Login

russian armor

Firestorm doctrine : the stuka offmap

1 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM
Patrion 310

...????? this ability cant kill a howitzer just like a stuka because it is the same rockets and number as stuka same damage and aoe profile the most it can do just kill some few models of infy or decrew a weapon

Your bias is getting really irritating. The barrage can kill a howitzer. Stop spreading lies.

1 Nov 2015, 15:46 PM

remember when people were complaining that okw dont have a way to kill howitzers

it still can't.

tested on cheatmod, 2/3 barrage on B4, and 1/3 barrage on ML20 only decrews it, not destroy it.

So yes, it is garbage / RNG bomb.
1 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

Your bias is getting really irritating. The barrage can kill a howitzer. Stop spreading lies.

hmmmm.. strange i tested the howie had its 20 % health left
1)the pics dont show the health of howie
2)you must have gotten luck rocket strikes

so let me rephrase the ability can't or can kill howie (Rng) otherwise my point stands if 1 is correct...plz try posting a video with health of howie it may help better

EDit; hmmm Siuking alsoo tested above somethings really fishy about ur shots puppetmaster
1 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

remember when people were complaining that okw dont have a way to kill howitzers

That really only mattered when howitzers could only be built in the base sector, which prevented the use of Scavenge arty.

Both off maps seem to be pretty RNG as to whether or not it will kill the artillery piece or just decrew it.
1 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM

Or just spam Recoup losses and put all that MP to LeIG or a legit Stuka, this ability is way too RNG dependent and too expensive, I would prefer 105mm arty like OH, much more consistent. Alternatively, just give them Incendiary arty to fit the Firestorm theme.
1 Nov 2015, 17:15 PM

&scavnege vs Firestorm
scavenging = scavenging
jagers > recoup losses
oswind > hetzer
infil. nades = flamethrower (both can counter buildings , just differntly)
arty = arty (or maybe the first one is better i dont know im not able to gt more than 200 munny in 1vs1 to see its full potential)
1 Nov 2015, 17:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I killed an 80 health Pershing with it that couldn't get away. Nod bad.

Still pretty shit though. I tried dropping it on 2 at guns and they didn't even get hit.
1 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM
Donator 11

That really only mattered when howitzers could only be built in the base sector, which prevented the use of Scavenge arty.

Both off maps seem to be pretty RNG as to whether or not it will kill the artillery piece or just decrew it.

Yeah, and that's sad, I think that if other factions have offmaps that kill arty consistently both okw abilities should too. If not then no faction should have such ability, in this special case rng and assymetric ballance should be toned down due to the cost.

&scavnege vs Firestorm
scavenging = scavenging
jagers > recoup losses
oswind > hetzer
infil. nades = flamethrower (both can counter buildings , just differntly)
arty = arty (or maybe the first one is better i dont know im not able to gt more than 200 munny in 1vs1 to see its full potential)

Firestorm arty is better in the way that you can drop it in base sectors.
1 Nov 2015, 17:19 PM

Yeah, and that's sad, I think that if other factions have offmaps that kill arty consistently both okw abilities should too. If not then no faction should have such ability, in this special case rng and assymetric ballance should be toned down due to the cost.

Firestorm arty is better in the way that you can drop it in base sectors.

scavenger is undropable in base sectors form when ?

because in year ago i saw video where it simply :hansREKT:usfusf base
1 Nov 2015, 18:33 PM
Donator 11

scavenger is undropable in base sectors form when ?

because in year ago i saw video where it simply :hansREKT:usfusf base

Ha, those were terribad times.

Thats why you can't drop it in base sectors anymore, because at 700 munitions it would destroy the USF base.
1 Nov 2015, 20:38 PM

yea I remember, and they still do.

Too bad scavenge and firestorm are DLC
1 Nov 2015, 23:16 PM

All OKW offmaps are weak and expensive. Biggest loser is 300muni (+ 80%muni income) worth Zeroing artilery or Assault Artillery aka "I can kill only caches and pop glorified smoke" :) So in my opinion stuka considering "OKW standards" is one of best - next to scavenge - offmap.
1 Nov 2015, 23:33 PM

testing this takes literally 5 minutes, just go to cheat mod, set up 20 or so howitzers, and nuke all of them and see what happens
2 Nov 2015, 02:54 AM
Patrion 27

testing this takes literally 5 minutes, just go to cheat mod, set up 20 or so howitzers, and nuke all of them and see what happens

Brad already did that exact thing in the stream, but the fanboys are still going to claim that they tested it out :luvDerp:
2 Nov 2015, 07:19 AM

The doctrine is so shitty I can't even beginn to tell.

Using alot of AMO BASED abilities (flamethrowers, recoup losses, walking stuka barage) on a faction that needs also a few shreck upgrades to survive and has an income of only 80% without the ability to build caches and boost its income. It's so dumb, that I am sincerely astonished.
It was so easy to turn it into a viable doctrine by one SINGLE change: turn that stupid invented flamethrower on Hetzer into an AT gun.

On the other hand, the USF doctrine is viable, having in it good units and abilities.

Lelic, I start to think you are biased :P.
16 Nov 2015, 07:16 AM

Hey guys i tested the ability again and the doctrine...

Well

16 Nov 2015, 08:20 AM
Patrion 14

1 1/2 years of waiting for new okw commanders and we get firestorm doctrine, probably the worst okw doctrine, even worse than elite armour.
16 Nov 2015, 08:55 AM

I have reformatted the OP due to a couple of inflammatory remarks:

The Feuersturm artillery is like a normal stuka barrage in a circle and it does nothing, the 100 muni incy barrage from stuka is much better.....it even makes major arty look op. And it is supposed to be a pretty good final ability to the doctrine
16 Nov 2015, 12:31 PM
Patrion 14

The only thing worth it in this doctrine is flamethrowers for sturmpios on semoskiy. Everything else is just... blegh.

Actually, I think the only things truly valuable are the thorough salvage, flamethrowers, and recoup losses. It's basically playing without a commander-sort-of(since you need elite infantry with OKW to survive most of the time).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★