Login

russian armor

Feuersturm Commander First Impressions

30 Oct 2015, 17:46 PM

So what are your first impressions of this commander right now? I have only played two games with it, and I like the Sturmpios with Flammenwerfers. Didn't use the Recoup Losses as much as I'd like, and I have to say I think the Hetzer is lacking. It didn't do its job bad, but I feel the speed and directional facing made it less than scary to enemy infantry on the move, like some other AI Tanks and I feel it is lacking in that category. But the armor on it is nice.. The Rocket Barrage I used maybe once, and didn't think it was spectacular but thought it did exactly what it should for what its worth.

What's your opinion?
30 Oct 2015, 18:00 PM

Hetzer sux, rest seems fine
30 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM
Donator 33

Que Blackkorp and Polous to crap all over your thread with the all negative impressions. But you are pretty spot on that ALL flame vehicles are underperforming, apart from the Wher half track that side stepped the ball punch. If all of them can find a more useful damage profile then the Hetzer would be just as feared. Maybe an infantry tracking ability for the Hetzer.
30 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

Que Blackkorp and Polous to crap all over your thread with the all negative impressions. But you are pretty spot on that ALL flame vehicles are underperforming, apart from the Wher half track that side stepped the ball punch. If all of them can find a more useful damage profile then the Hetzer would be just as feared. Maybe an infantry tracking ability for the Hetzer.

Yeah I agree with that, that'd be cool.
30 Oct 2015, 18:36 PM
Senior Referee Badge

The salvage ability is just ok. Don't care much about it, but its oke.I like the stormpio's with flame. I like the manpower ability of the manpower, but only in early game. I think the hertzer is good the way it is. It's not OP and that's why everybody thinks its bad, but its just decent and good if you use it good. The stuka barage is exactly wat i expected from it. Its also just decent and good if you use it good.

So in my opinion a good commander for the okw, no changes pls :)
30 Oct 2015, 18:56 PM

I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Been going mechanized with lots of sturmpios. Focused on lots of munitions of course so mainly been relying on Puma and mines/schreck for AT while Hetzer chews all the infantry to death.

Played a game against an American who is highly ranked in 4v4 but was trying to play a 1v1 exactly like a 4v4 by blobbing all his riflemen with upgrades. Got absolutely decimated by the hetzer.

I've found the way to use it is to attack ground to paint the terrain and restrict movement of enemy squads.

The only tough part of this doctrine is dealing with medium tanks. A Sherman is particularly scary. The key I think is to get a second puma after the hetzer rather than trying to go t4.
30 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

Stuka barrage sux,not worth 200 ammo at all, muni to manpower converting make no sence for okw, hetzer is decent, but maybe needed for some dmg buff, just a little, pio's flamers is good, muni scavenge is usefull.Commander is kinda meh to me, murican is much better.
3 Nov 2015, 05:03 AM

- Barrage just sucks
- Recoup losses is highly situational (Due to OKW having many ammo sinks)
- Hetzer is....??? It is a sub-par flame tank compared to things like KV-8 and Croc, but if you desperately need a flamethrower, it might do
- Thorough salvage is thorough salvage, depends on your personal preference on whether it is useful
- Sturmpioneed flamethrower is the ONLY thing going for this doctrine imo
3 Nov 2015, 08:00 AM

Scavenger is better than this doctrine in every way.
3 Nov 2015, 18:04 PM

completely non sense in 1v1.
if u get pio flame u cant up srecks.

The only think that worth it is the ability to recover manpower through ammo.

Hezter it is the worst flame tank and the cost off artilary (200ammo) make me laught.

In my opinion volks should be able to tech with flames, not the sturmpio.
If rifleman can, why not the volksgranadier....
This would improve early game, even with no at possibility
9 Nov 2015, 06:12 AM

completely non sense in 1v1.
if u get pio flame u cant up srecks.

The only think that worth it is the ability to recover manpower through ammo.

Hezter it is the worst flame tank and the cost off artilary (200ammo) make me laught.

In my opinion volks should be able to tech with flames, not the sturmpio.
If rifleman can, why not the volksgranadier....
This would improve early game, even with no at possibility

Completely agree with this, I originally thought it would be Volks before the release.
9 Nov 2015, 06:52 AM

suck more than elite armor LOL
9 Nov 2015, 07:28 AM

Because of the ammo reduced income it's just too hard to use all the abilities and thereby the commander to it's fulles.

Rexoup losses 80 ammo is just too much if you also want to get flamers and schreks. Hetzer is OK wouldn't buff it with more dmg, we don't want another crocodile. But it's vet requirements are just way too high.
9 Nov 2015, 22:48 PM

Just give volks flamethrower and the doctrine will be good.
9 Nov 2015, 22:51 PM

I've been having a lot of fun with this doctrine lately.

Been working very well with my kubelwagon opening.

11 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

This doctrine can work pretty well, but I understand why it's getting so much hate. The first thing I am going to say is to skip the hetzer. It is garbage.
This may be one of the rare situatuins in which fuel to muni transfer makes sense, because as long as you are laying mines and have a jagdpnzer, you can't get overrun by the flamecheese tanks. I also have found that there is a huge differnce in the best way to build against americans, brits, and soviets. I think that this doctrine is most effective against the soviets because you can beat their early game with 3-4 sturms since they counter early ranged automatic weapons badly (they might try to spam maxims, which will die to this doctrine). For anyone who is interested here is my anti-soviet build order:
I start out with 3-4 sturms. For AT, I get 2 raketenwerfer, build my Battlegruppe and my Mechanized Regiment (for munitions transfer and repairs). At this point, I try to slowly upgrade my sturms. The end goal is to have a decked out mine-proof anti-infantry anti-garrison fighting force that can also insta-repair and shape the battlefield with mines and barbed wire. When I can I get 2 volks followed by immediate schrecks. Next is the Schwerer Panzer HQ followed by a LEIG or two (get the Schwerer HQ first to defend the LEIG). Atfer that I build some obers and a jagdpanzer.
14 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM

First impression. Sucks. Second impression. Sucks. Third impression. Still sucks. Final impression. This is pretty...nope still sucks. :)
15 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM

First impression. Sucks. Second impression. Sucks. Third impression. Still sucks. Final impression. This is pretty...nope still sucks. :)

+1

Except my second impression was its doable because i get ranked agains top 1500 player
15 Nov 2015, 11:07 AM

Just give volks flamethrower and the doctrine will be good.
If you give volks flamers the commander is going to be the okw Rifle company, triple suppression reduction bulletins for volks and walk over all the MGs

This commander needs to be looked at a little, Rocket Barrage comes a little too late, doesn't even one shot emplacements 100% of the time and Hetzer is just gonna suck some fat long kv-8 barrel

Other wise this commander seems to be fine
16 Nov 2015, 09:45 AM

The bad news is that this is probably all you will get for OKW.
While its confirmed that USF get 2 additional new commanders

After 1 1/2 years of waiting for new OKW content I'm more than just disappointed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★