Login

russian armor

Hetzer facts

31 Oct 2015, 01:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ill drop some IMPORTANT stats for the new hetzer for those that dont really want to mess with or confuse themselves with the attrib editor/archive viewer

HP: 560

Front armor:180(Ostheer panzer IV Has 180 as well)

Flamer Range: 32

Flamer is very similar to the wasp and other mobile flamethrowers except this thing comes at 8cp and costs 100 fuel while being on tracked-paper

Speed:5.5(Same as JP4)

Target size is 15(for a comparison,the kubel is 14) Making it,pretty hard to hit actually.

Rotation Rate:30(vet 0 JP4 has 20)

Same accel/decel as Jagdpanzer 4

The top mounted MG is as powerful as the kubelwagons MG34(Literally a direct copy to the kubel MG) thats NOT on supress-mode.

In other words the top mounted mg is really weak. and shitty. DONT buy it. It IS a waste of munitions!
31 Oct 2015, 05:46 AM

Hmm.. I wonder does anyone have a replay of effective use of the Hetzer? I am tending to find that if my opponent has any micro skills at all, with no dedicated mg unit besides Kubel for OKW it is easy to move out of arc of it's flame and get behind it. Not finding nearly the use I would like to see out of it. I can do without such an expensive mid-game unit just for clearing garrison.
31 Oct 2015, 05:51 AM

Lol I feel like just a couple days ago I was having to run in fear of any flame toting vehicle only killing it with mines and AT combined... Now my Hetzer is like just barely a threat even when supported... Hmmm... Makes sense.
1 Nov 2015, 06:47 AM

1 Nov 2015, 07:38 AM

Hetzers didn't have a pintle mg right? Remove
2 Nov 2015, 20:04 PM

Hetzers certainly did have an MG mounted atop the casemate, with a shield. MG34, remotely controlled too. The negative was keeping up ammunition feed.
2 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM

Ok I was wrong
4 Nov 2015, 23:52 PM

Thanks for the stats CookiezNcreem.

I tested it on the recent free commander trial weekend unsurprised to discover the Flammpanzer 38 was as underwhelming as I have come to expect of OKW call-ins. <sigh>
7 Dec 2015, 19:22 PM

For The Price and CP requirement the Hetzer is rather underwhelming.
7 Dec 2015, 20:05 PM

I´m only one that thinks hetzer is fine ?

Cheap (kv8 cost 145 fuel , croco 230 fuel and all of them do same damage - flame damage)

Good mobility and hitbox for assault gun type tank.

Give something that OKW lack - building cleaner (now all flakweapons are bugged and OKW is based around flak weapons in tanks vs infantry fight - luchs , fraptrack , oswind)

It now vets rather good with these changed.

I think this doctrine is decend right now.
Flamtrowers on cheaper sturms + decrease in munny income mean you can get flametrower and shreck and mines like other factions

Luch can replace elite infantry to some extend with use of dislodging tools

Recoup losses is good when you make giant assault with volks

Stuka barage is fine for 200 munny cost (ToT cost 180 munny , stuka dive bomb cost 180 munny , iliushing bombing run cost 200 munny)

Hetzer with these changes shine (you can go puma spam and hetzer and shreck without flakHQ and still win)

Scavenge is scavenge ;)
8 Dec 2015, 07:57 AM

Hello.

I like the hetzer too, cheap enough for me.
The only thing i dislike about him is maneuvrability.
For a house cleaner, having his main gun hull-fixed is a pain in a tight environement (unlike kv8), fortunatly, the range is here. For the rest, it does his job and there is no counterparts for that.

Kozo.
8 Dec 2015, 08:08 AM

8 cp is really late, that's valentine light tank late. Atleast croc and kv8 can take a hit

I don't bother with this commander. I got flame nades for anti buildings, Luchs is pretty fast to get so I get an AI tank stock, Stuka barrage might be ok vs arty, but I doubt the enemy could afford it MP wise when you pound them with volks and obers.

The teching changes made hetzer obsolete IMO
9 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM

8 cp is really late, that's valentine light tank late. Atleast croc and kv8 can take a hit

I don't bother with this commander. I got flame nades for anti buildings, Luchs is pretty fast to get so I get an AI tank stock, Stuka barrage might be ok vs arty, but I doubt the enemy could afford it MP wise when you pound them with volks and obers.

The teching changes made hetzer obsolete IMO

Have to agree with this one. Took a commander that was crap and took a bigger crap on top of it. Stick with the default 3 commanders and scavenge.
11 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

I agree.Hetzer sucks.Since when do we have a turret less flamer????????
We get the "FIRESTORM" doc.:hansREKT: with it's "great" flamers and suddenly all flamers ar nerfed.
:hansGASM::facepalm:
The whole commander SUCKS!:hansGG:
Ban it :banned:
11 Dec 2015, 15:39 PM

Oh i forgot how much is rocket barrage in the doc.?
11 Dec 2015, 15:41 PM

Cheap (kv8 cost 145 fuel , croco 230 fuel and all of them do same damage - flame damage)

Good mobility and hitbox for assault gun type tank.

Give something that OKW lack - building cleaner (now all flakweapons are bugged and OKW is based around flak weapons in tanks vs infantry fight - luchs , fraptrack , oswind)

It now vets rather good with these changed.

I think this doctrine is decend right now.
Flamtrowers on cheaper sturms + decrease in munny income mean you can get flametrower and shreck and mines like other factions

Luch can replace elite infantry to some extend with use of dislodging tools

Recoup losses is good when you make giant assault with volks

Stuka barage is fine for 200 munny cost (ToT cost 180 munny , stuka dive bomb cost 180 munny , iliushing bombing run cost 200 munny)

Hetzer with these changes shine (you can go puma spam and hetzer and shreck without flakHQ and still win)

Scavenge is scavenge ;)

You seem to be becoming my nemessis LOL
With the hot fix we wont be able to afford a shit thing like hetz.:(
11 Dec 2015, 15:56 PM

You seem to be becoming my nemessis LOL
With the hot fix we wont be able to afford a shit thing like hetz.:(

Shame I write it before these changes. Right now it is fine too. hetzer + puma can work to some extend. Only shame is that scavenge offers this too and with better abilities (JLI , oswind , arty, grenades)
23 Dec 2015, 03:05 AM

Can't say i'm too impressed with the flame hetzer.

But considering the fuel price, i supposed it could be worse.

After reading this thread i'm gonna give it a second chance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak