Login

russian armor

OKW alternative solution

3 Nov 2015, 09:12 AM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/43759/okw-faction-design-failure

In that thread i thought removing OKW penalties ,vet 5 and some tech changes would lead to rejuvenate this faction by converting it to regular faction.

But since relic is probably not going to change 'theme' thing another possible solution -

1.Remove munition penalty(german industry was producing all time high in 1944-they lacked fuel and manpower,not ammo)

2.Allow choice of toggle between Manpower penalty and Fuel penalty at 66% income.This will eliminate manpower float and give some relief to fuel starvation.Player skill will be needed to toggle according to needs(too much fuel emphasis and end up like poor man's version of industry)

3.Reduce Veterancy requirements accross the baord by 25%.Thus actually making more high vet units possible in competitive games .Right now this feature in marginal,but actually serves as an argument for the crippling resource penalties.

4.Give volks a defensive upgrade or ability like 'For the fatherland'.Active for 15 seconds or so.Only useable in freindly territory and thus defensively.This would allow volks to survive allied infantry blobs early and midgame without being totally wiped out until they can accumulate vet.It would not help volk spam as such as it would only be defensive ability applicable in your own territory.
Other option is mp44 which is controversial.
Obers 360 mp.

I think these changes will allow relic to Keep the 'theme' of the faction while making it much more effective.Especially vet requirement reduction and toggle between manpower and fuel should be considered.

My solutions:

1. Reduce the fuel penalty in such way that the income would be 80% as amo is currently;
2. Make Mg34 stock unit and kubel doctrinal with some small changes to still keep it attractive as an alternative option (like for instance give it higher DPS and allow it to decap and cap teritorry at a fast rate). Alternatively improve volks' AI capabilities;
3. Improve survivability of OKW AA emplacements;
4. (Optional) Slightly improve Panzer 2 AI capabilities;
5. (Optional) Slightly reduce OKW mines cost.

FACTION FIXED

6. Change the Hetzer into a TD instead of a stupid flamethrower tank;

USELESS DOCTRINE FIXED
3 Nov 2015, 09:22 AM

PIATS.

I would rather to get zookas if I get them. PIATS are not worth even 40 ammo and I think doctrinal Boys AT rifles are better
Hat
3 Nov 2015, 09:30 AM

"Fuel Starvation" means you can't pull a Panther out early-mid game?

Seems completely fair.
3 Nov 2015, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 09:30 AMHat
"Fuel Starvation" means you can't pull a Panther out early-mid game?

Seems completely fair.

Nope. "Fuel Starvation" means you actually can pull a Panther out in mid game. And that's about it.
Normal fuel income + ability to build caches means in middle game you can "pull out" much more than that as allied team.

Was... this clear or do I need to draw it to you?
3 Nov 2015, 10:12 AM

My solutions:

1. Reduce the fuel penalty in such way that the income would be 80% as amo is currently;
2. Make Mg34 stock unit and kubel doctrinal with some small changes to still keep it attractive as an alternative option (like for instance give it higher DPS and allow it to decap and cap teritorry at a fast rate). Alternatively improve volks' AI capabilities;
3. Improve survivability of OKW AA emplacements;
4. (Optional) Slightly improve Panzer 2 AI capabilities;
5. (Optional) Slightly reduce OKW mines cost.

FACTION FIXED

6. Change the Hetzer into a TD instead of a stupid flamethrower tank;

USELESS DOCTRINE FIXED

1.Fuel income is gained in a way that either 33% or 66% or 100%.Not same for munitions.So it can't be done.Thats why i said toggle between manpower and fuel and reduce vet requirements.

Changing hetzer to TD is useless as well as OKW already have JpzIV which is better,so overlap.They need early anti-infantry vehicle not harmed by small arms and not costing much fuel,no fuel if possible.I would say a wirbelwind will be much better.
3 Nov 2015, 10:14 AM

totaly agree. OKW need a redesign. I think the same for USF. In the UKF style.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★