Login

russian armor

OKW alternative solution

30 Oct 2015, 19:16 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/43759/okw-faction-design-failure

In that thread i thought removing OKW penalties ,vet 5 and some tech changes would lead to rejuvenate this faction by converting it to regular faction.

But since relic is probably not going to change 'theme' thing another possible solution -

1.Remove munition penalty(german industry was producing all time high in 1944-they lacked fuel and manpower,not ammo)

2.Allow choice of toggle between Manpower penalty and Fuel penalty at 66% income.This will eliminate manpower float and give some relief to fuel starvation.Player skill will be needed to toggle according to needs(too much fuel emphasis and end up like poor man's version of industry)

3.Reduce Veterancy requirements accross the baord by 25%.Thus actually making more high vet units possible in competitive games .Right now this feature in marginal,but actually serves as an argument for the crippling resource penalties.

4.Give volks a defensive upgrade or ability like 'For the fatherland'.Active for 15 seconds or so.Only useable in freindly territory and thus defensively.This would allow volks to survive allied infantry blobs early and midgame without being totally wiped out until they can accumulate vet.It would not help volk spam as such as it would only be defensive ability applicable in your own territory.
Other option is mp44 which is controversial.
Obers 360 mp.

I think these changes will allow relic to Keep the 'theme' of the faction while making it much more effective.Especially vet requirement reduction and toggle between manpower and fuel should be considered.
30 Oct 2015, 19:24 PM

1) Schreks blob will be back:S

2)Hell yeah Rush JPIV or Panther before allies player get anything near as armor

3)Hell yeah vet 5 units in mid game, i agree only on certains units, Obers are easy to vet up, you just need to micro them a bit to not let them die

4) this option sounds sexy af but it only give boost to one unit, so it promote only playing this unit, quite hard to balance this, i mean why sturmpios, obers and others units can't get it, but if they get it, it will be overpowerd, you see the catch ?

30 Oct 2015, 22:00 PM

So any changes to OKW will be OP.With that mentality why not delete the faction?Its a total burden atm.
30 Oct 2015, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 19:24 PMShanka

2)Hell yeah Rush JPIV or Panther before allies player get anything near as armor

3)Hell yeah vet 5 units in mid game, i agree only on certains units, Obers are easy to vet up, you just need to micro them a bit to not let them die

4) this option sounds sexy af but it only give boost to one unit, so it promote only playing this unit, quite hard to balance this, i mean why sturmpios, obers and others units can't get it, but if they get it, it will be overpowerd, you see the catch ?

How will they be back?Volks vet got hard nerf.

And how do you do that with 66% manpower and survive?

Vet 5 units in mid game?Lolz.Vet is currently an excuse for penalties on OKW,serves little actual purpose.If vet5 is not meant to be used in competitive games why bother with feature with such high penalties to pay for it?

Essentially you want to change nothing,a small band aid scraps perhaps which won't do this faction any good.
30 Oct 2015, 22:18 PM

True Volks Vet is shit now :D
30 Oct 2015, 22:20 PM

The only thing I think needs to be changed: volks get slighty better vet bonuses vs infantry.
30 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM

31 Oct 2015, 12:06 PM

How will they be back?Volks vet got hard nerf.

And how do you do that with 66% manpower and survive?

Vet 5 units in mid game?Lolz.Vet is currently an excuse for penalties on OKW,serves little actual purpose.If vet5 is not meant to be used in competitive games why bother with feature with such high penalties to pay for it?

Essentially you want to change nothing,a small band aid scraps perhaps which won't do this faction any good.

It's not about the vet for volks, if schreks are cheaper, i guarantee that we see the end of early armor

Panther coming too soon, JP4 coming too soon, end of armor simple as that, JP4 coming at the same time as Stuart, you don't see the problem ?

I said requirement for vet 5 would be lowered on certains units

No, a lil change to volks AI would make the units more viable AI wise
31 Oct 2015, 13:41 PM

So any changes to OKW will be OP.With that mentality why not delete the faction?Its a total burden atm.

+1 I don't know if the suggested fixes are the right ones. But -25 vet exp requirement on certain units would help them insanely. Although yesterday I had a game where 90% of my units were vet 3+
31 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 12:06 PMShanka

It's not about the vet for volks, if schreks are cheaper, i guarantee that we see the end of early armor

Panther coming too soon, JP4 coming too soon, end of armor simple as that, JP4 coming at the same time as Stuart, you don't see the problem ?

I said requirement for vet 5 would be lowered on certains units

No, a lil change to volks AI would make the units more viable AI wise

Schrek won't cost less Relic said because of spammability
31 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM

lowering the vet requirements would be actualy nice for some units cause they got some fancy numbers there
31 Oct 2015, 14:12 PM

Schrek won't cost less Relic said because of spammability

by cheaper i mean, easier to get, if there is more munitio it's easy to get more schrecks
31 Oct 2015, 14:41 PM

or just maek the specialsit units perform(jagp,obers,falls,kt ,jadg,luch) and make the xp requirement half i mean have you seen how quickly some allied units vet and its takes ages to get to vet 3 for okw let alone vet 5 and some of the there veterancy are just vet 3 vet spread out to vet 5 many okw vet 5 units just get their ass handed to them by vet 3 units....SO Dont FUCKING say VET 5 op Because its not
31 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

Vet 5 is shit on most units and it has become an excuse. Volks need slight AI buff, they can shoot for shit.

On the other hand, recent allied buffs should be reverted. Cons are fine since they don't have access to good weapons. UKF and USf on the other hand, their infantry REK everything, everywhere. So a part of OKW's problems is right there, SUF and UKF infantry supremacy. You can't also complain about UKF anymore, I mean those IS man. Their vet and their weapons... Both axis factions are struggling atm, mostly OKW.
31 Oct 2015, 18:06 PM

Probably 60% is OKW problem, 40% overperforming allied units
31 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM

I'm so glad nine of you are in charge of game balance. OKW is fine as it is. The last thing they need is to be homogenized.
31 Oct 2015, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 15:23 PMRMMLz
Vet 5 is shit on most units and it has become an excuse. Volks need slight AI buff, they can shoot for shit.

On the other hand, recent allied buffs should be reverted. Cons are fine since they don't have access to good weapons. UKF and USf on the other hand, their infantry REK everything, everywhere. So a part of OKW's problems is right there, SUF and UKF infantry supremacy. You can't also complain about UKF anymore, I mean those IS man. Their vet and their weapons... Both axis factions are struggling atm, mostly OKW.

IS have 0 (zero) AT capability unlike rifles, grens or volks. You also need to invest like 300mp and 50+ fuel for all the upgrades to let them fight on an even playing field with axis infantry.

Volks need a vet buff but IS are fine.
31 Oct 2015, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 18:56 PMRollo

IS have 0 (zero) AT capability unlike rifles, grens or volks. You also need to invest like 300mp and 50+ fuel for all the upgrades to let them fight on an even playing field with axis infantry.

PIATS.

31 Oct 2015, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 18:56 PMRollo

What does AT capability has to do with anything? As a whole faction, IS with a decent support REK anything. One Vet 3 LMG IS is a beast. UKF as a whole does not struggle versus armor either. Those AT capabilities which you have mentioned are merely Snares. Except for volks, and Volks blobs are not bug issues anymore. Handling Volks Blobs in 1s and 2s is L2P issue.

If anything, Rifles' buff is more justifiable (excluding Rifle Company) than UKF since the whole faction is powerful. Also, IS -if used right- are even deadly in the beginning of the game, unless you want to YOLO RUSH LMG grens, they are also not that expensive to reinforce anymore. Their vet 2 and 3 are damn good.

Instead of demanding huge buffs for Grens, PzGrens and Volks, why not just tone down IS and Rifles. Although, OKW as a whole has bigger problems.
3 Nov 2015, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 19:24 PMShanka

Shrek blob already has been back. I don't think I've played a single game since the last patch where someone didn't volk blob. All you have to do to play OKW is volk blob and still spam LEIGS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment