobber faction and least skill which is why u see now its the most played,the terminator blob of doom has attracted most of the blobbers there.
Either axis infantry needs buff,or usf infantry needs nerf.Starting with removing smoke grenade and rifle flamers and vet riflemen.
4 Nov 2015, 19:14 PM

So if I win a few games with ost I can make a wehr OP thread?

If you could get the stats to back your claim up, yeah you can.
4 Nov 2015, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 19:14 PMUnited

If you could get the stats to back your claim up, yeah you can.

All OP has as proof for "cakewalking" is his 6 winstreak without even rank information, but it's apparently good enough.
4 Nov 2015, 19:31 PM
Patrion 14

I've found that 2 flamersturms backed up by a suppression source (kubel/ leig) can do quite well against flamer rifle blobs, at least in a 2v2. The suppression makes the rifles almost useless, allowing your Sturms to force a retreat or deal heavy damage.

Later in the game, flamers sturms vet fast, so I have enjoyed using their vet 3 stun grenades to wreck rifles. I have had more trouble vs. Actual flanking squads than just blobs, but I find that 2 flamer sturms and a luchs can shut them down harf.

I was going to test out these theories in 1s today, so I'll get back to you guys.
4 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

All OP has as proof for "cakewalking" is his 6 winstreak without even rank information, but it's apparently good enough.

visit
at the end of each week.
4 Nov 2015, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 19:36 PMUnited

visit
at the end of each week.

Aaaand............Silence.:hansGG:
4 Nov 2015, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 19:36 PMUnited

visit
at the end of each week.

That's not "cakewalking", not even close.

6% winrate difference

OKW is shit though, no argument there.
4 Nov 2015, 19:44 PM

That's not "cakewalking", not even close.

6% winrate difference

OKW is shit though, no argument there.

Check 2 vs 2 too.Wehrmacht glorious .48 win rate.Truly exemplary.
4 Nov 2015, 20:23 PM
Donator 22

double sturm opening, on close quarter maps against brits are also not bad. against usf I try to play agressive with kubel, medic truck and 4 volks plus leig.
4 Nov 2015, 21:46 PM

yea, playing vs usf often feels like desperate tower defense for your 20% of the map
4 Nov 2015, 22:47 PM

the win lose ratio's from coh2 chart.com

currently the whermacht is falling a bit behind and OKW looks really bad. 1vs1 (ATM could have changed since it a updated stats)

I should make a copy pasta to refute this because this comes up as "evidence" way too frequently.

CoH2 is a game of Axis vs Allies, atleast in ranked play.

Collectively, the allies have 1,410 games played.

Collectively, the axis have 1,205 games played.

This isn't as bad as it was last time I saw it, where Allies had double the amount of games played, but you have to keep something in mind. You should also note that this is a sum of games over the course of the week, but on any given day there is a different amount of games played for each faction. For example on October 31th had MUCH fewer games as Ostheer and Soviets, compared to the other factions. October 30th had a huge spike in US and OKW games.

If we assume that players within Allies top 150 and players in Axis top 150 have an equal chance of playing against similarly skilled players as they do lower skilled players (outside top 150), then Allies having more overall games played should mean that they have played more games against lesser skilled players and thus likely won those games. (And in reality, it could be that US players are playing 80% of their games against lower skilled players while OKW is playing all their games against top 150 players, hence having a win rate closer to 50% which is the ideal based on the MMR.)

The only way this would be relevant is if it limited all games counted to players within the top 150 and any games against players outside that bracket would not be counted, or if it simply included all games/players and not just the top 150.

4 Nov 2015, 22:49 PM

I should make a copy pasta to refute this because this comes up as "evidence" way too frequently.

CoH2 is a game of Axis vs Allies, atleast in ranked play.

Collectively, the allies have 1,410 games played.

Collectively, the axis have 1,205 games played.

This isn't as bad as it was last time I saw it, where Allies had double the amount of games played, but you have to keep something in mind. You should also note that this is a sum of games over the course of the week, but on any given day there is a different amount of games played for each faction. For example on October 31th had MUCH fewer games as Ostheer and Soviets, compared to the other factions. October 30th had a huge spike in US and OKW games.

If we assume that players within Allies top 150 and players in Axis top 150 have an equal chance of playing against similarly skilled players as they do lower skilled players (outside top 150), then Allies having more overall games played should mean that they have played more games against lesser skilled players and thus likely won those games. (And in reality, it could be that US players are playing 80% of their games against lower skilled players while OKW is playing all their games against top 150 players, hence having a win rate closer to 50% which is the ideal based on the MMR.)

The only way this would be relevant is if it limited all games counted to players within the top 150 and any games against players outside that bracket would not be counted, or if it simply included all games/players and not just the top 150.

tl;dr game is in a balanced state for 1v1 / 2v2?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 23
South Africa 6
Germany 828
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %